How to fix Sword:

How to fix Sword:

in Guardian

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

Sword sucks now, lets be real. Here’s how to fix it.

1. Fix the 3rd skill in the auto attack chain. It is pretty buggy and a lot of times, doesn’t hit your enemy properly.

2. Make the 2nd skill instant cast (like judge’s intervention). A big reason for this is because this would make great synergy with skill 3 (and all other skills ofc). A lot of DPS is lost with skill 3 because people run away from it and it starts to miss. Skill 3 -> Skill 2 would allow for much more accurate, offensive gameplay.

3. Make skill 3 not root you. Come on Anet, its 2015, we shouldn’t have any rooted skills anymore. Its hard to get full damage from skill 3 because people run away. let us be able to chase them.

thanks fam

if these changes aren’t enough to bring sword more in line, then increase the damage by 5-10%

How to fix Sword:

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

1. I think this is a problem of the “blade fan”. however since they pierce and are able to produce 9 hits in total I would say this is an exceptable downside.

2. #2 already has no cast time. making it truly instant could be interesting however I do not see a lof of additional uses besides with torch off hand.

3. #3 is more of a defensive skill (could be better yes). a dps loss is not so much of a problem if the defensiv effect would be better (more range + homing). removing the root would still be good. looking at all the new skills that are getting introduced a rooting effect on a skill is only valid if the effect is very strong.

What would help this skill more then anything is an actual block effect and not an absorb.

personally i feel that sword became more of a condi weapon due to its rapidly application of passiv F2. it will be interesting with DH and supreme justice since it will let you stick to a cripple target pretty kitten efficently.

How to fix Sword:

in Guardian

Skyline Crash.6254

1. I think this is a problem of the “blade fan”. however since they pierce and are able to produce 9 hits in total I would say this is an exceptable downside.

2. #2 already has no cast time. making it truly instant could be interesting however I do not see a lof of additional uses besides with torch off hand.

3. #3 is more of a defensive skill (could be better yes). a dps loss is not so much of a problem if the defensiv effect would be better (more range + homing). removing the root would still be good. looking at all the new skills that are getting introduced a rooting effect on a skill is only valid if the effect is very strong.

What would help this skill more then anything is an actual block effect and not an absorb.

personally i feel that sword became more of a condi weapon due to its rapidly application of passiv F2. it will be interesting with DH and supreme justice since it will let you stick to a cripple target pretty kitten efficently.

9 hits in total? How so? To bosses or something?

How to fix Sword:

in Guardian

Asmodal.6489

3 piercing projectiles, each hitting 3 targets max.

How to fix Sword:

in Guardian

Skyline Crash.6254

eh well, look how much damage it does, just a little bit more than the final strike of GS.

How to fix Sword:

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

doesnt matter how many times it can hit or how impressive the numbers are, it’s about whether it can actually hit at all, which it doesn’t most of the time. Just make sword 3 slashes, i don’t see a point in being projectiles when you are at already next to the target.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

How to fix Sword:

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Really they should just make the 3rd AA a true multi hit cleave with normal melee range.

As for #2, it would be nice if it also dropped a symbol where you teleport to.
One with low/moderate damage that stacked might per pulse (with 3 pulses) would be awesome.

As for the #3, if it blocked everything it would be worth the root, but if they are willing to get rid of the root then it would be alright as well

Lastly it would be nice if the sword trait caused critical hits with the sword to apply a short duration bleed (say 4-5 seconds). This would mean they could look at the number of burning stacks the guardian can do and possibly adjust them. (meaning less burst but more condi cover)

How to fix Sword:

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

Our only condie weapon is Torch (well hybrid, cause it also crits for a lot on a power specc). We don’t need another one because we have Supreme Justice, Permeating Wrath and VoJ. I saw someone else in another thread suggesting that sword should be made to have more condie aplication, which i’m totally against.

We are not warriors to have a backup power weapon like Axe. Scepter is pure offensive but it doesn’t cleave and it’s mid-range. Mace is only lucky due to how bad Zeal is designed to the point that it meakes you feel stupid for not taking a symbol based weapon, not to mention mace is designed as a defensive tool at first.

This leaves sword as our only melee offensive 1Hander. @Ragnar the Rock.3174 I like that “true multi hit cleave” idea for the 3rd hit, and i would like to add that we don’t profit as much from our blinds as we could. We could have a great GM trait in radiance that could enhance our blind aplication skills (vuln on blind does not cut it), like a dmg % mod or an interesting mechanic.

Sword 2: Would be great if we could use that without a target. I would even go on in suggesting for 2 charges (10s CD) so you can dash in and out of combat without the need of a map critter. Power guards would really appreciate that, since we are not like the other brawler specs, not built for sustain. I was hoping Anet learned this by now.

Sword 3: Only thing i’d change is to remove the root and give it a DMG boost (~25%) if foes are blinded or burning. That would differentiate it from the auto-atack and could be also used for a dmg increase in bursting.

TDLR: Sword is not a condie weapon. #SaveSword2015

How to fix Sword:

in Guardian

Asmodal.6489

eh well, look how much damage it does, just a little bit more than the final strike of GS.

the 9 hits are more relevent to activate passiv burn procs. which is an indirect dps boost ind some situations. same goes for torch #5. Mind you always having Permeating wrath and supreme justice in mind which have high cost of opportunity.

How to fix Sword:

in Guardian

Skyline Crash.6254

the 9 hits are more relevent to activate passiv burn procs. which is an indirect dps boost ind some situations. same goes for torch #5. Mind you always having Permeating wrath and supreme justice in mind which have high cost of opportunity.

But what if you are a zerker sword guard? Then the justice isn’t worth anything and does 200 dmg every kittens. That’s nothing compared to the 3k crits you can get. I agree with the poster above, I don’t think the sword is meant to be a condi weapon because that would be like saying scepter is too.

How to fix Sword:

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

The skill is called “Sword Wave” is it not?
And we already have a wave attack in Staff 1 do we not?
Why not just have each projectile become it’s own small wave covering the same area as the projectiles?

Zealot’s Defense really just needs a smidgen faster projectile speed. However, if I had my actual wish for sword, ZD would become Symbol of Reflection. Projectile reflection from attacks outside the symbol boundary so that the ranged attack aspect isn’t lost. That way instead of yet another boon, the allied benefit would be the projectile defense while still providing all the other symboly things.

Fishsticks