Help me be a medi guard!

Help me be a medi guard!

in Guardian

Posted by: GinghamLion.3614

GinghamLion.3614

Hey guys, just made a brand new guardian for pvp. I’m usually a thief/Mesmer player and I’ve been branching out. I tried him out today in hot join and it was just a mess. Hot join is awful.

Anyway, I’m using a GS & S/F, traits I do not remember, 6 in valor for sure, but the others are largely spread out.

So basically I’m trying to play a dps guard and I’m brand new at this class, how do I mitigate damage? Rangers were just knocking me around and immobilizing me, and I ate it. What are some tips for a new zerker guard?

Help me be a medi guard!

in Guardian

Posted by: mPascoal.4258

mPascoal.4258

Phask - Guardian/DH | Phaskk - Warrior | Phaask - Revenant

Help me be a medi guard!

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Its not /everything/ you need to know, but its pretty great. Hot join is indeed a mess, I’d play unranked only, as you’ll generally be matched with players at your skill level, and on a new char, you’ll be with others that are similarly on a new char or similar.

Fishsticks

Help me be a medi guard!

in Guardian

Posted by: GinghamLion.3614

GinghamLion.3614

Its not /everything/ you need to know, but its pretty great. Hot join is indeed a mess, I’d play unranked only, as you’ll generally be matched with players at your skill level, and on a new char, you’ll be with others that are similarly on a new char or similar.

Well, the guard is new. My account is not. Not that I’m high up on the MMR scale or anything, but I certainly can’t keep up with a brand new spec as I could on my shatter mes.

Help me be a medi guard!

in Guardian

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

How to mitigate damage
- You’ve got a total of 4 blinds
GS Leap
Sword Tele
Focus 4
Virtue of justice

GS 5 might interrupt on pull if you’re able to hit stuff with it.
Besides that you’ve got your blocks.
Focus 5: 3 blocks 5s
Shelter: 2s
Renewed Focus: 2s

Keep Shelter and Renewed till the last moments, either under heavy damage or to negate a burst attack.

I’m gonna assume you already do this, but gonna point it out anyway. When you use Renewed, make sure you’ve activated all your virtues. as they all recharge due to Renewed.

One tip:
Either avoid their initial burst, or be the one that’s bursting first! I always try to burst first, as their burst mostly gets me for 50-70% of my health when not avoided.

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

(edited by Guardian of Angels.9867)

Help me be a medi guard!

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

Nothing says Medi Guardian like Bursting 5 players for around 15K within the space of 2 seconds.

Your standard Burst will consist of: focus 5 → switch to gs and wait for a second then begin the animation for gs 5 → use Judges Intervention to teleport to your target target → Pull them in with the gs 5 → gs 2 and smite condition for the cheery on top.

If everything crits and hits you’re looking at 15K and if you do this into a group of enemies that are already fighting it is highly likely that you’ve just dropped several people in an instant.

One other thing that I will always love is Hammers Banish + Judges Intervention for teleporting to people out of no where and sending them flying off cliffs.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

Help me be a medi guard!

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

i have a lot (a lot) of meditation guardian footage on my stream at twitch.tv/holymoobs if it helps

gerdian

Help me be a medi guard!

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

If you open on a ranger with your sword 2 skill, it will blind his next attack, which will likely be an attempted point blank shot. From there, you will have the upper hand as long as you stay in range, which should be fairly easy to do. If he does manage to knock you back, a simple JI will put you right back in his face.