I don't understand Whirling Wrath

in Guardian

Posted by: Blacksarevok.8104

Blacksarevok.8104

So I read this:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirling_Wrath

WW is broken down into two damage parts: 7 “whirl” hits and 7 “projectile” hits

Now from what I do understand, the projectiles are somewhat RNG and are not guaranteed to all hit vs normal/small hit boxes.

What I don’t get is the damage via the “whirl” attacks. When I check my combat logs, it seems most of the time that I use WW vs normal/small hitboxes, only 5ish of the Whirl attacks are actually hitting, let alone the projectile attacks. Are the Whirl attacks supposed to be RNG as well? The wiki more-or-less implies that you should be getting 7 whirl hits consistently assuming you within the 130 radius.

Disclaimer: Yes, I am standing inside of the enemies hitbox

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The glitch as been around since, forever… unfortunately.

Humans – Their animation will land the full 14 hits according to battle logs.
Norns & Charr – They will only land 12 hits, with the main Sword actually missing hits. The damage loss is actually quite substantial between Humans and these two classes.

Haven’t tested other classes.

This animation bug has been submitted before but like most bugs in the game, Anet chooses not to fix it.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Try landing WW in today’s meta. Good luck.

in Guardian

Blacksarevok.8104

Norns & Charr – They will only land 12 hits, with the main Sword actually missing hits. The damage loss is actually quite substantial between Humans and these two classes.

This animation bug has been submitted before but like most bugs in the game, Anet chooses not to fix it.

ugh, figures, im playing a Norn

Time to reroll I guess, good thing I didn’t get to 80 yet

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Have you tried standing inside of your target? If you do, it shouldn’t matter which direction the projectile is launched, so all 7 projectile hits should successfully land.

Otherwise refer to what Saiyan said. It’s baffling that they have not fixed this bug…

in Guardian

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

There’s also a bug with the trait that gives 13% toughness to ferocity. It actually only gives 7%. It’s listed on the wiki even and yet it’s not been fixed. So I doubt they’ll ever touch ww again until they realize that the guard class is destroyed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

There’s also a bug with the trait that gives 13% toughness to ferocity. It actually only gives 7%. It’s listed on the wiki even and yet it’s not been fixed. So I doubt they’ll ever touch ww again until they realize that the guard class is destroyed.

I think this might be a tooltip error, and it is only meant to give 7%. That would be more consistent to other classes.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

in Guardian

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

It´s a stupid glitch. I have over 1500hours played on my Norn guard, so i will never reroll, but it mades me sad.
4 years soon, and some releasebug/glitches are not fixed.

in Guardian

Blacksarevok.8104

ugh, figures, im playing a Norn

Time to reroll I guess, good thing I didn’t get to 80 yet

So I made a Human Guardian today and did some testing out in Queensdale, and now I’m even more confused than I was before.

- I was running into the exact same issue as I was with my Norn; against normal size and smaller targets, I was still getting less than 7 melee strikes most of the time (usually 5).
- At one time, I managed to land 15 hits on a river drake with one WW (including TEN melee hits. WTF?)

I feel like the devs must have messed with this ability since it was last tested in depth by the community, because what I’m experiencing in game doesn’t seem to lining up with the information I’ve been finding online.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I think this might be a tooltip error, and it is only meant to give 7%. That would be more consistent to other classes.

Not considering its a GM trait. At the GM level 13% is the norm

Fishsticks