How would you rate this?

How would you rate this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Darkedge.5064

Darkedge.5064

How would you rate the weapons and their usefullness of the guardian?
Rate it from 1-5!

Like Greatsword gets 4 Points out of 5 because ….. !
Or Sword / Torch gets 3 Point because ### !

Greetings!

How would you rate this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Adam Of Awesome.7802

Adam Of Awesome.7802

(best to worst IMO)

Damage:
(1) Sword
(2) scepter
(3) Hammer
(4)Greatsword
(5)torch
(6)Mace
(7)focus
(8)Staff
(9)shield

Support:
(1) Staff
(2) Hammer
(3) Mace
(4) Shield
others aren’t viable IMO

Bunker:
(1) Mace
(2) Shield
(3) Focus
(4) Hammer
(5) Staff
(6) Greatsword
(7) Scepter

(edited by Adam Of Awesome.7802)

How would you rate this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

Best in slot:
1. Staff
2. Hammer
3. Greatsword
4. Mace
5. Focus
6. Torch
7. Scepter
8. Sword
9. Shield

How would you rate this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Hmm… I’ll start off by saying I pretty much only WvW with a dash of SPvP thrown in, so keep that in mind.

Two hand:
Staff – 3/5. Very useful in WvW zerg combat for aoe damage/heals and line of warding. Generally less useful for other types of content.

Greatsword – 4/5. Solid AoE burst damage, mobility from skill 3, and skill 5 synergizes well with other skills on weapon. Not the best when it comes to sustain though.

Hammer – 4.5/5. Very high sustain damage, with auto attack chain doing a lot of damage and giving a symbol that adds protection. Blast finisher that hits very kitten low cooldown. Skill 3 for immob is great for PvP/WvW. Skill 4/5 synergize very well for PvP/WvW allowing you to really mess up your opponent. Only drawback being that it’s slow and harder to use than greatsword. Of course, Hammer on warrior hits harder, has more CC, and is quicker, but whatever.

Main Hand:

Sword – 3.5/5. Sword reach, with only one attack that can hit multiple targets (auto attack, which is affected heavily by short reach). But, auto has high sustain, it hits quick, skill 2 is a solid gap closer with some utility found in its blind, and skill 3 does pretty good semi-ranged damage with a cooldown that is too long.

Scepter – 3.5/5. The auto attack is clumsy, hard to use on moving targets, gets easily intercepted by things such as mesmer clones etc… Scepter skill 2 keeps it competitive. It does a lot of damage to targets that stand in it, making this pretty good for PvE (and on a low cooldown). Skill 3 synergizes well with skill 2, make it somewhat useful in PvP.

Mace – 4/5. This is probably the most underrated weapon for guards, IMO. It has HUGE burst capabilities, and can keeps its user and allies healed both by auto attack chain and by the symbol (which itself does good damage). The problem is, it suffers from what both the hammer suffers from and the sword suffers from. It has the short reach of the sword, and the slow hitting of the hammer. Your target needs to remain stationary for symbol to do damage, and close to you for auto to do damage. Skill 3 is absolutely amazing for burst damage when roaming, especially in conjunction with meditations. The biggest issue is, unlike hammer which has a good amount of control, this weapon has none, and no gap closers. This makes it harder to use than the hammer even.

Off Hand:

Focus – 4/5. Pretty uncontroversially the best offhand we’ve got. Skill 5 is amazing for defense and offense, being crucial in 1 hand burst builds and allowing you to negate a good deal of damage (especially from slower hitting weapons).

Shield – 3/5. It’s just meh. It can support well using skill 5 to block projectiles/heal and skill 4 to give protection, but overall it’s just very meh IMO.

Torch – 3/5. Again, just meh. I think it has some good synergy with scepter for 1v1’s. You immobilizes the target, use skill 2 where they are, pop skill 4, and pop skill 5, as well as maybe meditations if you want to add to your burst. That will do very solid damage. Overall, skill 5 isn’t as good damage for the cast time as the auto attack on many weapons, though it’s probably better than scepter for PvP because it’s so unreliable.

Just my opinions.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

How would you rate this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Jax.5261

Jax.5261

I rated them all from a tpvp point of view.
The categories were:

• Damage: How much damage a weapon can do
  • Control: How much control/anti-control a weapon can output
  • Accuracy: How well the weapon can land the hits (includes fake-outs)
  • Scaling: How well the weapon does at different attribute levels

edit: fixed %’s

Attachments:

(edited by Jax.5261)

How would you rate this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

Staff/Hammer are my favourite. I really like the Sword abilities, but the default attack animation is disgusting.

How would you rate this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Read this thread and it made me smile.

I year ago every one and his mother pretty much agreed on hammer being useless with poor damage.

It went so far that one of the “respected” theorycrafters on gw2guru.com stated that the hammer only did 50% of the damage that GS did, and a bunch of people tagged along.

Personally i claimed it was a l2p issue and people mixed up that the weapons being weak with either being weak at playing it and/or didn’t like it.

As one of the first to openly proclaim the awesomeness of the hammer, and also used it in offensive setup in tpvp since launch, it warms my heart that the hammer ends up as a top scorer in this thread.

Here is my list:
1. Hammer, it can do both offense and defense and also great burst with a proper setup. Add in control to that and that it doesn’t rely on cd:s and its a nobrainer really, its just a l2p issue. The bad is that its just so boring in pve than one could really do it while sleeping.
2. Staff. 12 stacks of might and with boon duration we are talking 12 stacks 24/7 and ofc its the best heal we got. Bad thing it serves no real purpose besides might stacks in pve. Burst capability is very underrated, its really strong for bursting
3. Sword/scepter. Great for raw dps and made to swap and exploit swap sigils to the fullest.
4. Focus/GS. Nice dps tools and both offer some nice defense as well. Both can be in burst setups.
5. Mace, the burst is just awesome, the rest is kind of boring and sluggish.
6. Shield to situational for my taste and its the cool downs that makes it situational. Reduce cd with 50% and this weapon is good to go.
7. Torch only good for bursting really, its a mediocre weapon in almost all aspects of the game.

I rated them all from a tpvp point of view.
The categories were:

• Damage: How much damage a weapon can do
  • Control: How much control/anti-control a weapon can output
  • Accuracy: How well the weapon can land the hits (includes fake-outs)
  • Scaling: How well the weapon does at different attribute levels

edit: fixed %’s

Excellent compilation Jax, i would translate it to wvw as well.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

How would you rate this?

in Guardian

Posted by: Darkedge.5064

Darkedge.5064

Interresting that so many rate the Greatsword so low. Currently i am using GS, Hammer and Staff all the same and i dont see why GS would be not so good like Hammer.

I also currently thinking about why no one really uses the Torch. I would like to see more Torches.

How would you rate this?

in Guardian

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Overall for me (running triple meditation with zerker gear) it would be:

GreatSword 5/5 best we have, every skill is useful (to me)

Focus 4.5/5 best off-hand, combines defense and offense, gives you blocks, heals, removes conditions, the whole package

Sword 4/5 DPS choice would be 5 if #3 wasn’t rooted

Hammer 4/5 Most versatile, great for CC thou lack of DPS makes it a 4

Staff 3/5 (haven’t used it since I got runes of the Traveler) Nice for WvW tagging and AH builds. Disposable if you’re running with Traveler runes (again, this is my experience)

Shield 2.5/5 Anet change that #4 skill, it just blows (literrally)

Mace 2/5 I know lot of people like it, but I don’t. Guess it can be great for a healway build.

Torch 1.5/5 cooldowns take too long, low dps, slow skill activation. It gets 1.5 because, if wielded correctly, it can make you look like Indiana Jones.