Help a fellow out (about stats)

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikael Ekvall.6039

Mikael Ekvall.6039

Hi!
IM currently running like the only metabuild for Dragonhunter (http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_GS/LB). I’ve done fine before, all beserker stats besides 3 assasin armor (all exotic or higher). Have Scholar runes.

Problem is i die alot, like a rat to be frank. And i like to think that i handle my character decent with dodge and all. So i was thinking about swapping out some stats.
But here the problem. I dont know what stats. I wanna raise my hp pool a bit since Guardian have a lot of Toughness anyway. So i was thinking using 3 or more items with Solider stats. Should i make the swap or go for something else statwise. I am kinda poor so i dont afford to big of changes. Have like 100 gold total.

Also, i mostly do solo pve and dungeons. Rarly WvW and never ever Spvp.
Pls held a lost fellow out with some wise words.

* Stixan, Chronomancer * Stykera, Dragonhunter
Nimin, Druid * Stixin, Tempest * Melandru, Reaper
Stagborn, Berserker

(edited by Mikael Ekvall.6039)

in Guardian

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

I’m assuming you’re dying a lot because of HoT?

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikael Ekvall.6039

Mikael Ekvall.6039

That is correct. Outside the jungle i have no problems, life is a breeze in the old world so to speak.

Many have a few items set and swap around. I only own one secondary armor set and it has Carrion stats. And i think best bet is to keep a few beserker items. But i was thinking about to use a few solider items in the jungle. But i dont know if its worth it and how big the dps loss is. Currently i am around 2200 armor, 12k hp, 63% crit chance 218% crit damage.

If a want a more balanced guardian in the jungle so i dont die as much, is the best balanced stats Solider or maybe Knights or Valkyrie? I really dont know, thats why i ask. I mained Ranger before but fell in love with the Guardian half a year ago. Should mention that i max out in the Dragonhunter traitline. So i am not missing any traits and skills.

* Stixan, Chronomancer * Stykera, Dragonhunter
Nimin, Druid * Stixin, Tempest * Melandru, Reaper
Stagborn, Berserker

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

Before making a whole new set you could try some minor (cheaper) changes first.

One, always off-hand a mace+focus for times you might die.
Two, change up your food/oil buffs to add a bit more health and toughness.
Three, change up your traits and build into something more defensible like a meditation build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I wouldn’t change my gear if I were you. Here some other solution.

1)GS M/F with a Zeal/Radiance/Virtue build will give you more resistance. If you really want to play Dragon Hunter, there still other option.
2) You can like Indure said, use M/F with the dragon hunter, but you won’t have the Blind or F1 that Radiance give you.
3) In Virtue you can take Absolute resolution instead of Supreme Justice. It’s a lost in dps, but still small since you are mostly direct damage and not condition. It will give you a emergency condition removal and a higher hp regen.
4) Omnomberry Pie or Ghost is a pretty decent food that will give you a bit more hp regen while still boosting your dps a bit.
5) You could swap Zeal for Valor and use Smite Condition and Renewed Focus for more selfs heals, but that will cripply your dps by a good margin. I don’t really recommend that tbh.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

I would aim for a more balanced stat allocation:

50% crit chance (and almost perma fury) is enough
so is around 200 crit damage

I wouldn’t touch the armour set (or the weapons either).

If you use Soldier ammy and 2-3 soldier and knight earring/ring you can get 2600 armour and 14k HP which is far more HoT friendly

Also in HoT I always use some food. Even the cheap HP regen thingy can help a lot (for you it’s even better since it helps to keep the Rune bonus up). The +60 vitality food is also cheap. You can maintain your 2-3 hours playtime by visiting one Flax Seed farm place….

I don’t know if you have enough laurel, guild commendation and so on but I would change these first (and you can use them later on your other levelling toon…).

Sure the traiting can help but you cannot make wonders if some mob hits you for half of your HP bar every 2 seconds. And there are five of them

Happy Guardin’!

#I no words have"