How can I play Guardian in tspvp?

in Guardian

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

Hi all.
I need to know how you play guardian in spvp/tspvp, because I really don’t do good.
I’ve try a DPS build before the last patch. I’m able to kill any DPS class. But now there’s not direct damage class. Everyone use Condition Damage, then my build is a waste of time. i use Meditations to heal and cure conditions, but I don’t cure, I Convert conditions. Then my enemy convert my boons in conditions… and I’m F**** .
I’ve try a support build, but I’m useless because I die quickly and don’t do damage, and 4 sec of protection don’t change the fight, or 5 sec of stability (more useful, but not the best skill in the world).
Then I’ve try a bunker. I’m useless because the enemy hit me easy and don’t need to defend because my dps is too low to cause trouble to my enemy. I only die slowly, but if they use condition damage (expecially poison) I’m F**** again because of my low hp. (20k in Soldier isn’t good!).
I can chose to give a lot of damage and die in 10 sec or to don’t do damage and die in 20 sec…

Then…. how can I play that kitten ed class in tspvp whitout be useless????

(P.s. Sorry for my bad english)

in Guardian

Posted by: Pillows.1306

Pillows.1306

Guardians suck at almost any kind of pvp. All classes are ridiculous right now with the conditions and tankiness/heals. Every classes is trumping guardian. except probably warriors.

in Guardian

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Someone would say that bunker guardians are little op, the best bunkers…. Did you try 0/0/10/30/30? With this one you have quite many condition removals, good heals and survivability … just look on guards subforum for silvens post https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Silven-s-PvP-Guardian-Build-Guide . Most of those builds are pretty much viable in certain situation.

I usualy run 20/0/30/0/20 with hammer spirit weapon and its quite nice with soldier amulet, berserker upgrade, lyssa runes, hidromancy sigils and gs/hammrer weapons (tho havent played guard since new patch).

I am pretty much good in last build (ofc sometimes in little changed variations) 1v1 and great uility in teamfights so …. if you know how to play guardian properly those builds work just fine. But dont expect to solo kill good bunkers (in prety much any guardian build, except maybe full dps ones).

all is vain

(edited by Emapudapus.1307)

in Guardian

Posted by: mrook.4163

mrook.4163

Definitely check out Silven’s guide emapudapus linked, and give those a try! This is what I have been running as a mid bunker post patch, you are welcome to give it a try:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUAQNAW5elUgqC3GSPEf4ESmCRCBxUwRf01DI6hYIA-TsAgzCoIMSZkzIjRSjsGN+Y9xOCA

Edit: I had not seen the builds Silven had changed, some have been updated for the patch. Give them a try!

(edited by mrook.4163)

in Guardian

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Guardians suck at almost any kind of pvp. All classes are ridiculous right now with the conditions and tankiness/heals. Every classes is trumping guardian. except probably warriors.

I fell down my chair for facepalming with all my appendages. Guardians are weak? We are the most balanced class in the game and every one of my encounters where I lose (happens quite rarely) I could have managed with more experience and knowledge of the opposing class.
Current condition builds are strong so you need instant condition cleaning. I recommend putting 20 in virtues: virtue of resolve is stronger and removes 3 conditions. You have an elite that recharges virtues so that is instant 6 conditions cleaned plus powerful healing. Shouts are ok but only cure 1 at a time unless you have both pure of voice and soldier runes. And even with investing for both of those you get the same amount as you would with virtue of resolve.
And don’t forget stability. It’s only effective if you use it with timing. It has the potential of breaking almost every burst combo that comes from necros, thieves, warriors, elementalists and mesmers.
Also we have such a wide variety of blinds and blocks that make other classes kitten bricks.

in Guardian

Posted by: Pillows.1306

Pillows.1306

I run a bunker in tournaments using meditations and in many cases rangers and engineeres can almost always take me down. Bunker engineer, elementalist and ranger are way more efficient than bunker guardians. They have good tankiness and they can dish out good damage. Its quite difficult to hold a point with guardian. Me and my mesmer friend both agreed when 1v1 in tournaments the easiest classes to take out are warriors and guardians.

in Guardian

Posted by: Abraxius.6429

Abraxius.6429

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=V73xs;1RFF40J3RG-90;9;599TJ;11;04;014A18-7wl6;2ZF18ZF183NM this is a build i have been running that is slightly different than the meta build. I am one of the few guard that really hates shelter as well with this u can bring ur signet heal down to a 32cd!!! which is twice the heal while still getting to keep all the cleanses/heals of the meta i find this to actually bit a bit better at surviving. the weapon set is up to you actually, I just run scepter for some extra cc. I do find myself sometimes swapping out for mace if you really want those extra blocks/symbol for area effects for teammates

The Lawful Danyyle
(Reality is Unbalanced)

in Guardian

Posted by: Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

Myrmidian Eudoros.4671

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=V73xs;1RFF40J3RG-90;9;599TJ;11;04;014A18-7wl6;2ZF18ZF183NM this is a build i have been running that is slightly different than the meta build.

The block from Shelter is so wildly valuable, but with all the Necros (Reaper’s Mark interrupts Shelter) and condition overload flying around these days giving the signet heal a second look isn’t out of the question. That passive 2 condi clear every 10s can be really handy on top of the shouts.

in Guardian

Abraxius.6429

yep that’s exactly my mentality as well^^. Thats just what i use personally and it works great for me!

The Lawful Danyyle
(Reality is Unbalanced)

in Guardian

Posted by: Silv.9207

Silv.9207

That’s a good build, but…. why use cleric for only 6+3 sec of regeneration? (if you use shout and virtue)
Isn’t better use Soldier equip?

I’ve always used the signet, but Shelter has 2 good point:
1) Block the enemy attacks for 2 sec (you can use it to heal and block enemy attacks like 1000blades of the war or other high damage skills like Thief’s skills)
2) The enemy can’t interrupt your heal. frequently in a fight enemy can knock you down or back, fear you, daze, or other things. If you use the signet you can be Interrupted, but whit shelter you start to block enemy attack then heal.
That’s why I use shelter. It’s good not only to heal but to defend and block enemy attacks.

The build is good, It’s like my Hybrid build of some weeks ago. It work good to clean conditions. But I use Purging Flames and don’t use Retreat. It clean 5 conditions in 5 seconds, burn the enemy and give you a field to obtain Flame Armor to burn the enemy, if you use GS, or a flame burst whit the 2 of the Hammer.

But using that build you sacrifice defence to clean conditions. It’s good against a thief, a mesmer or a bow equipped warrior. But against a necro or a engi whit conditions it’s not the thing that make you win. They give you conditions all the way, you can’t clean it all.

I’ll try something :-)

Thx all for the builds!!!

in Guardian

Abraxius.6429

ah but u misunderstand my build its not bunker guard per say thats why it is my Tpvp build only cause it is used to keep my teammates clean and standing its not meant to fight 1v1’s i mean u can fight 1v1 and 1v2’s but u wont be able to win the fights due to it being a distraction build that buys ur team time to cap other nodes. I use this as a way of simply getting my team 500pts that it lol. plus to answer the shelter question i just dont think the reward is worth the skill, say ur at 25% health and and pop it to block a burst its nice to have the block but what does it get u, up to 40% O.o. Plus ppl are also not taking into account the numerous other blocks/blinds that we have so depending on just 1 move is 90% of the time not the case

The Lawful Danyyle
(Reality is Unbalanced)

(edited by Abraxius.6429)