Help With my WvW Med Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Breckmoney.6387

Breckmoney.6387

Coming back to the game after a couple months to catch up on other stuff and I’ve instantly fallen in love with the new meditation changes. Unfortunately I think most of my gear is held over from when I was 1) specced more towards Healway and 2) was a total newb and didn’t know any better (see my trinkets). So I’m here to beseech you wise forum-goers for help. All I know for sure is that I want to run triple-med using GS and Hammer, and here’s the build and gear I have. I’m trying to craft up to 500 for ascended gear, so that will be coming eventually. I have plenty of gold to shift around all of my armor and weapons within exotics for the time being, My first longer-term goal is replacing my trinkets and ring with better ascended stuff. Throughout all of this I want to gravitate towards higher damage and mitigation at the expenses of health with the frequent med heals doing most of the survivability work.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|1.1j.h4.0.0.0|2.1k.h1j.0.0.0|1c.79.1c.79.1n.79.1c.79.1n.79.1c.79|41l.0.2u.0.311.0.311.0.211.0.1c.67|0.5.u1ac.u697.5|15.1|v.15.13.14.1i|e

I’m open to any guidance or critique. Know that this is almost entirely geared at WvW; I roam by myself or with a couple friends maybe 33% of the time with the rest spent running in bigger groups, though I might gravitate more towards roaming with this build.

Anno [GAF] – SBI

in Guardian

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

This is a PVE build, in WvW it will not work especially for roaming. Basically you will lose to any roamer 1v1.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

0/5/30/30/5 is not a PvE build, far from it.

Anyways about the build. Generally people don’t use Honor in a med build, but if you want to. I suggest going 10/0/30/25/5.

Also don’t get celestial trinkets they are bad. Celestial chest, legging, helm, and maybe weapon are fine. However everything else you can mix to get better stats.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Breckmoney.6387

Breckmoney.6387

Anyways about the build. Generally people don’t use Honor in a med build, but if you want to. I suggest going 10/0/30/25/5..

I assume the 10 in Zeal would go towards Fiery Wrath?

I’m in Honor just because I like playing with hammer/greatsword, so 2h mastery is basically required at that point. I could switch it up though – what is a more conventional med build? Down Radiance for RHS?

Also don’t get celestial trinkets they are bad. Celestial chest, legging, helm, and maybe weapon are fine. However everything else you can mix to get better stats.

Yeah unfortunately I got all those back when I was a newb. I’ve since replaced one, just need to keep farming laurels to eventually replace all of them.

Anno [GAF] – SBI

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Anyways about the build. Generally people don’t use Honor in a med build, but if you want to. I suggest going 10/0/30/25/5..

I assume the 10 in Zeal would go towards Fiery Wrath?

I’m in Honor just because I like playing with hammer/greatsword, so 2h mastery is basically required at that point. I could switch it up though – what is a more conventional med build? Down Radiance for RHS?

Yeah unfortunately I got all those back when I was a newb. I’ve since replaced one, just need to keep farming laurels to eventually replace all of them.

A conventional med build would be 0/30/30/5/5 or 10/30/30/0/0. However you’re not using any one handed weapons, so 30 isn’t needed. 10/25/30/0/5 would be a good fit. 10/0/30/25/5 is still your best bet if you want to use Honor. I’ve run this build numerous times before, works well.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i love runinng with 10 in Zeal in WvW. most of the time it will be Fiery Wrath, but if you’re running places and need to jump off some large cliffs to get places faster, you can always easily switch to the fall damage reduction one. i ru around the maps alot so i find it invaluable being able to switch.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

Here is a good little number I just whipped up:
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.0|1.1j.h1j.0.0.0|2.1j.h1j.0.0.0|1j.9a.5j.9a.5j.9a.1k.9a.1k.9a.5k.9a.0.0.0.0.0.0|1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67.1g.67|a0.5.u1ac.k69.5|2m.1|w.15.13.12.1i|e

It deals more than enough damage to be considered DPS and with it’s HP and healing power (never forget selfless daring is 1 to 1 with healing power so the heals in this build are around 800 a dodge) you’ll be able to keep yourself going for sometime.

Merciful intervention is lacking when compared to contemplation of purity as in WvW you will get lumped with a lot of conditions that your previous set-up just can’t clear. I have also changed the healing skill from the Signet to the block simply because that block in WvW when you got a few people after your life with mitigate more damage than the signet will ever hope to heal.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”