Help with Tanky supportive dungeon build

in Guardian

Posted by: Skyguy.3715

Skyguy.3715

Hello, I just made a lv 80 guardian alt. I have a thief and necro lv 80 also. I made a guardian to make a class that is a little better for dungeons. I dont want a dps build but more a build with average damage and that is tanky and get provide some good buffs. Thanks

in Guardian

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

cookie cutter AH build with hammer and staff:
0/0/30/30/10
Honor: retributive armor, strength in numbers, altruistic healing
Valor: superior aria, and then any two of: empowering might, resolute healer, symbol last longer, pure of voice
Virtues: master of consecrations

Knights armor with soldier runes, berserker trinkets

healing skill: shelter, signet, and human heal are all pretty good, take whatever you find suitable.
utilities: 2 shouts, I use retreat and SYG the most but others can be useful as well. And 1 consecration, most likely wall of reflection or purging flames, sometimes hallowed ground. There are some encounters where you will find 2 consecrations very useful so don’t hesitate to use them if it makes your gw2 life easier.
elite: renewed focus, solid panic button, recharge virtues if your team needs an urgent aegis when retreat is on cd or something like that.

gameplay: basically you stick with hammer auto attacks for group protection uptime, hammer 2 for some more dps at the end of your chains if you like, hammer 3 and 5 are good CC’s, hammer 4 is an okay interrupt but most cases you want to use it against the wall. staff is mainly for the empower at the beginning of fights, very useful when your team needs periodic burst damage like simins, snow fractal boss etc.

Use it as a starting point and tweak it to fit your own playstyle

Oceanic [LOD]

in Guardian

Posted by: Skyguy.3715

Skyguy.3715

Thanks I might use a greatsword over the staff however

in Guardian

Posted by: Shmookle.4216

Shmookle.4216

0/0/20/30/20

Valor – Strength in numbers (or Meditation mastery if you run any), Honorable Shield (or Mace of Justice if you run mace), can run Retributive Armor in either to help boost crit rate for vigor procs
Honor – Superior Aria, (two-handed, Empower or Writ of Persistence), Battle Presence
Virtues – (Improved Spirit or Master of Consecrations), Absolute Resolution

Utilities – 2 shouts (SYG + your choice, I like HTL and retreat), last slot varies on fight/situation/group, elite is usually renewed, courage is good as well but i tend to find more uses for renewed

Gear – Mix of soldiers + clerics or knight + clerics, you’ll want enough crit to reliably trigger vigor. You can run without +healing but the extra healing helps with battle presence
Runes – Soldier (shout cleanse)

Note that the healing won’t save anyone for spike dmg but does help quite a bit with survivability of the group.

Battle presence ticks for 102 normal, 128 with absolute resolve with only the base 300 healing. Add +6 normal or +8 absolute per tick for every 100 healing power you have after the 300.

Weapons – your choice (I tend to run some combo of scepter, mace, shield, Hammer, Staff)

Note: you can switch battle presence for pure voice and soldier runes for boon duration, if you’d like to go that route instead