How to stomp as a Medi guardian?

in Guardian

Posted by: SmallPox.3657

SmallPox.3657

been playing Medi guardian for a few days and I had abit of trouble when im trying to stomp ground enemies after a long fight which I had to use all my
Virtues (Leaving me with no blind or block during stomp animation).

what other ways can I stomp without changing one of my Utility skills to “Stand your Ground”?

heal block doesnt help cause it gets removed easily and Focus 5 seems like a wasted skill for stomping.

so if anyone can help or even link a video with ways that will realy be helpful.

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

If you think you need a secured stomp don’t waste your virtues? Also why shouldn’t it be worth it to stomp with focus 5 if you would win a fight with that?

Stomping usually isn’t neccesary as zerker guard anyways, guard gs has one of the best cleave on downed bodies you can have so usually you shouldn’t be the guy who’s stomping.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Exactly what Mr. Muffin said. Focus #5 isn’t a waste if you stomp the opponent. I’ve used Focus #5 numerous times for exactly that. Including grabbing Stillness on Temple of Silent Storm.

You should get used to using #5 as a utility, it can really save you and your team. Other than that, cleaving is the next best thing.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

If you’re using a Hammer then there is the single best, most epic, Guardian JI-Banish Stomp….

Most fun… ever.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

trait 6 in virtues and get both IX and X. Stability on F3 is the best investment you could possibly make.

You will have to adopt the defensive medi variant however

in Guardian

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

To stomp as a medi-guard, when the player is downed, get close and press “F” (or whatever you assigned the action butten to) when it says in red letters “Finish”. This will play an animation of your character stabbing the downed victim with a flag and play another animation based on your finisher selected.

:P

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

To stomp as a medi-guard, when the player is downed, get close and press “F” (or whatever you assigned the action butten to) when it says in red letters “Finish”. This will play an animation of your character stabbing the downed victim with a flag and play another animation based on your finisher selected.

Is this supposed to be funny?

in Guardian

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Is this supposed to be funny?

I found it amusing yes.

However, if seeking advice for a build that allows better protection when going for a stomp, it would be better to be more clear on what you are seeking, otherwise it does open the door for comments like this, which do answer the exact question proposed in the OP. (Just extremely literally)

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Here’s a copy and paste from a guide I wrote for my guild along time ago. Hopefully it has some useful tips…

Stomps without stability:

Finishing off opponents can be key to winning a battle in WvW or sPvP, especially since a single dead team mate can trigger a Rally for any number of downed opponents – so finishing them off as quickly as possible is very important.

Normally ready access to 0-cast time stability allows the guardian to be a master at securing stops. Unfortunately, in the middle of a hectic battle, the chances are these sources will be on cooldown ( or better saved for helping your team in actual combat ).

Fortunately we have some alternative tools that can help us secure stomps, such as Aegis ( Retreat, Virtue of Courage ) and Blind ( Virtue of Justice when traited ). The minor radiance traits of Justice is Blind and Renewed Justice are amongst the most potent traits in the Guardian skill tree, allowing for very effective blind uptime through the course of a fight ( provided your team isn’t getting completely steam-rolled )

Here are some tips against each class:

vs Guardian
Generally 1 blind or aegis is enough (poor guardians), but watch they don’t remove it with “Wrath” before using their Wave of Light knockback.

vs Thief
When they use Shadow Escape either reposition and re-stomp or use Judge’s Intervention while stomping to blink to their new location. If you don’t have JI then its usually quicker to DPS them down because after a few seconds they can use Smoke Bomb to put them into stealth. ( ie you’ll need 3 stomp attempts to kill them )

vs Mesmer
Either begin stomping, cancel and restart to fake out their use of Deception ( they swap places with a clone ) or teleport to their new location with JI ( the real mesmer will have the downed symbol above their head, you will need to be quick with target re-selection to be able to teleport in time ). Reserve aegis or blind incase they use Phantasm Rogue which can do alot of damage to you.

vs Warrior
You need save a blind or aegis to counter the interrupt from Hammer Toss. Watch out for Vengeance ( it’s usually better to just kite until it runs out ).

vs Engineer
1 blind/aegis should suffice although stomping them quickly is advisable.

vs Ranger
1 blind/aegis although some pets can be annoying so you might need to guard against them

vs Necro
1 blind against Fear

vs Elementalist
Try to immobalize before they go into Vapor Form or start your stomp just before and teleport with JI at the last moment.

Hammer users can take advantage of the banishing telestomp. If a downed enemy is being rezzed by multiple enemies, or you are in danger of being overun by foes rushing to their rescue, you can use Banish to punt the downed away from you ( this has the advantage that some of your foes may ignore you and move towards the downed to secure the rez ). If you hit “f” to start your stomp mid-way through the banish animation the stomp start even though they are flying away from you – in the final moments you can then use JI to relocate to their position to secure the kill.

Under heavy fire, and if all else fails you can combine Judge’s Intervetion with Merciful Intervention to blink away to a friendly ( hopefully out of AoE range ) at the start of the stomp animation and back to your target at the end ( but most likely you’ll have CD on them )

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyreal.5230

Tyreal.5230

Tarsius gave you the best answer and explanation.

Guild: guildless
Elementalist: Sheva Alamarr
Guardian: Stella Alamarr

in Guardian

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Throw Rock doesn’t interrupt. I wish it did so I could actually get to use Vengeance every now and then.

One – Piken Square

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

Throw Rock doesn’t interrupt. I wish it did so I could actually get to use Vengeance every now and then.

yeah not sure where he got that idea

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

yeah not sure where he got that idea

Fixed. Yup sorry – it was just part of a long guide, and I was somewhat braindead by the time I was finished – it was a pre-beta thing where it had a chance to daze ;-)

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)