Idea: "Save Yourselves!" and Signet of Mercy

Idea: "Save Yourselves!" and Signet of Mercy

in Guardian

Posted by: Viralseed.9362

Viralseed.9362

Disclaimer:

• This was a random idea I had recently and in no way should be considered as the only solution to amending the current iterations of either skill.

I figure Signet of Mercy’s effect was quite lackluster compared to other revival skills, and “Save Yourselves!” could use some method to lower Condition Duration. So, I swapped the two!

“Save Yourselves!” becomes “On Your Feet!”

• Heal nearby downed allies instantly for 20% + 2 * Healing Power.
  • Trait alert!: Allies rallied by this skill trigger Protective Reviver’s Boons for them and yourself.
  • Cooldown increased to 90 seconds
  • Casting time increased to 0.25 seconds (from 0.0 seconds)
  • No longer breaks stun

Successfully reviving five allies with this skill and Protective Reviver (also in the same specialization with the Shout trait) would apply a massive amount of Boons. Paired with Altruistic Healing, this skill can be a strong turning-point in battle for both you and your allies. Like other Shouts, it boasts group support without sacrifice. The casting time included is to prevent the Guardian from reviving allies while stunned as it would potentially be too powerful in PvP scenarios.

Signet of Mercy

• Passive: -20% Incoming Condition Duration
  • Active: Draw all conditions from nearby allies to yourself. Gain multiple boons for a short duration. The duration of all Conditions after this effect are reduced by 66%.
  • Cooldown decreased to 60 seconds
  • Range reduced to 600 (from 1200)
  • Instant cast
  • Breaks Stun

As Signets are more solo-friendly than group-oriented, Signet of Mercy would need an additional effect that supports the Guardian in such cases. The lower Condition Duration (both passive and active) would add some additional Condition removal without limiting the Guardian into the few traits available for removal.

Bonus: “Retreat!” becomes “Double Time!”

• No change. Name changed to support a neutral increase in movement (instead of ingoing or outgoing).