If you could change one thing on guard...?

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Zealot’s Flame/Fire is great for both hybrid and zerk builds. Right now it’s the reason to take torch maybe over focus and certainly over shield. Some changes to Cleansing Flame (torch #5) I think would put torch in a good place to make an actual tough call between it and focus.

• Lower hits from 9 to 4
  • Increase conditions removed per pulse
  • Strip boon per pulse

As it is now, it’s a dps loss over AA and is a niche condition cleanse on party. It can be really powerful though, removing 50 something in total IIRC. Regardless, by lowering the hits and increasing the conditions removed per pulse it can still fill that niche with less of a cast time. In addition, it will serve as boon strip that could put medizerk/hybrid guardian into new roles.

Of course specific numbers are subject to balance but the idea is what counts. Right now guardian has a measly 1 boon strip every 10 seconds (which should be bumped to 2/10s or 1/5s) and is usually passed on for classes that can strip. With a boon heavy meta and how hard it counters medizerk (think d/d celementalist) I think it would put torch in it’s own.

That’s another good idea for the Torch. The long channeling and ordinary support that skill 5 provide is the reason why torch is left behind right now. Ya it still have a niche place, but it really need a bit of change to it to really make the torch a competitive choice in more than only 1 role. I don,t really mind what would be the change, a lot of options can be explored.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I would give them more CC.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Posted by: Kulvar.1239

Kulvar.1239

My one thing: Add offhand sword.

in Guardian

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I’d remove the lootstick from usable weapons.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

New trait:

Light Feet [Adept Radiance] 25% movement speed while wielding 1 handed weapons.

I’ve been trying to think of a conditional movement speed trait and I thought that fits the radiance line well. It also seems to make sense as those are “bulkier” type weapons. I’d either merge Signet Mastery and Inscribed Removal or Merge Healer’s Retribution into another line with Vengeful to make room for it.

Of course I’d prefer a flat 25% boost but most movement speed traits have a condition. Warrior for melee, Elementalist/Necromancer while wielding daggers. Engineer has a flat boost but it’s also a master trait so in turn it should be better. I’d also sign off on a condition like when wielding bladed weapons (sword/greatsword).

(edited by Shanks.2907)

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Oh, I almost forgot!

Guardian Staff 1 needs to be 360 radius and 1200 range.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Guardian

Posted by: Elodium.7263

Elodium.7263

Oh, I almost forgot!

Guardian Staff 1 needs to be 360 radius and 1200 range.

Plus a auto attack chain that gives a stack of might on the 3rd hit, for every target it hits. 5 target limit stays.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

-VIII zeal trait “Glorious jump”
-Increase range of Mighty Blow skill to 600 but decrease number of targets to 3 and increase its CD by 0.5 sec
(like elementalist hammer)

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Add 1 sec daze on shield #4. With this change the cooldown wouldn’t need to be reduced to 25 sec and the shield would worth for sure (keep the CD reduction on #5 to 30 sec). And fix the bug on shield #5.

Or remove the root on sword #3.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

25% speed trait

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

If I would change a single thing, it would be the description of the guardian in the professions page.

Things like:

Resolve

Through Resolve, guardians passively regenerate health, allowing them to wade into the most dangerous situation and come out alive

and

Spirit Weapons

Guardians can summon spirit weapons to fight at their side for a limited time. Spirit weapons can be commanded to inflict a powerful attack before disappearing. For example, Hammer of Wisdom can be commanded to knock down an enemy before it vanishes.

Not very accurate and deceiving. Hello!