INSANE GOD LIKE BURN DH ROAMING + build

in Guardian

Posted by: kiritsugu emeya.3962

kiritsugu emeya.3962

Ill make sure to put the build in the description as soon as possible
note that the video may not work on smartphones but can still be played on youtube on chrome

MAKE SURE TO TELL ME WHAT U THINK AND SUPPORT FOR MORE

(edited by kiritsugu emeya.3962)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

guardian runes :P ????

when people realize how good they are even on bunker builds people will start crying for nerfs.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: GrahamW.5397

GrahamW.5397

Not a fan of burn guard but, you could be using your f2 for the imob and the scepter imob a lot more/better then you are to set up purging flames a lot of times in the video people are just walking out of it almost right away. You seem a bit to eager to get the burns off sometimes and aren’t being as effective with them as you could be.

Would like to see you run a zerker or marauder build on dh and see how you do.

Wrote this while killing teq, hopefully it came across alright.

in Guardian

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

You never want to immobilize for purging flames. Far, far better to place it so the opponent is strafing the ring the instant it goes down forcing a double proc, and forcing them outside the ring to set up a pull for a grand 4x proc.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

The results are promising, but I wouldn’t call this build God-like. It makes for an excellent roamer for sure since most people you fight tend to be geared to fight againt power-based opponents. Even if they have the condi-cleanse to deal with burn-guard, they tend to neglect watching their condi-bar until you’ve surprised them and it’s too late.

I won’t mark up your build to being purely surprise-based though; you do take out a [love] druid early on in the video in a straight-up duel who is either quickcry or a guildie of his using quick’s build which is AWESOME! (but I’ll bet he got you a lot moooorrre)
That’s something that probably only a couple of power-based DH in this entire game can do 1v1!

in Guardian

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

This is an amazing build. Works wonders!!!!! +9999

in Guardian

kiritsugu emeya.3962

The results are promising, but I wouldn’t call this build God-like. It makes for an excellent roamer for sure since most people you fight tend to be geared to fight againt power-based opponents. Even if they have the condi-cleanse to deal with burn-guard, they tend to neglect watching their condi-bar until you’ve surprised them and it’s too late.
I won’t mark up your build to being purely surprise-based though; you do take out a [love] druid early on in the video in a straight-up duel who is either quickcry or a guildie of his using quick’s build which is AWESOME! (but I’ll bet he got you a lot moooorrre)
That’s something that probably only a couple of power-based DH in this entire game can do 1v1!

True this is an excellent roaming build. And yah saying goldlike is
exaggeration. And yah that guy is quick we deuled alot u can go back to the stream and check the fights out i think results ended up 6 for me 2 for him if i remember. Note that He changed his build alot to try and counter mine between each deul.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Those guards you fought are so bad.. power DH should never lose vs a burn DH 1v1..let alone some 1v2. Fun vid though.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

kiritsugu emeya.3962

Those guards you fought are so bad.. power DH should never lose vs a burn DH 1v1..let alone some 1v2. Fun vid though.

well true the hardest class for me to kill is power DH BUT.i dueled alot of good power DHs, like they just main DH and i still beat them ill make sure to put some 1v1 fights in the next montage. its all about patience when fighting them. and thanks for supporting the vid

in Guardian

Posted by: Legiion.7385

Legiion.7385

Hi
I love Burn guard and I played him soooooo long.
But i dont think he can kill a skilled power DH.
I would love to see the Burn gurdian returns
Btw i cant see ur vid cuze im a german

in Guardian

Posted by: Lasthope.7943

Lasthope.7943

with DH, your able to hold have alot of movement and survival.

My new video.

in Guardian

Arcaedus.7290

Hi

This is true, but the beauty of it is that burn-guard can very efficiently kill things that power-DH can not (revenant and druid mostly). His build essentially gives you an alternate option for roaming/dueling/pvp if you are ever trying to overcome an opponent which I think is pretty valuable to guardian as a whole.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Hi

This is true, but the beauty of it is that burn-guard can very efficiently kill things that power-DH can not (revenant and druid mostly). His build essentially gives you an alternate option for roaming/dueling/pvp if you are ever trying to overcome an opponent which I think is pretty valuable to guardian as a whole.

I can’t speak for wvw as I don’t roam but a good ranger in structured pvp shouldn’t lose in a 1v1 vs a burn guard. Now in wvw, you can get an additional 20% burns so that definitely makes a difference.

Power dh can beat a rev in structured pvp thanks to the previous patch but again, idk about their efficiency in wvw.

I’m not opposing you or anything i’m just curious on the builds true performance in wvw

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Just curious, why not choose Virtues/Valor/Radiance with Judges/Smite/Contemplation? You’ll have enough condi cleanses in 1v1, more sustained pressure damages and “god-like” condi bursts when you hit in groups.

You’ll lose out on Stability but your condi sustains will virtually remain unchanged. I feel the dmg gained outweighs its cons.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Arcaedus.7290

Hi

I can’t speak for wvw as I don’t roam but a good ranger in structured pvp shouldn’t lose in a 1v1 vs a burn guard. Now in wvw, you can get an additional 20% burns so that definitely makes a difference.

Power dh can beat a rev in structured pvp thanks to the previous patch but again, idk about their efficiency in wvw.

I’m not opposing you or anything i’m just curious on the builds true performance in wvw

I still agree with you on the ranger tidbit; you would think that any competant druid would easily have enough cleanse to deal with a burn-guard and as long as they play their cleansing right, they easily have enough sustain to out-last a burn-guard (who has far less sustain than a power-based DH, which druid already can outlast). Time will tell, but if what emeya says is true (4-2 vs. quick, who is indeed known for adapting his build to you between fights) then this build may be able to either burst a druid with high-burn stacks before they delibately cleanse, or possibly overwhelm their cleansing after a set amount of time.

And yes, power DH fares better vs. rev now (still in rev’s favor), but I reckon a burn-guard fares even better since revenants have very poor cleansing and geomancy/doom may easily eat up their cleanse on legend swap.

in Guardian

Gwaihir.1745

Burn guard smashes Druids when played right. The only chance the Druid has to win is to disengage out of the gate and build his CA before coming back.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Can’t complain about Burn DH, but I definitely prefer Burn Guard. Radiance and Virtues are mandatory for what I need to accomplish.

Valor is pretty nice with the free toughness and Medis, but there’s always a possibility another Espec could mesh even better.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

kiritsugu emeya.3962

Just curious, why not choose Virtues/Valor/Radiance with Judges/Smite/Contemplation? You’ll have enough condi cleanses in 1v1, more sustained pressure damages and “god-like” condi bursts when you hit in groups.

You’ll lose out on Stability but your condi sustains will virtually remain unchanged. I feel the dmg gained outweighs its cons.

well Believe me i tested your build and the dps on the other one is far better, if u focus in the fights in the video u can see how im using spear of justice and purging flames a lot. they are really helpfull spear of justice can get your target to 4-5-6 stacks of burn depending on your condi duration and that can just kill him in 3-4 ticks remember dont pull your target unless u got purging flames or if u want to interrupt him. same goes with purging flames (ik its insane but the skill says 14874 dmg for only 3 stacks). and about condi clear u got complimentary and purity + the block trait+wings of resolve. i compared both, max i can get on your build is 12-14 stacks but on this build its 19-23 stacks burn

in Guardian

kiritsugu emeya.3962

Hi

ill try to make burn Dh great again :P ill focus next montage on showing u how i kill a lot of skilled power DHs. and about the video it can totally appear in Germany. the thing is I received a copyright claim from youtube it says it may not appear on some devices so it can still be played on your laptop or any other computer but not sure about smartphones.

in Guardian

Legiion.7385

Hi

ill try to make burn Dh great again :P ill focus next montage on showing u how i kill a lot of skilled power DHs. and about the video it can totally appear in Germany. the thing is I received a copyright claim from youtube it says it may not appear on some devices so it can still be played on your laptop or any other computer but not sure about smartphones.

Ah ok i try it with my PC ^^.
I will test ur build ,i had never tryied a Burn build with DH.
But the biggest problem is that ur only dmg comes from burning .
Maybe it will come to a lvl with other meta/good builds as it was before HOT, i would love it to see my fav spec return and my epic legendary Sword/Torch combo:)

in Guardian

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

What is a burn DH weak against then? (apart from power DH).
Is burn DH overall better than power DH against other classes and builds?

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Guardian

kiritsugu emeya.3962

What is a burn DH weak against then? (apart from power DH).
Is burn DH overall better than power DH against other classes and builds?

yes (power/condi ranger cant win)(revs cant win)(power/condi thiefs cant win)(engis cant)(mez cant)(wars thy can if they time their dazes and attacks because we only have 2 stun breaks)(ele necro no way) IF the class is played right . and its far better power dh.
i alreadt went to 1v1 spvp servers and the build is still op there. still good wars may have a chance if they time there resistance correctly.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

I need to try this. I find it unlikely to be better that power dh

in Guardian

Posted by: Lag Spikes.9253

Lag Spikes.9253

Im curious about the build, but i cant see the video. Could anyone perhaps type it out on gw2skills, please?

in Guardian

kiritsugu emeya.3962

Im curious about the build, but i cant see the video. Could anyone perhaps type it out on gw2skills, please?

Yes the video can’t be played on mobile phones but still can be played on computers . and the build is in the description.

(edited by kiritsugu emeya.3962)

in Guardian

Legiion.7385

Ok after patch im playing my Burn guard again <3
But how does it works now vs ele ?
They was the biggest counter to Burn guard .

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I think power dh are bigger counters in comparison. Ranger counters us, good Revs still counter us (they’re getting a nerf though) then you have pro Mesmers; power DH kills Mes twice as easier than burn dh because we lack the range dps and clone bursts.

The thing with burn guardians, they’re such a niche build. If players avoid PF and know not to stack with each other for permeating wrath to do it’s job then the build becomes SO under performing compared to power DH.

The same issues apply in season 5 but we’ll have safer bursts without needing to rely on our utilities for dps. We’ll basically be what Burn Guard was prepatch, insane auto-attack dps with complementing utilities. It’s great but we still lack Stability & Stun breakers for HoT’s power creep. Hopefully the dps increase would out-weigh this.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Gwaihir.1745

DH and warrior are the greatest counters to burning. However a good burn guard can still set up a kill on a warrior in the 4s window you have to down him between his resistance and blocks. Yeah good players will try and avoid PF that’s why its your job to force the proc 2x when it goes down and 2 more times pulling them through.
Hard to do? Yeah. Takes practice and knowing their stability timers. But once you get good at it people drop like flies even good players.

in Guardian

kiritsugu emeya.3962

DH and warrior are the greatest counters to burning. However a good burn guard can still set up a kill on a warrior in the 4s window you have to down him between his resistance and blocks. Yeah good players will try and avoid PF that’s why its your job to force the proc 2x when it goes down and 2 more times pulling them through.
Hard to do? Yeah. Takes practice and knowing their stability timers. But once you get good at it people drop like flies even good players.

as i said in wvw for roaming burn dh is just op if u are good with it. next montage hopefully ill focus wars and power dhs. for the next pvp patch i think burn dh will be viable again especially with the amulet and the burn duration buffs. ill try and take as much footage as i can from the new season of pvp.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

What world are you maybe we can duel. I’m on JQ.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikhael.2391

Mikhael.2391

I think by simply using my 2 medis for clear condis and heall cleansing condi trait plus focus4 and dh last trai for condi removal on bock is enough for any burn guard. Never lost to one on a 1vs1. MAybe a hybrid would do better.

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Works well in WvW. The only handicap I see is that without the traveller runes roaming is a bit painful.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I think by simply using my 2 medis for clear condis and heall cleansing condi trait plus focus4 and dh last trai for condi removal on bock is enough for any burn guard. Never lost to one on a 1vs1. MAybe a hybrid would do better.

I think most power dh don’t run Smite Condition & Contemplation. That’s probably why he’s beating so many Guardians in wvw. A power dh should never lose, even if chain pulled in PF.

If his passive Stability in DH tree is off cd he can just cleanse the 9 burst stacks easily, avoid symbols and attack from range. Burn guard lacks stability & stunbreaks,ToF activation > LB#3 F1 pull, the burn guard can’t do a thing.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

EremiteAngel.9765

I think most power dh don’t run Smite Condition & Contemplation. That’s probably why he’s beating so many Guardians in wvw. A power dh should never lose, even if chain pulled in PF.

If his passive Stability in DH tree is off cd he can just cleanse the 9 burst stacks easily, avoid symbols and attack from range. Burn guard lacks stability & stunbreaks,ToF activation > LB#3 F1 pull, the burn guard can’t do a thing.

True. The current power DH meta rarely includes contemplation of purity which is a major tool against condition enemies.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mystic Angelique.4021

Mystic Angelique.4021

lol burn guard is overrated, i think it not sometime new to begin with. Maybe if your seeing it for the first time yeah op ha ha. RIP

If you spend half your time whining about, you have already figure out how to counter it.

The Return of burn guard Movie with caps ha ha

in Guardian

Buran.3796

Doesn’t matter if power DH beats burn DH. What matters is that burn DH easily beats Druids, Revenants and condi Thieves, to name a few classes againts which power DH struggles/is unable to beat. You trade being in disadvantage vs DH for being in advantage vs several classes (and in roaming, for being slower). Is a fine deal to me.

in Guardian

EremiteAngel.9765

Doesn’t matter if power DH beats burn DH. What matters is that burn DH easily beats Druids, Revenants and condi Thieves, to name a few classes againts which power DH struggles/is unable to beat. You trade being in disadvantage vs DH for being in advantage vs several classes (and in roaming, for being slower). Is a fine deal to me.

True. I feel the same way.
Druids, condi thieves and certain condi chronos are near impossible to beat on a power DH =/

in Guardian

Legiion.7385

After testing my own build need to say ,its soooooo much fun .
But i need some tips.
How do u beat chrono mez?
Its impossible for me with all the condi clear they have.

in Guardian

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Druids, condi thieves and certain condi chronos are near impossible to beat on a power DH =/

As a mesmer main, I can tell you LB DH beats condition mesmer consistently in a 1v1. You have to make some big mistake to lose to a condition mesmer.

in Guardian

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

I will see that maining ele. Usually i did´t even feel a burn guardian to be anny threat. I guess that won´t change if i keep soldier rune and the bad thing is i spam the clears to my team. While i see that you will burn down many builds ele will neutralize you.

in Guardian

Legiion.7385

As a mesmer main, I can tell you LB DH beats condition mesmer consistently in a 1v1. You have to make some big mistake to lose to a condition mesmer.

My question was how do Burn guards beats mez or can a Burn guard beat a mez .
AND I wont play power LB ^^

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

when people realize how good they are even on bunker builds people will start crying for nerfs.

Do guardian runes have an internal cooldown on the burn on block? Because if there is no CD then its awesome. If it has a CD then not sure I would give up movement speed for that.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Legiion.7385

Do guardian runes have an internal cooldown on the burn on block? Because if there is no CD then its awesome. If it has a CD then not sure I would give up movement speed for that.

No CD

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

No CD

Thanks pity no condition damage bonus. I mean the rest of the stats are pretty useless. don’t need more toughness if using Dire gear. If im gonna give up my traveler runes I’d rather take Balthazar runes or heck even my old favorite Defender runes which gives 2 sec of regen on every block.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Arcaedus.7290

There’s at least some condi mes build out there that does very well against DH. Shadowplane <——I’d like to see any LB DH beat this guy in a 1v1. I tried and absolutely could NOT beat him (or even get close) until I switched out JI for CoP which is not something DH normally do in spvp or WvW.

in Guardian

Buran.3796

Yesterday roaming in the borderlands had a fight against a Druid near the ruins of the tower in the SE of the green alpine map; he had smokescale & bristleback pets, long bow and and big access to stealth (lb # 3 + trapper runes). He took me by surprise hitting me back with Point Blank Shot and then started a burst; He used the stealth and high mobility to try to poke me at range, burst me out of stealth with His pets and rapid fire and to play as cheesy as He could.

After ~3 minutes of skirmish and chases He pushed me over and edge with lb #4 and the falling damage almost killed me (he was having way worse time than me in terms of sustain). He tried (unsucessfully) to finish me and then fled away usptairs to reset His HP. In the top of the ruins (I guess He was betting on killing me with a lucky lb #4) I finally killed Him after a ~60 seconds fight.

That was a very fun skirmish due fighting Druids with power DH was usually a annoying experience (high sustain + high mobility + stealth = Druids resetting the fight as soon as they feel in danger!), but with burn DH the story is way different: you keep huting them while they are in stealth and well placed blocks not only prevent their damage but put a lot of pressure over their boiling HP. I was running with a character which only had ascended trinkets, so my condition damage was ~1600, 200 lower than the reference build, and with 200 less in armor, also.

I would like to read advices about how to better use the skills with this build, because I’m a rookie with it and I think that have a lot of hidden potential with better timings and combos.

in Guardian

EremiteAngel.9765

I killed a condi phantasm chrono with a burn DH!!!!
OMG my first win against them!