I don't want the short end of the stick :(

in Guardian

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

I don’t really like hopping onto forums and raging about various buffs, nerfs, or changes. But I can’t help but feel like with Dragon Hunter we’re getting the short end of the stick and that makes me sad

I’m not even annoyed or angry. I’m just really sad about it all. I’m like the kid who saw little Johnny get an oreo cookie ice cream cone and I’m like “W-wait, why can’t I have one too?”

And then Dad looks down to me and says “You’re fine with what you have son” and I’m holding a poop flavored ice cream cone

“Noooooo, this isn’t what I wanted Dad…”

“You said you wanted ice cream son… So I got you ice cream…”

Like, you’re giving us what we wanted.. But only half-way.

in Guardian

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

roll necro youll be fine

in Guardian

Posted by: Oldirtbeard.9834

Oldirtbeard.9834

roll necro youll be fine

What he said, I’m leveling a Necro right now with plans to go Soldiers or Knights with my Reaper to give my self an old fashioned Death Knight.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Like, you’re giving us what we wanted.. But only half-way.

I don’t think any guardians wanted to be ranger wannabes. I would imagine they wanted a ranged option that was uniquely guardian-like.

in Guardian

Abe Kleine.3568

roll necro youll be fine

What he said, I’m leveling a Necro right now with plans to go Soldiers or Knights with my Reaper to give my self an old fashioned Death Knight.

I already have a lvl 80 necro… But guardian was my 1st and favorite, why do we get poop ice cream.?…..

in Guardian

Oldirtbeard.9834

I can think of two girls with one cup that enjoy the flavor that Dragon Hunter provides just fine.

in Guardian

Abe Kleine.3568

I can think of two girls with one cup that enjoy the flavor that Dragon Hunter provides just fine.

Christ man this isn’t like 2005 :P

in Guardian

Posted by: Delgotta.3817

Delgotta.3817

dude, this was epic sprinkles on a poop flavored icecream flavored thread.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nemesis.6938

Nemesis.6938

roll necro youll be fine

look into valkyre – it works really well with life force and the crit enhancing traits

now i just have to find a light armor that looks like an armored knight…hmmm

in Guardian

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

roll necro youll be fine

Indeed DH purpose is to make the numerous Guardians to reroll.
This artificially produces content.

Same story should also happen sooner or later to warriors (most played class)

(edited by Kicast.1459)

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Poop-flavored ice cream.

That’s the most fitting metaphor to the Dragonhunter I’ve seen yet.

in Guardian

Abe Kleine.3568

Poop-flavored ice cream.

That’s the most fitting metaphor to the Dragonhunter I’ve seen yet.

Right? Like… It’s ice cream… But just because it is, doesn’t mean we should be getting THAT kind of ice cream

in Guardian

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

roll necro youll be fine

you know, I dont think this is true (I know numbers say it is, but hear me out).

I think Ele is played more than Warrior for the most part. I feel a lot of people start with Warrior and thats why theres been so many, but this past year, I def think Ele has taken the number one spot. I also think Necro and Ranger are more popular than Warrior and Ele, but due to how low they have ranked in the PVE scene for so long, they have dust on them. I fully expect necro to be the most popular, or top 3, after HoT drops. If you play WVW and PVP and never touch PVE you would never know necro is unpopular

in Guardian

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

roll necro youll be fine

you know, I dont think this is true (I know numbers say it is, but hear me out).

I think Ele is played more than Warrior for the most part. I feel a lot of people start with Warrior and thats why theres been so many, but this past year, I def think Ele has taken the number one spot. I also think Necro and Ranger are more popular than Warrior and Ele, but due to how low they have ranked in the PVE scene for so long, they have dust on them. I fully expect necro to be the most popular, or top 3, after HoT drops. If you play WVW and PVP and never touch PVE you would never know necro is unpopular

Back in May you wouldn’t have known that necro was even in the game any more! =P

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuurde.5837

Kuurde.5837

On a serious note: what’s so bad about the Dragon Hunter? I’m a returning player and haven’t caught up yet with all the new specializations.

in Guardian

Posted by: Noctis.3426

Noctis.3426

On a serious note: what’s so bad about the Dragon Hunter? I’m a returning player and haven’t caught up yet with all the new specializations.

A couple of trait (the main problem is the synergy with core spec and minors which they can be fix very easily), LB1 (you can perma crippled with Scepter or sword easily with Supreme Justice and Zealot’s Aggression in theory but with the longbow you cant do the same, it feel weak and unreliable) and LB5 (the cage is super easy to avoid), Trap (some traps need love) and the new virtues are fine

Pd: Sorry for my English

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

roll necro youll be fine

i’m lvling a necro atm too. even tho i had no interest in one until i saw dh and then reaper.

still debating whether i will get reaper or dh first because even tho dh is not great… i tink i will always be a guardian main, but that reaper is giong to be fun

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

People are extremely unhappy with it. Everything from the gimmicky theme to the lack of synergy with the base class to the awful traits to the fact that we’re getting the worst utility skill set in the game has people upset, and for good reason if you ask me.

in Guardian

Posted by: LadyHawk.5319

LadyHawk.5319

Guardian’s role seems to be just dps now, just warroir with heals and with the increase of cd on Feel My Wrath Anet doesnt even want that to be a strong role. Sure, we have heals, condi removals, reflects but other classes have as many or more in some cases now. Guardian is more of a jack-of-all-trade’s, master-of-none class. If that’s your thing, great. Tho no class is “needed” in GWs, as that is the company tag line, Guardians have always been appreciated as a member of the group. I question that in the future now looking at all the other classes. Even in raids I question their role, their necessity. I mourn for my guardian, even tho she is the slowest moving char in the game. It seems that Anet regrets introducing the class in the first place. One should not have to play one spec (‘burn guard’) in order to be a viable member of a group. But while Anet campaigning the new creations, guardians are getting castrated.

in Guardian

Oldirtbeard.9834

The new teaser pic for the Dragon Hunter

Attachments: