in Guardian

Posted by: Chistorm.5196

Chistorm.5196

Are disliking Firebrand.

Like it has amazing support.

Tome of Resolve:

Skill 5: Eternal Oasis
Convert 3 Conditions into boons and improve healing by 33% effectively

Amazing skill great for burst healing and combing skill 4: Shining Rivier which heals, places a water field for combo finishing, and is a 360 aoe range.

Skill 1: Desert Blossom: a spam heal that is a frontal heal which heals up to 5 people and as well as combining skill 5: Eternal Oasis to increase healing.

Skill 2: Radiant Recovery: Cleanse 2 conditions and Heal them at the same time, 240 aoe range. great heal, can be combine with Skill 5: eternal Oasis.

The condition cleanses is so amazing for just Resolve tome alone. Healing grant while having outgoing healing with food, runes, sigils, combined can be so amazing in this combo for this.

Tome of Courage:

Skill 5: Unbroken lines: 300 toughness, protection, retal, and one stack-stability to all your allies and yourself! aoe: 600 range SO AMAZING! so basically people will be much tougher to die, while not being able to be cc for 5 seconds uptime.

Skill 4: Stalwart stand: a massive 360 pulsing 1 stack of resistance uptime for 4 seconds. DID I MENTION IT BREAK STUN? win. it’s also a light field for combing for light aura or condi removal.

Skill 3: Valiant Bulwark: a bubble shield that REFLECTS for 5 seconds! 900 range: 240 aoe. that is a win compare to wall of reflection with a much shorter cooldown. AMAZING.

Skill 1: Unflinching Charge: basically a 600 range spam of 1 stack of stab and swift! so nice! Front aoe.

Mantras

Mantra Heal: Mantra of Solace : gain aegis to self and allies! so nice when combine with pure of heart healing! front 300 aoe.

Mantra of Lore: Cleansing 2 conditions on self and allies in front 300 range. 6 condition removals with the final converting the last two to boons! win!

Mantra of Liberation: Grant stability to self and allies. break stuns each one and final one give 3 stacks of stability. front 300 aoe.

All while being able to stay in each tome unlimited time.

I do wish mantras were aoe and not frontal. if anything they should push 600 range if frontal. lastly, with all the quickness uptime the mantra casts are hardly noticeable for fighting with a group comp, especially with the mantra recovery now being a thing.

If people dont know, Mantra recovery basically means if you dont use your final mantra skill it will recovery the last two you cast again over a period of time depending on if you trait for lower mantra recovery or not.

Overall, I do like where firebrand is going and yes, I play support guard and this trait line set up is really nice for support and some decent heal up time for allies and yourself. I havent mess around with the damage part of it.

I dont understand how people....

in Guardian

Posted by: Alteran.9510

Alteran.9510

The main problem with mantras is that you won’t hit any friend of your party.
The enemy is in front of you but all your allies stand next or behind you. So how do you want to give them aegis, stability, condition cleanse, quickness,…?

They don’t need more range, they need to be a 360 AoE.

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

FB overall melts way too quick when focused by two players. FB shines in team fights if you’re not getting focused but right now with the lackluster abilities, long cast time and cool downs on the abilities, you’re more of a liability.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

When I tried to get healing mantra and condi convert mantra on my teammate I had to chase him because he was out of range and almost dead with conditions. He died because I couldn’t get to him in time/was out of range. Great support capabilities /sarcasm

The healing in its current state is out-bursted by most of the classes. You won’t heal out anyone with that. It looks good on paper but in practice it is already dead. With courage you will get killed quickly all that because you are in melee range. Why? Let’s say you change from F2 to F3, you get tons of condi to the face and use up all your conver mantra. What else you got? Nothing, F2 on cooldown and F3 only farts stability and 4 seconds of resistance. Oh wait, resistance! Holosmith to the rescue with 14k holo leap crits! No barriers and protection damage reduction is a joke if we look at how much power damage others do. Firebrand’s issue is the fact that it has to be in melee range without any ability to disengage to safety, or do something relevant that will stop the damage (like barriers).

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Then they would be nerfed into the ground and shouts would be useless.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arctic.7691

Arctic.7691

Sure all ideas are cool on paper but to say if a spec is good or not you have to consider if they can have a viable (compete with 1st meta choice and be used as effectively as its contender )place in Raid, PvP and WvWvW not open world (everything’s good in open world so xD) and right now it just don’t have a place especially in raids where you have other classes that do things 1st way way better 2nd easier….ofc on paper it looks gorgeous but for the practical application it’s just clunky and mediocre and it’s just disappointing.

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Then they would be nerfed into the ground and shouts would be useless.

Shouts are mostly useless anyway.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodclot.4896

Bloodclot.4896

Its not that there won’t be good builds, its a simple case of completely changing the play style of every guard/dh. After playing for admittedly a very short time, I started wondering what was the point of weapon skills altogether. I can see gs becoming obsolete with fb as well as shouts/ meditations and certain traits. So basicaly you are being forced to play a certain way. None of this really matters all that much as long as other builds DON’T become obsolete, if the only call you hear in tier4/raids is for fb like we already saw with the last specializations due to op fire dmg / support niche. If that does happen it could very well be game over for me because I already know I don’t like the play style.

in Guardian

Chistorm.5196

Like i said, Mantra either need to be 600 range or 360 AoE range which is a decent frontal and will match up to shouts and other abilities.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Its support can be the best in the game, it doesn’t matter if you have no range, mobility, or proper defense, because you’ll just get focused and die before you can do anything. Caster support does not function in melee range and it never will.

in Guardian

Chistorm.5196

Caster support? i mean the amount of stability, heals, and quickness uptime a guard has is great. and the cast time are so little that you dont even get interrupted. mantras arent even that slow on quickness

in Guardian

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

Support is all well and good, but it also needs to do well solo, and there doesn’t seem to be anything great for solo.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

FB overall melts way too quick when focused by two players. FB shines in team fights if you’re not getting focused but right now with the lackluster abilities, long cast time and cool downs on the abilities, you’re more of a liability.

Hum, sounds like how the game should work in the first place, especially since it’s not a tank/sustain spec.

Mantras and tomes are too team-focused, though it is the concept of the espec in the first place, so I guess it does what is intended.

in Guardian

Posted by: jief.2509

jief.2509

The enemy is in front of you but all your allies stand next or behind you. So how do you want to give them aegis, stability, condition cleanse, quickness,…?

Turn your character and get as many as you can? I see a lot of people bringing this up and there are other games that have this mechanic and this is what you do, back up a little and turn then go back to dps.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alteran.9510

Alteran.9510

Turn your character and get as many as you can? I see a lot of people bringing this up and there are other games that have this mechanic and this is what you do, back up a little and turn then go back to dps.

Of course you can do that. Chasing your teammates without having a single bit of speed. Someting guards lacks since 2012.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Of course you can do that. Chasing your teammates without having a single bit of speed. Someting guards lacks since 2012.

But but…traveler runes… haha this should rename into Guardian runes.

in Guardian

CptAurellian.9537

This doesn’t work in a highly mobile environment like PvP, while it will gut your personal dps in PvE when you have to do it every few seconds. Unfortunately, a PvE support firebrand needs to do substantial damage to justify bringing it over a chrono.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I don’t want to dumb down the skill-cap of Firebrand because people can’t position themselves correctly. The cone effect is fine as long as it works.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Is it high skill high reward though?
I mean, other professions have “lower” skill cap and better effects.

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

I don’t want to dumb down the skill-cap of Firebrand because people can’t position themselves correctly. The cone effect is fine as long as it works.

Playing with hitboxes is not skillful. It’s like old seaweed salad, a clunky mechanic.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Sure, backtrack every 12 seconds to hit people with your mantras. What’s the point of mantras being insta-cast then if you have to break your rotation to cast them?

in Guardian

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Not to mention we’d be the only class kitten in such fashion.
I don’t mind a good skill curve but everyone else is going downslope. And I suspect the cone is so they don’t resemble shouts… Which they do otherwise.

(edited by LetoII.3782)

in Guardian

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

I’m also not sold on the tomes at all.

Imagine engineer kits, but they have a channel time to equip, limited skill uses once equipped, and then a cooldown once swapped out. They’d have to be INCREDIBLY strong to be worth using with that many restrictions, and even then it’d be terribly annoying. And the guardian tomes aren’t really all that strong.

The abilities are short ranged, have cast times and many of them have pretty unimpressive effects. Each tome is also highly specialized, so you’re very limited in what you can do. Pop open your Tome of Courage? Great, as long as you want stability and resistance but NOTHING else for the next few seconds. You can’t even autoattack. And if you stow the tome without reading all the pages it still goes on cooldown for over a minute.

There’s undeniably a lot of power in the tomes, but they’re just so clumsy to use. I don’t think I’ll enjoy playing the firebrand as much as the normal guardian, no matter how powerful it is.

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

(edited by Stice.5204)

in Guardian

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Like it has amazing support.

Not is isn’t. It’s very bad at support. Druid and tempest do a much better job at support, both in PvE and PvP. Heck, even dragonhunter as it stands now is better at support.

Tome of Resolve:

Skill 5: Eternal Oasis
Convert 3 Conditions into boons and improve healing by 33% effectively

Doesn’t mean much if the boons are just going to be ripped by spellbreakers and since the base healing of the Tome of Resolve skills is rather bad as well the 33% healing buff doesn’t mean a whole lot either. We basically have to open a tome (which has a cast time), then use Eternal Oasis (which also has a cast time) just so we can be on par with druids and tempests, and only for 5 or 8 casts because after that our tome will go POOF and be on an extremely long cooldown, while druids and tempests can access their fancy heals immediately without jumping through hoops and without being restricted by long cooldowns.

Skill 1: Desert Blossom: a spam heal that is a frontal heal which heals up to 5 people and as well as combining skill 5: Eternal Oasis to increase healing.

Except it won’t ever hit anyone or anything but yourself, the stupid cone and range is just too restrictive.

Skill 2: Radiant Recovery: Cleanse 2 conditions and Heal them at the same time, 240 aoe range. great heal, can be combine with Skill 5: eternal Oasis.

Also won’t hit anyone unless they’re stacked on top of you. You also forget to mention the 1 second activation time, which makes it useless in PvP in melee range.

The condition cleanses is so amazing for just Resolve tome alone. Healing grant while having outgoing healing with food, runes, sigils, combined can be so amazing in this combo for this.

Not that amazing, a druid can do it better, without being hampered by long activation times, without a ‘pages’ mechanic that only allows you to use 5 or 8 skills and without a 45 or 38 seconds cooldown.

Tome of Courage:

Skill 5: Unbroken lines: 300 toughness, protection, retal, and one stack-stability to all your allies and yourself! aoe: 600 range SO AMAZING! so basically people will be much tougher to die, while not being able to be cc for 5 seconds uptime.

Except that’s not how it works. That’s not how stability has been working for a longgggg time. Stability is now applied in stacks. Each CC removes a stack of ability. Unbroken lines only gives 1 stack of stability for only 5 seconds. That means that 1 simple CC skill will remove the stability. After that, all other CC skills will function as normal.

Skill 4: Stalwart stand: a massive 360 pulsing 1 stack of resistance uptime for 4 seconds. DID I MENTION IT BREAK STUN? win. it’s also a light field for combing for light aura or condi removal.

Again, the range is too restrictive, and the light field will only be a burden in PvE.

Skill 3: Valiant Bulwark: a bubble shield that REFLECTS for 5 seconds! 900 range: 240 aoe. that is a win compare to wall of reflection with a much shorter cooldown. AMAZING.

Would have been amazing if it didn’t have a 3/4 second activation time… In PvP, 3/4 seconds is enough to get you killed if a ranger or deadeye pewpews you with their ranged burst. By the time your reflection dome is up they’ll already be done pewpewing you. Even worse if they start pewpewing you and you’re not even inside your Tome of Courage yet. And since you can’t just immediately swap in- and out of tomes because of the stupid activation times… yeah, you see the problem I hope.

Skill 1: Unflinching Charge: basically a 600 range spam of 1 stack of stab and swift! so nice! Front aoe.

This skill is indeed nice, but not really useful in combat. It is however great to stack swiftness on your team at the start of a match or to move quickly between points in PvP.

Mantras

Not even going to bother repeating why the mantras are horribly laughably bad. It has been said dozens of times on this sub-forum. But in short; their extremely limited cones and extremely short range make them unusable.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alchimist.4738

Alchimist.4738

The Firebrand is nice on paper, but awful to play. It’s simple, you want to play as a support in PvP go Tempest healer or Druid healer, because both can reliably heal with smaller cooldown overall on major healing and have larger AoEs. The Firebrand suffers the same fate as Ventari in PvP, your allies keep moving everywhere while fighting, as they should, which means you can’t effectively use your support abilities as they have cone effects.

The tomes are a nightmare to use because the cast time means you can be interrupted before doing anything useful, it also means you can’t reliably panic heal/cleanse, and the fact that after using your tomes they go into a huge cooldown also means you won’t have most of your support abilities (the major ones at least) before 40 to 60 secs. There is also the issue of having the same cooldown on tomes activation no matter the number of pages you used, if I use 2 pages why should I have the same cooldown as using 5 pages, in a similar way why the first skills cost the same amount of pages as the last skills, clearly more powerful, it doesn’t make any sense, and totally cripples support capabilities, as you’re better off waiting for the most powerful to be available again, which means you’re waiting doing nothing because you can’t swap to your weapons while waiting without the tomes going into cooldown, unlike engineer’s kit, it’s awful.

The Firebrand would reach a somehow useful state if we had healing + concentration stats in PvP. Also worth considering the staff is not a good weapon, even worse with the auto-attack nerf, but it’s one you’ll need nonetheless to play support.

In PvE the support Firebrand doesn’t have a better fate, Druid is clearly better as it has access to heals every 10 secs compared to the 40/45 secs of the Tome of Resolve, as for quickness sharing the Chronomancer is still better and also brings alacrity to the party, even a condition build seems doom as Firebrand can’t reliably keep a high number of burning stacks, and it’s pretty much the only condition Guardian have access to, so cPS, cRanger, and cEngineer are better choices.

What the Firebrand needs is no activation cast time for tomes, pages working similarly to initiative and tome skills similarly to thief weapon skills, in return having no cooldown for tomes, or a small cooldown similar to attunement, and eventually nerfing some skills to balance the changes, just to make the gameplay smother and less of a pain. Supportive mantras, 4 out of 6 mantras are oriented towards support btw, should have AoEs, with at least a 240 range, and I’m fine with offensive mantras having cone effects as you can always CCs your foes. Traits-wise don’t force me to take Virtues to make tomes viable, I’d rather run Honor/Radiance or Honor/Valor.

(edited by Alchimist.4738)

in Guardian

Chistorm.5196

You’re comparing healing support to actually boon/ heal support. The number one thing that a Druid and a ele lack is what? stability. It nice that we have more access to more healing then just boon support. You also forget that 33 percent plus two sigil giving addition 20% plus another 10% from food and another 10%+ healing outing from utility. That 33% is also effective healing so not only going to help you but also your allies heals as well and it’s duration matches the cd so it can be 100% uptime. And yes 8 pages seem short but it’s actually a decent amount to use in WvW. I’ve play support guard since 2012 and I must say this is awesome to actually have tomes back. druid and tempest would never survive in WvW without a guardian spamming stabilty on them. And just because you have all to heals in the world, if you don’t have the cleanses to get rid of poison it’s not going to matter how much you heal. Firebrand now have access to a lot of quickness which makes the small casts very close to instant, we now have a a lot of cleanses then just a virtue of resolve for 3 and 3-5 on shouts or 8 with trooper. If you can’t stack together on group comp pushes then you need to fix you team in WvW. We now have a water field blast combo fields and another light field with access to resistence. I could easily use save yourself pull conditions and with the light field/resistance pulse and remove condition all while cleansing them in less then 1-2 seconds tops. Yes boons will be rip from a spell breaker but I’m not stupid enough to sit in a massive bubble that spell breakers use. It’s easily evadeable and most people don’t even focus support guards in WvW. The tomes are also bug on timers when spec for courage break stun and stab. Mantras are the real need of 600 range on use to match shield 4 ability that proc protection/ aegis, shouts, shout heals, virtue procs, and staff heal. 300 range front is super short for that type of skill. Also the Druid heals are literally guardians two tomes combine back in the day when we had them as elites except that let us keep the one skill that gave 100% heal to all to 5 target and make it into a signet of courage elite. So tomes are nice to have and the fact that it’s not on 30 second duration is amazing. You can sit in one tome forever until you use or swap

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

You also forget that 33 percent plus two sigil giving addition 20% plus another 10% from food and another 10%+ healing outing from utility. That 33% is also effective healing so not only going to help you but also your allies heals as well and it’s duration matches the cd so it can be 100% uptime.

Everyone has access to these runes, food and utilities, so why mention them at all? And it’s not 100% uptime when the tome itself has 45s cooldown.

Firebrand has pathetically low healing, it’s not up for debate. Dragonhunter has better healing, and between Indomitable Courage and Stand Your Ground, we have more than enough stability already.

So tomes are nice to have and the fact that it’s not on 30 second duration is amazing. You can sit in one tome forever until you use or swap

Sit in the tome and do what, enjoy the visuals? You get 5 pages either way.

I would rather have a limited duration and unlimited casts.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

in Guardian

Chistorm.5196

You also forget that 33 percent plus two sigil giving addition 20% plus another 10% from food and another 10%+ healing outing from utility. That 33% is also effective healing so not only going to help you but also your allies heals as well and it’s duration matches the cd so it can be 100% uptime.

Everyone has access to these runes, food and utilities, so why mention them at all? And it’s not 100% uptime when the tome itself has 45s cooldown.

Firebrand has pathetically low healing, it’s not up for debate. Dragonhunter has better healing, and between Indomitable Courage and Stand Your Ground, we have more than enough stability already.

So tomes are nice to have and the fact that it’s not on 30 second duration is amazing. You can sit in one tome forever until you use or swap

Another person who don’t realize it not just about HEALING but both support and condition cleansing. One why would anyone run DH oh for a wing of resolve heal that it? Core guard is great and firebrand can finally replace valor with honor and virtues as the two set traits. I don’t care for how much the more DH heals, it can’t match up to firebrand condition cleanses and oh did you forget you get 8 pages when traited? People need to learn to how to use classes then to look on meta battle for set builds. I ran core core for WvW and I would never run DH for a support/boon when AI heal and recharge on res and extra toughness for me and allies

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Another person who don’t realize it not just about HEALING but both support and condition cleansing. One why would anyone run DH oh for a wing of resolve heal that it? Core guard is great and firebrand can finally replace valor with honor and virtues as the two set traits. I don’t care for how much the more DH heals, it can’t match up to firebrand condition cleanses and oh did you forget you get 8 pages when traited? People need to learn to how to use classes then to look on meta battle for set builds. I ran core core for WvW and I would never run DH for a support/boon when AI heal and recharge on res and extra toughness for me and allies

You realise Wings of Resolve cleanses 2 conditions? And you can use it twice as often. Which also means you can use Absolute Resolution twice as often.

Condition cleansing is only useful support in pvp and wvw. And guardian never had a problem with conditions.

So yes, the tome should be about healing, because that’s what guardian needs.

As for the 8 pages, you have to choose between the extra page trait and the quickness trait, you know, the only real support Firebrand has. So, I did not forget about them.

in Guardian

Chistorm.5196

You realise Wings of Resolve cleanses 2 conditions? And you can use it twice as often. Which also means you can use Absolute Resolution twice as often.

Condition cleansing is only useful support in pvp and wvw. And guardian never had a problem with conditions.

So yes, the tome should be about healing, because that’s what guardian needs.

You do realize im talking all about WvW, and I know about the 2 condition removal on Wings of Resolve but it is a self cleanse not a aoe ally cleanse, traited you get 3 aoe cleanse with 2 self cleanse so its 3 to allies 5 to yourself. I dont need one massive burst heal, that can easily be negated by posion. Cleansing and Condition removal together is better then two burst heals. That is what I focus on and firebrand will bring that together providing me the addition heals and cleansing that DH doesnt have nor does core guard have.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

If you look this strictly from a wvw perspective, don’t wonder why people complain, there’s a world outside of being a stab bot.

in Guardian

Chistorm.5196

If you look this strictly from a wvw perspective, don’t wonder why people complain, there’s a world outside of being a stab bot.

Lmao, Yeah, not just a stab bot, support = boons + heals + condition removal= keep the damage alive long enough to kill the enemy. Im sorry i dont want to fight a npc all day rather go kill people as a group and fight outnumber.

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Lmao, Yeah, not just a stab bot, support = boons + heals + condition removal= keep the damage alive long enough to kill the enemy. Im sorry i dont want to fight a npc all day rather go kill people as a group and fight outnumber.

Base Guard still does that better, instant cast virtues removing condis and instantly breaking stun and granting stab is a whole hell of a lot better than waiting forever to cast to do those. 1s is a ton of time to die in WvW, and if you get downed while the tome is out but before you get to cast anything you lose the cooldown.

in Guardian

Chistorm.5196

Base guard is still great, indom trait for giving stab on virtue is bug for firebrand, the virtue cleanse still work with tomes so that a good thing. base guard is great since you have more self sustain. you do get quickness so that small cast times are not very noticeable. ive already tested firebrand in a well comp group and it does good. they need to fix the reflect bubble as it absorbs allies attacks as well. some people just dont like change, and honestly i feel this build would be great for support.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Must be nice getting carried.

in Guardian

Chistorm.5196

Carried? Last time i check if i wasnt keeping the group alive there wouldnt be proper comp. That like saying hey guys let do a raid with no healers and see how that goes because we dont want to “carry them.” when in turn if you didnt have them you would all die in 10 seconds flat. get real dude. people play support and people play damage. dont come bashing me because you cant accept change for new builds. stay playing your meta battle builds and ill go theory craft and make way better one.

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Carried? Last time i check if i wasnt keeping the group alive there wouldnt be proper comp. That like saying hey guys let do a raid with no healers and see how that goes because we dont want to “carry them.” when in turn if you didnt have them you would all die in 10 seconds flat. get real dude. people play support and people play damage. dont come bashing me because you cant accept change for new builds. stay playing your meta battle builds and ill go theory craft and make way better one.

In raids, if you don’t pull your weight, you are out. So, yes, you don’t put “healers” in your party, because they lower the dps, you use druid (and not even healer druid). So, yes, people play support, when they are to the benefit of the team.

In wvw, with no party caps, you can feel free to be there, pretending you are there for more than sharing stab.

in Guardian

Chistorm.5196

In raids, if you don’t pull your weight, you are out. So, yes, you don’t put “healers” in your party, because they lower the dps, you use druid (and not even healer druid). So, yes, people play support, when they are to the benefit of the team.

In wvw, with no party caps, you can feel free to be there, pretending you are there for more than sharing stab.

Yeah, cause boon share + condition removal + some heals isnt called support. I dont need to pretend im doing something in wvw cause the more kills our group gets, the more it benefits wvw score which in turn benefit your PVE world. So yes im benefiting more then you going into a raid to kill a boss. thanks

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Yeah, cause boon share + condition removal + some heals isnt called support.

And you don’t need firebrand to do that. Base guardian is better at it. You might as well camp torch if you have such a hard-on for condi removal.

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

You realize that i have 1000 healing power and i heal for 300 hp more than base heal.
That heal wont save anyone nor me.

in Guardian

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

Not to mention a druid does a better job at both healing and condi removal, in all 3 game modes, while also being more survivable than the firebrand.

Not to mention the bulk of healing in WvW comes from blasting water fields.

As it stands now, the firebrand is just a weaker, slower and more clunky version of the druid.

in Guardian

Chistorm.5196

base guard is great for sustain rabbit. at this point your views of trolling will only make you look stupid man. Yeah wings is easily interruptable too, takes 1 second to cast and can go on full cd if interrupted. at this point

Base guard = Better self sustain
Firebrand = More condition removal and more support to group through more heals.
DH guard = you think DH is better then Valor? please uninstall.
Honor+Valor+ Virtues or Honor+ Virtue+Firebrand. best support to the use for heals.

in Guardian

Chistorm.5196

druid condi removal require you to wait for seeds to pop on the ground, yes the light field is nice but on move those seeds can get easily left behind, druid also doesnt give stability to your allies and 10 stacks of stab to self isnt going to keep the team going especially with the amount rips people have. druid would be push and pull like a pinball.

(edited by Chistorm.5196)

in Guardian

Chistorm.5196

Firebrand also has a water field with increasing everyone’s effective healing by 33% not just their own.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

The self sustain in FB in a proper group is very undeestimated, it is better then a medi build tbh. an Valor/virtues FB dont have to be carried at all and has serious condiburst as well.

With that said it needs some improvements to casting times etc. Support mantras might be bugged in beta but they all have 360 aoe.

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

The self sustain in FB in a proper group is very undeestimated, it is better then a medi build tbh. an Valor/virtues FB dont have to be carried at all and has serious condiburst as well.

With that said it needs some improvements to casting times etc. Support mantras might be bugged in beta but they all have 360 aoe.

No, they said in stream, mantras are all come oriented and some tome skills are cone too. Self sustain are not good enough, F2 3rd skill need to be blast so it can blast that water field, that would be more effective support(druid also have blast).

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Doesnt mattor what they said on the stream. I used all the mantras in pvp except the offensive ones (which do have cone damage) and all of them give boons to allies behind me. No matter what tooltips or streams have stated.

I use a burnbuild with AH use 4 mantras and SyG (extra stun break, stability, quickness and in total 7 applikations of boons that trigger. With 2 allies that heals for 1k. Add in the support mantras, the elite and healing mantra and er are talking about over 10k self heals that can be casted in 2sec.

Stop watching streams and play the game ????

in Guardian

RabbitUp.8294

Doesnt mattor what they said on the stream. I used all the mantras in pvp except the offensive ones (which do have cone damage) and all of them give boons to allies behind me. No matter what tooltips or streams have stated.

I use a burnbuild with AH use 4 mantras and SyG (extra stun break, stability, quickness and in total 7 applikations of boons that trigger. With 2 allies that heals for 1k. Add in the support mantras, the elite and healing mantra and er are talking about over 10k self heals that can be casted in 2sec.

Stop watching streams and play the game ????

They are cones. You do give quickness in an AoE when you use your heal skill with the trait, but the mantras themselves apply boons in a cone.

in Guardian

CptAurellian.9537

Unless the devs have introduced some interesting bugs dependent on what area you’re in, mantras still are frontal cones. Testing in HotM showed nothing has changed at all.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

My char gives regen behind him same with might, testning now.