Help Make My Guardian Useful Please!

in Guardian

Posted by: Graedric.5084

Graedric.5084

Hey guys. I’ve been playing a warrior since launch and I can honestly say I comfortably run two sets of gear (Knight’s and Bezerker’s) with two builds focusing on tactictal/ defensive play and damage. I have gotten by just fine in WvW, destroy SPvP and do okay in dungeons.

Since I was lacking use in dungeons, I did some research quite some time ago and decided to roll a Guard and at 80, I went with a strict healing playstyle. It was amazing for dungeon runs and therefore all my bases were covered. The only downside to the guardian in heal gear/traits was that my damage was absolutely terrible, but I didn’t need dmg in dungeons.

This is where I get to my point. I just recently invested in Cleric’s gear for my warrior and am running a banner heals build for dungeons. Not only does it out-heal my guardian now, but it also maintains a high amount of power and out-damages it.

I do not want my level 80 Guardian to go to waste because I know a lot of people play them very well but I am having a hard time finding something to do with it to set it apart from my warrior.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

in Guardian

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

Guardian dungeon builds tend to focus more on damage mitigation & protection rather than pure heals. This might explain why your Warrior out-heals your Guardian. Perhaps it is worth looking over your current dungeon build again to see how it can be optimised with changes since you last played your Guardian. A lot of the reason why Guardians are sought after in Dungeons is because they have a good set of utilities, good group damage mitigation and high survivability.

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

in Guardian

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Warrior will always outheal a guardian if both are spec’d for heals. The warrior is typically more of a selfish build though (other than shout heals or banner heals).

A guardian can provide the group heals plus more importantly all the boons.

in Guardian

Posted by: whyoudoit.6514

whyoudoit.6514

try this doubt your warrior out heals it i found nem makes the best builds by far

in Guardian

Posted by: Kycoo Grim.9463

Kycoo Grim.9463

^—— What he said. I just watched this video and this guy knows his stuff. Anet should hire him for his know how on the game and actually doing the math behind what he says.

Just a filthy Casual, move along.

in Guardian

Posted by: Graedric.5084

Graedric.5084

Thanks guys, all were great builds.

I decided to go with Whyoudoit’s suggestion. The video was long, there was a lot of information, but it seems to be the one thing that can save me from wasting a level 80 toon. Thanks again everyone for the suggestions!