Ideas for a WvW Survivability-Support build?

in Guardian

Posted by: SilencedScream.2167

SilencedScream.2167

I typically travel with a guild group of 5-7 with the main focus of being tower defense and camp capturing. I’m not fond of zerging and usually shy away from it unless working to take SM.

I like the rampager bunker guardian build that State of the Art posted for solo-3 persons, but I also wanted to gauge for a mostly defensive build as well for when I get the slightly larger group.

Scenario:
Let’s say we’re siegeing a tower; with 5-7, it’s very possible, as long as alarm bells don’t go off, bringing people in to resist. Obscure towers, further away from waypoints, won’t get a full zerg for defense, usually – but a party or two often trickles in. I’m looking for a survivability-support build – maybe conditions (, finishers (“Stand Your Ground”), party boosts for fights/moving (“Retreat”), and heavy ability to tank, to handle these parties and the respawning NPC guards.

Looking for:
-High-to-very high survivability
-Low-to-moderate damage output
-Possible group support (speed buffs, healing, boons, etc.)
-Possible condition output

It does not have to include the skills I suggested, these were just examples.
Ideas, please?

Henge of Denravi – [SAS]
Duct Tape Applied [Charr Ranger]
A Roll Of Duct Tape [Human Guardian, Commander]

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

For your specs imo, i would recommend something with long boon duration, with hammer/staff, concecrations.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: kutshotz.8574

kutshotz.8574

in Guardian

Posted by: Daemonne.5018

Daemonne.5018

My Guardian is still a lowbie, working on my 30’s.
That being said, I have been toying with the Build Editor while at lunches at work and have been wondering if this would be a decent support build.
I don’t have gear in mind yet other than straight up Clerics. I still have to search the forums more to see if there is a better set up for what I have in mind.
I am looking for a supportive door buster/siege defending build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUEQNAW5elcgKDHGSPEm4ESmCRCBxeYRc0GdpIhkIA;T4AgzymEMJZS1kiJqbM3Iuxej7G5NrNGfA

Maybe swap Absolute Resolution with Elite Focus?
I’m completely unschooled in Guardians so please point out the flaws
Thank you.

If you play solitaire with only one suit, your game is going to end faster and feel lacking.

in Guardian

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

I typically travel with a guild group of 5-7 with the main focus of being tower defense and camp capturing. I’m not fond of zerging and usually shy away from it unless working to take SM.

I like the rampager bunker guardian build that State of the Art posted for solo-3 persons, but I also wanted to gauge for a mostly defensive build as well for when I get the slightly larger group.

Scenario:
Let’s say we’re siegeing a tower; with 5-7, it’s very possible, as long as alarm bells don’t go off, bringing people in to resist. Obscure towers, further away from waypoints, won’t get a full zerg for defense, usually – but a party or two often trickles in. I’m looking for a survivability-support build – maybe conditions (, finishers (“Stand Your Ground”), party boosts for fights/moving (“Retreat”), and heavy ability to tank, to handle these parties and the respawning NPC guards.

Looking for:

Ideas, please?

0 0 30 30 10

Full clerics.

Staff/sceptor + shield. (Or sword + shield)

Superior Sigil of Perception in shield, staff. Superior sigil of energy in sceptor or sword.

in Guardian

Posted by: Danicco.3568

Danicco.3568

Ideas, please?

Greatsword & Staff
Valor 30 (Purity, Retributive Armor, Meditation Mastery, Honorable Shield, Monk’s Focus, Altruistic Healing)
Honor 30 (Superior Aria, Writ of Exaltation, Writ of the Merciful, Two Handed Mastery, Battle Presence, Empowering Might, Protective Reviver, Resolute Healer)
Zeal 10 (Fiery Wrath, Spirit Weapon Mastery) or Virtue 10 (Vengeful, Master of Consecrations, Improved Spirit Weapon Duration)

Pick the best ones for your build, use 2~3 Meditation Skills (Smite Condition, Judge’s Intervention, Contemplation of Purity) and Meditation Mastery + Monk’s Focus for insane survivability.

Altruistic Healing works best with Staff’s Empower and Symbols and a group of at least 5 targets (pet or no). Empower becomes is a 8k~ heal every 16 seconds traited.

And you can also go for the Retaliation build, say you’re sieging a tower with 5~ and an Elementalist shows up and start unloading massive AoE sequences… you can Stand Your Ground, Symbol of Wrath, Signet of Judgement, and ask for any Blast finisher on your Light Fields (or you use a Hammer) while keeping Protection (Hammer, Shield) and healing up (Battle Presence, Writ of the Merciful, Mace’s Symbol of Faith) and you can watch they down themselves.
It’s not good to stay and take all the damage usually, but this is often used to buy some time against a few attackers and even large zergs if you have a great healing output.

Another one you can try and might be what you’re looking for the Healway build, search for it’s topic on the Guardians forums.
Basically, it’s a build on Cleric gear that relies heavily on healing, but personally I don’t like it because I think you sacrifice way too much damage. The healing is great for groups though and your survivability is almost or as great as a bunker build.

in Guardian

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

My Guardian is still a lowbie, working on my 30’s.
That being said, I have been toying with the Build Editor while at lunches at work and have been wondering if this would be a decent support build.
I don’t have gear in mind yet other than straight up Clerics. I still have to search the forums more to see if there is a better set up for what I have in mind.
I am looking for a supportive door buster/siege defending build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUEQNAW5elcgKDHGSPEm4ESmCRCBxeYRc0GdpIhkIA;T4AgzymEMJZS1kiJqbM3Iuxej7G5NrNGfA

Maybe swap Absolute Resolution with Elite Focus?
I’m completely unschooled in Guardians so please point out the flaws
Thank you.

I’d say no matter what, get a stun breaker.
From what you are planning, grab stand your ground, it’s a friggin long stability with a very short cd and also grants retaliation while having a built-in stun breaker.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.