How tall to make a Norn?

How tall to make a Norn?

in Guardian

Posted by: Downhill.2086

Downhill.2086

Q:

I have been playing an Asura thief for a little while.
Decided I’d like to make a Norn guardian.
Since he (or she) will be a frontline WvW chararacter, I thought it would make sense to use the tallest model possible so I don’t get lost in the crowd.

However, when I took him to the starting zone the guy felt so slooow. Movement-wise.
Does movement speed get better in time?
Does a shorter model feel faster than a tall one?
(Yes, I know that playing a bouncy little Asuran will not be the same as a large lumbering Norn. )

What do you think? Yes or No. Why?

Also are the movement animations any different between male and female.

Thanks.

How tall to make a Norn?

in Guardian

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

Even the shortest model will still feel slow. And since theres no actual speed difference, just the animations, it remains the same lumbering norn. I will say though, my main is a norn and it did bother me for a little while. I don’t even notice it anymore though.

How tall to make a Norn?

in Guardian

Posted by: Downhill.2086

Downhill.2086

Thanks, Indie.

I know it is the appearance of slowness. hehe
SO will just have get used to it… if possible.

What about frontline height? tallest or shortest?

What about male or female?
(Note: I think female models look much better than male, but, you know… ).

Thanks

How tall to make a Norn?

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

The slowness never bothered me. Other races feel fast. Even my human feels like Usain Bolt. But my main’s a Norn so I guess I’m just used to it.

But, if you run a 25% speed runeset it’s largely mitigated by that.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

How tall to make a Norn?

in Guardian

Posted by: Indie.4129

Indie.4129

Taller does make you more visible up front but I’ve never had an issue. I recently made my norn the shortest possible out of curiousity and still have no issue finding him in a fight. Keep in mind also that the bigger you are the easier you are to pick out by the opposing team too.

How tall to make a Norn?

in Guardian

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

all characters have the same movement speed, but depending on how tall/short they are the movement animation gets slower/faster.

to make a norn feel “normal” by runing you must downscale its height meter all the way…but then youll be playing a really short norn…and youll feel insignificant when youre standing to other npc norns…as they point and laugh at you all the time…

If commanding in wvw is your goal you shouldnt have a problem playing a assura either.

Just tell people to tag you and pay attention to where youre going, use a community team speak (not sure about others but my home world does have one)