How many Guardians do you have?

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

I got my 4th guard to 80 the other day which made me wonder if there are people who have more than me. I mean I pretty much know that there are. I just want to see some pretty screenshots and I’m bored. :<

Attachments:

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Only 3 here. I may do a sylvari guard if I’m bored, but I need 60 tomes of knowledge first.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Well, 5 atm. Was thinking of giving a burning or spirit build a try next, might level up a new toon for that

Attachments:

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

introducing:
Massive Muubs!
Lazer Muubs!
Muubs!
Ssj Muubs!
Holy Muubs

All ofcourse spelled with O’s instead of U’s. Apparently Anet decided my name isnt appropriate for the forums

all 80’s ofcourse

Attachments:

gerdian

in Guardian

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

Currently 2.
Sylvari female, convinced me to keep it and to like the race more. Multiple armour for different looks and builds though won’t be going for t3 cultural.
Human female, alt character.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Just two for now.

My main is a Knights/Zerker/Valks/Cavs mix that I can use to go between PvE and WvW. All I need to do is switch traits.

The other is a Cleric/Magi build focused on making little green numbers float upwards on the screen. It does its job very well.

I hope to have one just for Burn/Condi build soon, but I have a few other profs that I’ll need to make doubles of first. I’ve got 12 total characters.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Just made my second the other day, haven’t leveled it yet. It’ll be my WvW one though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I’ve leveled 3 total, but I deleted the first one, so I have 2 left. An asura and a charr.

in Guardian

Posted by: Raina.8642

Raina.8642

2 Level 80 Guardians Currently, although thats because I’m decommissioning my charr guardina.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

1 and he is my only lvl80 since pre order.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Just one. I don’t see a particular point in getting another.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

One Charrdian. (The fun part’s that he’s Iron Legion.)
If I snagged a spare slot at some point, I wouldn’t mind an Asura.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

I only have 1 but I am planning to level a Slyvari just to play or troll with Binding Jeopardy and Slyvari racial binding roots.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

One because I don’t see the point of wasting character slots on the same profession. Ok I lied a bit, I have two warriors. I first made a Charr, then I realized how terrible they are (horrible armor and animation). However, I got her to 80, this was when gear was character bound so I didn’t want to delete her.

Plus I don’t like the other races, yes I’m racists.

Humans are boring
Norn are big and dumb
Charr are just terrible
Asura …ugh don’t get me started…rats

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: KevinB.9643

KevinB.9643

Just have 2 guards out of 13 lv 80’s (please dont comment on that )

in Guardian

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

I have 4.
3 level 80 – norn (my main), sylvari and asura, and one human I’m leveling atm.
But I also deleted 1 level 80 guardian.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

in Guardian

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

If I counted all the ones that got to 80 before deletion it would be 7 but I only have 2 currently.

in Guardian

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

The only guardian I need, his name is Barfolomew.

Attachments:

Jade Quarry since Beta

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I only need 1

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: bubbachua.1243

bubbachua.1243

everyone has to have a charr guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Charr Warrior you mean…

Got 2 guardians now, Human (my main) and a Norn (tempted to delete).

Saving one character slot for when/if Tengu become playable and my Guardian reincarnation of Talon Silverwing is finally an option – different name ofc… but a Guardian nonetheless

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in Guardian

Posted by: FrostAntler.9123

FrostAntler.9123

I got my 4th guard to 80 the other day which made me wonder if there are people who have more than me. I mean I pretty much know that there are. I just want to see some pretty screenshots and I’m bored. :<

Can you post your armors? Nice mix and match

in Guardian

Keksmuffin.1450

Can you post your armors? Nice mix and match

Phalanx chest and legs, t3 shoulders, aetherblade gloves and arah boots.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

I made a charrdian before it was cool.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

only 2, no charrdians here. Norn and Asura

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

I’m confused – why do you need more than one? I get it if you made a sylvari (cough) and re-rolled to the true guardian race – Asuran … but, yeah….

WHY?

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Keksmuffin.1450

I’m confused – why do you need more than one? I get it if you made a sylvari (cough) and re-rolled to the true guardian race – Asuran … but, yeah….

WHY?

One human for med guard, one for bunker guard, the asura for everything that isn’t PvP and the charr because I had too many tomes of knowledge left.

Also it’s nice to switch between characters with different skins and stuff for a change when you play one class a lot. :<

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

WHY?

Well I started off with having only a Norn as my main, but after a few times jumping between PvE and WvW and forgetting to change correct accessories, weapons and traits before it was too late (“here, admire my toughness and healing stupid dungeon boss” or “why aren’t my meditations healing me halp” etc) I decided it was enough and made separate characters with separate gear and traits, and then it took a bit off. 2 for PvE, 1 for Zerg, 1 Mediguard and the Charr is basically my testdummy I try out builds on and he gets rekt 99% of the time.
And basically everything Keksmuffin said above me…

But that’s just me, I’m not trying convince anyone should do more than 1 character

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I was bored so I took a couple of selfies!

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Just the one, I don’t see a reason to have more than one of each class given builds are not fixed

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

i have just one…heck i only have one level 80 toon. lol

But seriously how hard can it possibly be to swap traits and gear around. I do that while running between fights! hmm shall i be staff/hammer or Gs./hammer. quick change….

ok i was in zerg so i was AH Frontline build now im off for a bit of small group/solo roaming. 30 seconds to switch traits and gear and im now a Medi guard.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Just one. Leveling blows and I don’t see any reason to have multiple characters of the same class (especially since I still need a level 80 Thief…); one of each is fine, and I can just switch around my build/gear on each character if I want to do different stuff.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

i have just one…heck i only have one level 80 toon. lol

But seriously how hard can it possibly be to swap traits and gear around. I do that while running between fights! hmm shall i be staff/hammer or Gs./hammer. quick change….

ok i was in zerg so i was AH Frontline build now im off for a bit of small group/solo roaming. 30 seconds to switch traits and gear and im now a Medi guard.

It’s more convenient for me to not have to carry around 4 different armor sets depending on what I want to do. And also some people just like to have multiple characters of their favorite class.

I don’t really see what the problem is with that.

in Guardian

Posted by: Teleoceras.1298

Teleoceras.1298

I have 3. From top to bottom, they are Angus Fleshripper, Olga Infernus, and Casca Griffthbane.

Attachments:

29 characters!
League of Omnipotents [Omni], Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

It’s more convenient for me to not have to carry around 4 different armor sets depending on what I want to do. And also some people just like to have multiple characters of their favorite class.

There is no problem . im just finding the convenience argument not so convincing. I can swap gears and traits faster than it takes to go back to the character select screen, change toons and then having to Waypoint to wherever i am meant to be. Even worse if you happen to be in WvW (where i spend 80% of my time) when there is a long queue to get in. If you swap toons you have to queue again (which lately has been taking over 10 min)

Also carrying multiple sets has never been a problem, just get nice big bags.

But again its not a problem. People can of course do what they want. I just see no actual “convenience” benefit to having multiple toons of the same class in this game except for the pleasure of having diff races/gender etc which is totally fine of course.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

There is no problem . im just finding the convenience argument not so convincing. I can swap gears and traits faster than it takes to go back to the character select screen, change toons and then having to Waypoint to wherever i am meant to be. Even worse if you happen to be in WvW (where i spend 80% of my time) when there is a long queue to get in. If you swap toons you have to queue again (which lately has been taking over 10 min)

Also carrying multiple sets has never been a problem, just get nice big bags.

But again its not a problem. People can of course do what they want. I just see no actual “convenience” benefit to having multiple toons of the same class in this game except for the pleasure of having diff races/gender etc which is totally fine of course.

The fact that you brought it up as an issue suggests that you have a problem with it, even if you don’t outwardly realize that you do. Some people just have all of the classes that they want maxed and like to have different characters for different purposes.

in Guardian

Posted by: airick.9850

airick.9850

I only have 1 right now, but he is my main. Male Sylvari Guardian. Always debated on making a Human Guardian though, because I love their cultural armor sets (especially the shoulders).

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

One!
/6charrs

P.S. also u should feel bad rolling asura in PvP
#noasuraswag

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

As per my other post, I now have 3. Power Hammer, Healing Mace/Shield, and Hybrid Meditation.

I make new characters for the “theme”. Build + looks. I also like to be as even as possible. I had all races, then all professions, now all armor weights per race, and eventually 2x all professions. I just like having tons of characters

Attachments:

Fishsticks

(edited by Ghotistyx.6942)

in Guardian

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

2 x female norns (I was obsessed with norn chicks for the first year), 1 asura, 1 human male, 1 x sylvari girl

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

One

/15 characters

Attachments:

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

2 lvl 80 guardians here…and i thought im the only one..

whats with guardians anyway?

in Guardian

Posted by: Megastorm.6219

Megastorm.6219

1 to rule them all.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: LCV.7245

LCV.7245

Some of you people are sad, sad human beings.

The Pleb Army | 80 Sylvari Mesmer | 80 Norn Warrior | 80 Asura Ranger | 80 Asura Necromancer |
80 Sylvari Thief | 80 Human Elementalist | 80 Asura Guardian | 80 Asura Engineer |
80 Sylvari Revenant