How do you move?

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Dragonite.3841

Dragonite.3841

Just out of curiosity I am wondering how everyone controls their characters. Do you find it easier to do battles controlling you character with the mouse(movement and camera rotation) and letting your other hand do your skills, or do you use the WASD buttons to move your character?

I find myself using the wasd in battle, though my hands seem cluttered trying to hit all the abilities.

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

This is REALLY REALLY weird and I am possibly the only person on earth that does this but I use the num pad for all skills and WASD for movement….My mouse is a track ball so I can easily use it to move for AOES… I really haven’t had a problem playing like that.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

This is REALLY REALLY weird and I am possibly the only person on earth that does this but I use the num pad for all skills and WASD for movement….My mouse is a track ball so I can easily use it to move for AOES… I really haven’t had a problem playing like that.

No..
You are not weird, but brilliant. All skills at your figure tips while being able to aoe and move. Nice

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Irena.1062

Irena.1062

I rarely use the mouse, if at all ever.

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Dragonite.3841

Dragonite.3841

I would like to not use the mouse but I find it too handy to just point and click stuff.

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Mouse to turn and target, also got dodge and jump on it (thumb btns)
movement and skills on keyboard (actually a gamepad)

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

I have my skill keybinds pretty much around WASD (which I use for character movement). I mainly use the mouse for turning my camera, target selection, target marking, weapon swap (too awkward for me to use on keyboard), and vent PTT.

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Wasd for movement (A and D for strafing, not rotation), mouse for camera rotation, and I have all of my abilities rebound to be reachable without moving my left hand. I also have some extra abilities bound to mouse buttons so I never have to move my right hand either.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Vidal.5384

Vidal.5384

WASD. I have weapon switch on the top left key of the keyboard. Very easy to reach. Everything else on number pad. Three virtues being the keys above 7,8,9. I have 9 buttons on the side of the mouse that are helpful for elemental But not as much guardian. Come in useful for target and click skills tough.

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

No..
You are not weird, but brilliant. All skills at your figure tips while being able to aoe and move. Nice

Well thanks

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Similarly to Jagger.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Wasd for movement (A and D for strafing, not rotation), mouse for camera rotation, and I have all of my abilities rebound to be reachable without moving my left hand. I also have some extra abilities bound to mouse buttons so I never have to move my right hand either.

Almost the same, although i do use A and D for rotating in conjunction with my mouse. Left bar is still 1-5, right bar is Shift 1-5, dodging is Middle mouse button and thats about it. Im very effective with it, i seem to be using auto-run a lot so when i switch to abilities my runspeed is not effected when i dont push WASD

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Almost the same, although i do use A and D for rotating in conjunction with my mouse. Left bar is still 1-5, right bar is Shift 1-5, dodging is Middle mouse button and thats about it. Im very effective with it, i seem to be using auto-run a lot so when i switch to abilities my runspeed is not effected when i dont push WASD

I use A and D for strafing so that I can use Q and E for utilities instead of strafing. Then I use alt-1 for heals, mouse thumb button for third utility, shift+space for elite. I still use V for dodging, but I use C instead of F1, and shift Q and E instead of F2 and F3. I do it that way because I often spam Virtue of Justice depending on the build, and that being the case I find it handier to hit C with my thumb than to reach up and hit F1 a lot.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Abraxix.7693

Abraxix.7693

yeah i’m an avid mouse user and keyboard user..

whilst fighting use “wads” – however i rigth click mouse and constantly “strafe” most of the time to the “right” (D) and use mouse to ‘scroll around’ map and target facing me , then use left – pinky, rin, mid fingers for skills 1-4 (5) is my panic button… and then utilities are on my mouse..

though now i want to sawp strafes to (D & A) after reading this SMART… hahahahaha

oh and runnign normally W or® and mouse to move not turn / strafe keys hahaha… i’m strange like that though….

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Chazcon.1867

Chazcon.1867

I never use the mouse in combat, except for a couple of things I can’t map to keyboard. I’d throw the kitten thing away if I could. All keyboard is much faster/more effective imho. Once you get it all ‘in your fingers’ there is no thought process, movement and combat is intuitive and transparent. It takes 2-3 weeks with a new game for me to get it all down. It’s like playing a guitar, really. The bad thing about using a mouse is pointer acquisition, tracking and placing on target. It’s a nightmare in a pressure combat situation with lots of graphic goodness happening on screen.

You say, “FOR THE VITAE!”
Ru says, “CHAZ!”
Simply Red tells you, “I am SO not recovering your body!”

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Scotoma.1259

Scotoma.1259

18 “G” keys from my G510 for my left hand and 17 from my Naga and right hand. I think im qualified to pilot the next NASA shuttle now :P

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Looks like I’m the one that’s a weirdo here:

I use the arrow keys for my movement, including dodge (double tap), mouse for camera moving and targeting, and the numeric keypad next to the arrow keys for my skills. Jump is on the PageDown key. Numberic keypad Enter for weapon swap. Numlock, / *, and – above the numeric keypad for the class skills (default of F1-F4).

I used to run my extra mouse buttons for the class skills, but found using the keys above the numeric keypad better.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

Use keyboard for movement AWD, forward and strafing, no back key. Some skills mapped around AWD.

Mouse for rotating. Left or Right click on scroll wheel to dodge. Rest of Skills mapped on mouse keys (G700).

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kimeni.2509

Kimeni.2509

Numpad for movement.
8-forward
2-backward
4/6-rotate
7/9-strafe
0-JUMP
div-toggle walk
multiply-autorun
numplus-dodge

rest of the keyboard is for my left hand using skills with EveryThing hotkeyed. Right hand moves to mouse to do dialog, and ground targeting. If i am going to be using alot of ground targeting I take out my Nostromo for the left hand so I can move with thumbpad while moving left hand to the mouse.

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

Logitech G13 gamepad with thumb joystick keybound to aswd. Moves smooth.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

I used to do that, before gw2 at least. I’d reach my thumb from my track ball for a few extra 10-keys. Now I just use wsad and surrounding keys with a programmable multi-button track ball. On my laptop with some other games, I use a usb 10-key instead of a keboard for wsad along with a track ball. But those games are not so much key/button mashers like gw2.

How do you move?

in Guardian

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Personally I have my movement keys on ESDF, strafing with C as a turn around key. (I should probably bind D to the about-face, since I’m pretty sure backpedaling is always bad.) I have a hand on the mouse constantly to choose direction though.

All my skills are cluttered around there. It’s QWR|TG B 123 4. Dodge on V. And F1 is doubly-bound to Ctrl, since on a few of my characters it’s basically the only profession key I need to hit quickly / frequently.

Edit: The only unusual bind I have on my mouse is pressing the middle button to call out targets.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.