Help, back after LONG hiatus; need PvE build

in Guardian

Posted by: Stormravyn.6149

Stormravyn.6149

I played GW2 daily for a couple years I guess… last thing I remember was downing Scarlet, and then a few days of checking out Dry Top when it was released. Now I am back and so much has changed…

My Guardian used to be my main, and would like to play him again. He was Knights gear with Trooper Runes, ‘Zerker trinks and very tanky. I’m down to 24 gold just trying to redo all my character’s builds and gear, so I really don’t want to change him much from what I know.

Used GS and Scepter/Focus. I NEVER PvP, VERY rarely WvW, and because I have been gone so long, I don’t do fractals or dungeons/raids. Just mostly open world, trying to catch up on Achieves, farm gear and gold, progress in story; I am WAY behind everyone now. Any ideas on a good build that will work for me and allow me to survive alone in Maguuma? I’m too old to learn complicated builds on 5 characters lol. I like the tanky build I had, but I did hate killing so slow. Maybe a good balance?

in Guardian

Posted by: Indure.5410

Indure.5410

Incorporate Dragon Hunter into your current build if you have unlocked it. It will dramatically help you in the new zones. The longbow gives you range, the new Virtues are much stronger, and the new traps add a great mixture of damage with boons. Radiance pairs well with DH in open world content since it renews Justice, this should give you enough damage to keep Knight’s gear.