Help me with gear choice

Help me with gear choice

in Guardian

Posted by: Clear Black.9206

Clear Black.9206

Need advice on stats/gear type to run. My only plans at this point is for PVE. My guild is really casual, nobody cares about meta builds, etc etc. For general PvE, LOW LOW fractals, and normal dungeons I will be running GS/LB Dragonhunter. This may not be the proper combo of weapons, but its fun for me.

What I currently have equipped is Rampagers gear. It seems to do ok, but was curious how vipers would be? Or should I just ditch the condi and go full Zerk.

Any other insight please feel free to help. Thanks mates

Help me with gear choice

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Rampagers isn’t the best since you don’t have a lot that benefits from crits. Condi works fine with GS but far less so with LB so I’d suggest going for Maurader. You still end up with high precision, but you’ll have the Power and Critical Damage to really get use out of it. Mauraders gives you lots of damage stats while also providing a good HP buffer, perfect for casual, low-stress play. You lose only around 7% damage compared to berzerker, but gain 54% more health.

If you wanted to go condi then Sinister or Vipers would be good. Sword, Scepter, and GS would be good options with Torch as at least one of your off-hands.

Fishsticks

Help me with gear choice

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

If you wanted to go condi then Sinister or Vipers would be good. Sword, Scepter, and GS would be good options with Torch as at least one of your off-hands.

I’ve been playing condi lately, and sinisters everything but helm and pants (vipers there) with balthazar runes will give you 99.97% burning when fooded up. You pretty much have to use torch and drop Dragonhunter if you want to condi though.

For using GS/LB I’d go full zerker or marauders because those two weapons don’t really care for condi damage. Though as a Guardian, you should carry every weapon you can use because everything is useful on a Guardian unlike other classes that can have that one useless weapon you’ll never use.

Help me with gear choice

in Guardian

Posted by: Clear Black.9206

Clear Black.9206

Ok, so lets say forget about the GS for the time being. I want to play mainly the LB guardian. What gear stats would you suggest for the LB as my primary wep? After that, what is a few good weps to go along with the LB as a primary. Staff? Torch?

Help me with gear choice

in Guardian

Posted by: Kerivek.5740

Kerivek.5740

Generally the best secondary options you will have for LB are GS or Sw+T/Sh/F. I personally like doing the GS/LB combo for open world. I think the GS is perfect for open world stuff because it has mobility, pull, and great AoE damage. Use Berserker’s or Marauder’s gear.

Help me with gear choice

in Guardian

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Help me with gear choice

in Guardian

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Here’s what I would like optimally for Open World:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAsfTn8cClChlDBekittendil4BrKAslqXYLh/zWQe/FAXgA-TRSBQBA4UAkQ1fwj+AUohJLKxuiyjH8EAIy+DmRJIA-e

Currently on a full berserker set. Only use foods and utilities for group stuff, because for the basic roaming it’s pointless.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.