Ideas/changes to dragonhunter traits/skills

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

First of the virtues

Wings of Resolve: Reduce the CD to 40-45 seconds. (Given the healing seems lower then current VOR and the healing range is 1/4 current VOR)

Now for the bow skills

Puncture Shot: Split it into 2 arrows that each do 55-60% of the current attacks damage. (Will speed up justice triggers)

Deflecting Shot: Slow projectile speed by 30-40%. Make it wider like a wave (180 across), Make it knock back enemies it hits (120), Make it count as a block when it stops projectiles (so it interacts with traits)

Hunters Ward: Scrapp it for new Hunters Wrath.

Hunters Wrath: Fire a barrage at the targeted location. The first 2 waves of arrows cripple enemies (2 seconds each) The third Immobilizes (4 seconds) Damage and cast time the same as hunters ward.
CD 30 seconds.
(Wards are made usless by stability, defiance, teleports etc… Immobilize at least requires a condi cleanse)

Now for traps

Purification: Split the heal evenely between use & when the trap is triggered. Make it convert a condition into a boon, or at least remove a condition.
(makes sense with the name)

Fragments of Faith: Lower the number of fragments to 3, but lower the cool down to 30 seconds.
(45 seconds is a tad excessive)

Test of Faith: Scrap the current iteration.

Test of Faith: Now does it’s damage in 3 pulses. The first 2 pulses damage & cripple (2 seconds each) nearby enemies while granting protectiion to nearby allies (1 second each). The last pulse damages & burns (3 seconds) nearby enemies while healing nearby allies. (healing TBD)

Procession of Blades: Cool down reduced to 30-35 seconds.

Dragons Maw: No longer creates a barrier. Instead pulses immobilize (2 seconds per pulse for 4 seconds).

Now for Traits

Dulled Senses: Scrapped for Seared Tendons.

Seared Tendons: Cripple (3-4 seconds) foes that you burn
(cool down of 10 seconds per target)

Hunters Determiniation: Moved to Adept major tier.

Piercing Light: Bleed (33% chance to trigger, 4 second bleed)foes you critically hit.
(Moved to master tier, taking hunters determination’s place)

Or

Piercing Light: Traps & symbols now inflict bleeding (4-5 seconds per hit)
(Moved to master tier taking hunters determination’s place)

Heavy Light: Current iteration scrapped.

Heavy Light: Traps now heal you when placed & daze (1 second) enemies when triggered.
(Healing TBD)

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

So any thoughts?

Think the ideas are good ? Bad ?

Have ideas of your own ?

Lets get the ideas out there so the devs see them.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

The wards are wards for two reasons. 1 They are not effected by condi cleanse 2. they are not effected by stun breaks 3 they are not effected by condi duration 4. they are CC, not condis.

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

The wards are wards for two reasons. 1 They are not effected by condi cleanse 2. they are not effected by stun breaks 3 they are not effected by condi duration 4. they are CC, not condis.

Wards tend to be rather useless though with how common stability, teleports etc… are.

If changed to an immobilize at least they would require some thought to get out of.

in Guardian

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

Defender’s Dogma vs Defender’s Flame

We already have a trait that deals with burning enemies when you block and I don’t think we need another one. Maybe change it to something like “Remove a condition when you block an attack” or “Blocking an attack reduces the recharge of Spear of Justice by 10% with a short cool-down.” Personally I would change it to something completely new that encourages performing projectile finishers. Maybe projectile finishers grant you resistance for a short duration or projectile finishers have a 100% chance to burn enemies.

I also think that Hunter’s determination should either have a cool-down of something like 6 seconds or have a maximum cap. Recharge reduction for the longbow could be included with this trait if the stability application gets nerfed a bit. I just think there needs to be longbow recharge reduction on some trait, really.

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

We already have a trait that deals with burning enemies when you block and I don’t think we need another one. Maybe change it to something like “Remove a condition when you block an attack” or “Blocking an attack reduces the recharge of Spear of Justice by 10% with a short cool-down.” Personally I would change it to something completely new that encourages performing projectile finishers. Maybe projectile finishers grant you resistance for a short duration or projectile finishers have a 100% chance to burn enemies.

I also think that Hunter’s determination should either have a cool-down of something like 6 seconds or have a maximum cap. Recharge reduction for the longbow could be included with this trait if the stability application gets nerfed a bit. I just think there needs to be longbow recharge reduction on some trait, really.

Love the idea in your first paragraph. Mind if I add it to the list ?

The second one I can kinda agree with however the only reason the bow would really need a CD reduction trait is because the last skill has such a long CD. The others are fairly short..

in Guardian

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

Love the idea in your first paragraph. Mind if I add it to the list ?

The second one I can kinda agree with however the only reason the bow would really need a CD reduction trait is because the last skill has such a long CD. The others are fairly short..

Sure! Go right ahead. I also had the idea that instead of vigor the longbow symbol should apply something else. Vigor doesn’t work well with symbols. If you’re trying to be evasive you aren’t going to want to stay in the symbol and dodging will just roll you right out of the aoe. Maybe the symbol should grant resistance and you could get something else for executing a projectile finisher. You’re right, the bow has pretty short cool downs. But I do think that there needs to be a trait that reduces trap recharge, maybe they should add that to piercing light to make it a less boring trait.

in Guardian

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Overall Ideas:
Special Note Non-Dragon Hunter Traits:
Radiant Flame – Revert to When crit, bump the ICD up slightly. Offensive trees being based around getting hit just isn’t fun play. Plus the change ruined the synergy with the specialization’s core specialty which is synergy with landing critical hits.

Valor – One of the Adepts should be swapped with a Major (I suggest Focus with the Shield traits). It would provide better synergy between traits. Right now the Master set is bland and too specific.

Dragonhunter Traits:
Defender’s Dogma – Bad trait all around. It sounds neat, but in reality, it conflicts harshly with Big Game Hunter where you would have your spear on cooldown fairly often, and has very little effect for build without blocks (which could essentially leave just F3 on a 90 second cooldown and/or Aegis from it every so often…) The impact is small in most cases outside of rather niche situations.

Pure of Sight – Guardian has SO many multipliers AND vulnerability. In PVE stacking is mandatory to get group buffs and thus would be pretty useless, and in PVP is seems too Longbow specific (or MAYBE scepter if people are literally standing still) which isn’t good for diversity.

Dulled Senses – It’s almost useful… Except it’s really not. Guardians have dreamed of some soft CC, yet its tied to something we won’t do a lot unless we combo it with a VERY specific trait. Not to mention, LB already has its own cripple (sort of). It needs other ways to be useful.
Suggestion – Make it cripple on Blind. (Rename it) Guardians have numerous ways to blind an enemy to provide great synergy, it lends well to making an enemy feel helpless, and generally opens the trait up for being a solid pick without forcing the Longbow too much, which still working WITH the longbow as it has a blind of its own!

Longbow
Deflecting Shot – Possibly slow it a LITTLE, not a lot, and widen it’s block area. It will already be hard enough to make great use out of it as projectiles can have strange “hitboxes”.

Hunter’s Ward – Lower the cooldown and reduce the duration of the gates a bit. Less “stunned for days” and more using of abilities would add to the gameplay overall.

Traps
Many cooldowns just seem really long… Guardian is a low-HP class, I feel it requires those utilities to be usable frequently to be effective and able to sustain themselves. Granted, they would still be very powerful in PVE, but for PVP I see them not being used as frequently.

There are my initial thoughts!

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Do you think that Pure of Sight was set there because there are no Long bow traits to spec in?

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Do you think that Pure of Sight was set there because there are no Long bow traits to spec in?

Might be a nice dmg boost trait for Smite or Zealot’s Flame regardless.

It’s a shame that opponents can take a small nap before having to dodge most of our current >600 range skills.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Seared Tendons: Cripple (3-4 seconds) foes that you burn
(cool down of 10 seconds per target)

You’re welcome for the idea. :/

But anyway, if it were up to me I’d scrap the traps in favor of something that we can use on the move. We’d also need either a low cooldown heal skill or a sustain-based trait in DH for it to be competitive without the need to spec into valor.