How is Slow on Trap Activation Working Out?

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Really slowly…..

sorry couldn’t resist

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Bluehydra.6392

Bluehydra.6392

I personally don’t like it, i feel like daze worked better for my survivablitiy both in PvE and PvP,

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Interrupting downed players with Purification or Test of Faith were eons more helpful. Getting slowed by other Guardians is just annoying. Slowing other players, well, there’s no type of synergy there all.

Each trap should have their own condition applies. Slow, Stun, Cripple, Bleeds, etc.
ToF – Stun,
Procession of Blades – Bleeds
Light’s Judgement – Cripple
Fragment of Faith – Slow

Would have been lots better and we’d have some form of synergy. For example, Light’s Judgement is a trap nobody uses in any gamemode but it’ll synchronize well as a 3rd movement impairing effect considering they do little to no damages.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

I honestly am grateful that traps don’t daze anymore. I never realized how stupid it was that people could interrupt me so easily until yesterday. I just wish that instead of slow, traps on activation gave us fury… Slow doesn’t even make sense. I would also be okay with every trap crippling enemies instead.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

Cripple makes sense since guards are slow , so be able to keep up with enemies by crippling them is good.

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

honestly not as terrible as i tought. the slow makes it easier to use procession of blades from what i’ve experienced. Hammer might be a tad, and I stress a tad bit usefull again with the chill every 10 sec. Haven’t figured it out completely. still experimenting with it. prolly wondering about picking grenth or lynx amulet.

in Guardian

Bluehydra.6392

I honestly am grateful that traps don’t daze anymore. I never realized how stupid it was that people could interrupt me so easily until yesterday. I just wish that instead of slow, traps on activation gave us fury… Slow doesn’t even make sense. I would also be okay with every trap crippling enemies instead.

I get it was ridiculous in PvP, but I don’t like to lose break bar value for PvE. Don’t really understand why every class got split changes but they took our daze completely on both game modes. I agree that slow doesn’t make sense, but at least it has better cc value than cripple.
Slow does 50/s, so giving the traps 2s of slow (instead of 1.5) would do the same as what daze used to, I’d be glad to see this happen even as a PvE only thing.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

It’s ok but i do miss the tactical utility of being able to interrupt key enemy skills with traps. Daze was also great for rezzing. Now i just drop test of faith on cool down rather than save it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I have noticed i have an easier time killing other dh though.

in Guardian

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

In limited use on the HoT maps it feels pretty crappy so far. Maybe if I were running a condition build where I was building in some condi duration it would feel better?

in Guardian

Bluehydra.6392

In limited use on the HoT maps it feels pretty crappy so far. Maybe if I were running a condition build where I was building in some condi duration it would feel better?

I don’t think it would make a difference, none of the traps burn

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

I get it was ridiculous in PvP, but I don’t like to lose break bar value for PvE. Don’t really understand why every class got split changes but they took our daze completely on both game modes. I agree that slow doesn’t make sense, but at least it has better cc value than cripple.

They said they won’t split the functionality of a skill/trait between game modes. Like, they can’t have a trait daze in PvE and slow in PvP, the two are completely different.

The split changes will only involve number differences, specifically: damage, heal, boon/condi duration, number of stacks for boon/condi, and cooldown

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Dragon’s Maw already slowed.
A change was needed, but this one is quick and sloppy.

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

After a couple more matches, I’ve started to realize how useless 1.5 seconds of slow is for us. I wish they made it cripple for 1.5 seconds

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

After a couple more matches, I’ve started to realize how useless 1.5 seconds of slow is for us. I wish they made it cripple for 1.5 seconds

I switched to burn DH. only using heal trap. Switched out TOF for Purging flames.

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

How are you enjoying it so far

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

i played only 8 matches and really enjoyed it. I specced DH Valor Virtues with heal Trap, JI, Purging Flames and Smite Condition plus Renewed focus. Using Sc/Shield Sword/Focus Sage Amulet and Balth runes.

With Permeating wrath , Zealots aggression and dulled senses you get Burn, Vuln and Cripple on every passive VOJ proc which is very nice in team fights. geomancy sigil on both weapon sets for bleed as another cover condi.

You have to focus Team fights because permeating wrath is so much stronger. For 1v1 i think standard meditrapper or symbolic build is better, Team fights the burns stack really high.

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

That’s cool man. Sounds effective. It’s been so hard trying to carry games, lol

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

That’s cool man. Sounds effective. It’s been so hard trying to carry games, lol

it def feels like its harder without the interrupts. Using my burn build i definitely missed the interrupts when fighting thieves. Also had harder time stomping because couldn’t use a trap to interrupt a res.

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

Yeah, it’s tough man. Not sure what to do lol. Just gonna have to go harder. Lost hella MMR yesterday. Maybe it’s time to carry less traps xD

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

i duo Queued with a guildie that specced Bunker Staff guard and between us we got pretty much all of the Top Stats in a few of the matches.

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

Top stats is cool but all I want is a win lolol

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

Top stats is cool but all I want is a win lolol

good point!

ha

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Yeah, it’s tough man. Not sure what to do lol. Just gonna have to go harder. Lost hella MMR yesterday. Maybe it’s time to carry less traps xD

I know you usually run procession of blades right? It’s usefulness dropped down now that there’s 0 Stun effects.

I’ve always run ToF/Smite/CoP for ages and never had issues with sustains or damages. In fact, I last long enough to get another ToF combo in or another purification proc. I recently swapped to Paladins with Lynx runes as oppose to Marauders & Pack runes. I haven’t noticed a big difference in the rune/amulet performances between the two so I caved and stuck with Paly’s+speed increase.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

was 100% nerf. we don’t win downed state fights anymore which really makes me mad. the slow does absolutely nothing. id prefer something like 5s cripple or 3s chill or weakneess.

Darek.1836

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Slow is rather useless for us, it doesn’t do much for our traps at all.

Daze was incredibly strong so I don’t mind it going away, but… Slow is just, eh…

in Guardian

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Going from 100% stoppage of actions to 50% action speed. No duration increase. Slow is literally a 50% daze, except it doesn’t interrupt… Nerfs always feel bad, maybe bad enough to not have the trap trait be mandatory? The immobilize trait starting to look good eh?

in Guardian

drgast.1469

I think the immob trait is def the better choice atm in pvp. Especially with CD down to 26 seconds.

To be completely honest, DH trait line is a mess in general. First heavy light change and now this has really reduced the effectiveness of using DH imho. The tradeoff is almost like we get to use longbow and the updated virtues, but we’re punished by having to use DH traits lol.

in Guardian

Posted by: baroi.3264

baroi.3264

USELESS

Poor decision for PvP. Chill would be a lot better to help with the combos.

Slow gives more dmg than Chill in Defiance Bar, this is why I think they chose it in my opinion.

The solution.
Daze for PVE, Chill for PvP.
Cripple we can do with ToF and trait.

Subdrop

in Guardian

drgast.1469

Personally, I’d love to see them take Piercing Light trait in a much different direction. Forget the CC part of it.

-20% CD Reduction on all traps
-Traps also create a symbol at location for 2 seconds.
-Traps also give the individual boon associated with each trap to 5 allies in area

Then I’d swap Piercing Light with Hunter’s Fortification.

It’d give Traps/DH some much needed synergy with other trait lines (zeal/honor) opening up build options. You could balance things like trap cd’s, symbol duration etc. It’d also make traps more useful in group play by allowing us to support effectively, but in a slightly different way than the traditional guard.

It’ll never happen because it would require more work than I think they are willing to put into it, but that’s what I wish traps were like. Just my 2 cents.

in Guardian

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

The slow feels pretty useless to me both in pve and pvp tbh. But tbf I’m a pretty kittenty pvper in general. Currently running core burn burst guard seems to help a lot but then again I’m low gold rank :P.

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

USELESS

Poor decision for PvP. Chill would be a lot better to help with the combos.

Slow gives more dmg than Chill in Defiance Bar, this is why I think they chose it in my opinion.

The solution.
Daze for PVE, Chill for PvP.
Cripple we can do with ToF and trait.

Chill would be excellent… O_O

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Fucj this change…as if guards were top level Dominator.Meanwhile ranger remain with their stupid sustain and ele get buffs…holy kitten. Karl please stop making change please.

in Guardian

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I agree that the change of daze to slow was pretty terrible for guardians in terms of roaming. You can’t use daze from TOF to interrupt blocks anymore which is a huge impact. You can’t interrupt stomps and rezzes with it anymore either. Slow is short duration and almost negligible. Much easier to randomly clear a slow condition than a daze. Its duration is so short though it probably wouldn’t matter much.

The only reason why I still go for the traps trait is because of the cooldown reduction…There is so much sustain now that it just isn’t feasible to fight without a reduced CD healing.

Worst, F2 CD reduction isn’t translated to WvW.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Guardian

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I would have preferred chill. Atleast that would be useful in wvw when you’re trying to escape a bad situation. Drop a trap, crippled and chilled = better chance of escape. The daze was op and i can understand why they removed it. But c’mon, atleast replace it with something useful.

in Guardian

Posted by: oscuro.9720

oscuro.9720

I wish traps gave either quickness or immobilize or a specific effect per trap. I really like quickness.
If it is a condition based on trap, I would go:
Purification: Chill
ToF: vulnerability
Procession of Blades: immobilize
Lights Judgement: weakness
Fragments of Faith: cripple