Help me out with a build!

in Guardian

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some input from you as to what traits I should take etc. I am a huge fan of utilising combo fields and also love using the Hammer. I do NOT want the typical ‘AH+Shouts’ build. Yes it’s good, but I don’t like running what everyone else does. I don’t have to be the very best or anything. Enjoyment comes first.

My off set weapons are not certain yet. Currently it’s a Scepter+Torch, but I still want to give Sword, Shield and Mace a good go again (been a while since I used them). Also I like to be beefy, but deal decent damage. No glasscannon for me!

So I also love the burning a Guardian brings and I came up with the link below!
I’d like to hear where you would improve things.

NOTE: This is for a PvE environment: roaming & dungeons. Loadout will vary from time to time, but I thought the two that are in place now should be the standard ones. What 3rd one do you recommend?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQFAClYgiDZGiPkiIrgIrKEPMFaMjXPSIFbIA-e

Cheers!

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Writ of Persistence, instead of Two Handed Mastery. Hallowed Ground instead of Purging Flames if you’re interested in self combos. Make sure you use Smite Condition if you’re using Monks Focus. Use Sword/Focus as your off set so you can nail super high bursts as needed. Use Berserker gear, all of it. Between MF and almost perm Protection you’ll be fine.

Edit: Strength in Numbers is pretty bad, use Purity. Then swap your heal to Shelter. Use it strategically as a block.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

(edited by foofad.5162)

in Guardian

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

Thanks for the input thus far. Why Hallowed Ground instead of Purging Flames? Lasts a little longer, but does not damage. I will use Purging Flames and my Blast Finisher in conjuction so timing is no matter. Any other reason why?

Shelter is something I haven’t used yet, but will look into it and the Focus has been a while as well, will check it out again. Thanks!

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Thanks for the input thus far. Why Hallowed Ground instead of Purging Flames? Lasts a little longer, but does not damage. I will use Purging Flames and my Blast Finisher in conjuction so timing is no matter. Any other reason why?

Shelter is something I haven’t used yet, but will look into it and the Focus has been a while as well, will check it out again. Thanks!

Hallowed Ground has enough time to get two blasts in. The burning you get from Purging Flames isn’t really going to contribute terribly much to your damage, and it only removes one condition rather than one on every pulse as you would think given the description.

Also, mass Stability is godly in a lot of fights, and you’re giving out a boon that not every class has access too so it’s quite helpful, properly timed.

P.s., don’t use Judge’s Intervention in dungeons. Use Contemplation of Purity.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

(edited by foofad.5162)

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i actually prefer Writ of the Merciful compared to Writ of Persistence. small heals, but it helps a lot. although, argubaly, if this really is just PvE focused, then Persistence is a good choice too —> longer lasting = more DPS.

for purging flames, i think you can walk in and out of it to remove more than one condition. though hallowed ground is a very strong skill as well! definitely give it a shot and see which you prefer. or you can switch it accordingly.. if you know a lot of CC / knockbacks coming up in a certani dungeon encounter, throw in hallowed ground. lot of conditions? use purging flames.

mace + focus is a fun set. you get one blast finisher on each weapon set as well. or even mace + torch. especially if you’ll be running buffed symbols. plus, you’ll be pretty darn “tanky” with hammer and mace. with the right specs, mace hits very hard as well, especially AoE dmg from protector’s strike.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall