Help with spec to suck less

in Guardian

Posted by: Avipt.9632

Avipt.9632

Im noob at Guardian and therefore suck extra hard cause of their low Hp pool, so im currently sitting on full zerk gear, is there any good traits spec and rubys or something i could use to become more “tanky” but still have a fun dps experience in both PvE and PvP?

in Guardian

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

Keep the zerk gear so you can deal damage and use the very forgiving Altruistic Healing + Empowering Might combination. Those are traits in defensive lines so taking them reduces your damage potential but dead players deal no damage, right?

It’s a good way to avoid dying constantly while you learn the game.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

(edited by GreyWraith.8394)

in Guardian

Posted by: Avipt.9632

Avipt.9632

Yeah i mean ive had the game for a very long time but never played any long sessions so ive only been able to gather zerk and played with that, but its hard to enjoy the game when mobs in dungeons one hit you, with warriors its a bit more forgiving but i just like guardians visuals.

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

l wouldn’t recommend using tanky traits, as most of the guard support come from traits and utilities and not gear. Take a bit of knight/zealot/ ptv if you really struggle, but it all comes down to practise and class knowledge.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Guardian

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Aegis, protection, blinds are going to be your best friends when it comes to dungeons.

Justice is Blind + Blind Exposure (VI) + Renewed Justice in the Radiance line are a powerful combination that excels in multi mob fights. Combine that with sword/focus and maybe a greatsword, and you can time the blime for a near perma-effect. In the case that you can’t blind as readily that’s where Aegies and protection act as damage mitigaters. Aegis is harder to use, but you want to save that boon for those “kill-shot” attacks. Protection (from HtL or SY) is great to sound when you need a moment of damamge mitigation. Hammer (with traited smbols) offers competitive DPS as well as offering perma-protection by simply AA-ing.

As mentioned before AH is going to be the go-to trait for defense for dungeons overall. Combine that with symbols, a few shouts, and “boon” traits to maximize the effect.

The build I used to run would be 0/4/6/2/2 as far as a good balance of offense and defense. This will allow for Justice spamming which grants might (stacks heal the guard due to AH), blinds, applies vulnerablity. The 2 in Virtues can be used for Concecrations or Unscathed Contender for that superior 20% damage buff. Despite being fairly suvivable even in Berserker gear I would consider this build less optimal as it is reactive. A stronger build would be the Meta’s “Fractal Hammer” which focuses symbol DPS and allows for camping in Hammer AA (required swapping to GS for for higher DPS though).

Gear-wise, try to stick with Berserker if you can as that is the best stat for dungeons. If you feel you need to be tankier I would slot out your 6 armor pieces with either knight’s or Soldier’s but be sure to keep your trinkets Berserker.

P.S. Do you use the right food in dungeons to help survivability?