If you're going to put our dmg in symbols..

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Then symbols need to CHILL ON PULSE

I don’t have a shred of optimism for this expantion.

The only thing good I see is that we’re getting massive HEALING buffs.. but honestly… whooop de fn doo.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

med guard is already meta. gimme chill on my wellomancer. also u have slow on glacial heart instead of chill now. i dont think its a good change but its a change what do u think about it

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Don’t worry, they’ve nerfed Symbolic Avenger to +10% damage. So our damage isn’t going to be in symbols, because it isn’t going to be anywhere anymore!

in Guardian

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

I see symbols as more of a point defense thing. With the honor gm our symbols can cover a whole point. The problem being that you just get pew pew’d down out side of the range of the symbol….

Devona’s Rest

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

I see symbols as more of a point defense thing. With the honor gm our symbols can cover a whole point. The problem being that you just get pew pew’d down out side of the range of the symbol….

Honestly they should just merge writ of persistence into symbolic exposure.

I mean they want to condense the traits right.

Heck if they thought it was too powerful they could just leave out the heal on pulse part, I mean its laughable anyway unless your full cleric which is something that is a no go after the patch anyway because of the utter lack of vitality.

Once it’s moved maybe then they can come up with something creative.
Looking at the other classes there is definitely some good things they could do now.

in Guardian

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Hey at least you guys GET a damage increase from your grandmaster trait. I’m using a 1h sword over here and all of radiance lines GM traits are condi based (except signets but yeaaaah no i don’t use signets)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Hey at least you guys GET a damage increase from your grandmaster trait. I’m using a 1h sword over here and all of radiance lines GM traits are condi based (except signets but yeaaaah no i don’t use signets)

LOl ya & one of them got stealth nerfed with a 1 second internal CD to.

The signet GM sucks pretty hard to.

IT gives light aura on signet use, Light aura.
You can already get a ton of light aura with a greatsword & it’s not even that good an aura.

Would be so much better if they got rid of the signet passive boost & light aura.
Maybe then they could have it do a condi cleanse & protection on signet use.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

We need more access to Retal, didn’t you know that Ragnar?

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

med guard is already meta. gimme chill on my wellomancer. also u have slow on glacial heart instead of chill now. i dont think its a good change but its a change what do u think about it

lol, glacial heart was moved to the same trait line in the same tier as arguably the best trait for guardians period and thus will never see the light of day. It might has well have been removed.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

And don’t forget that they didn’t unsplit the difference between sPvP and PvE/WvW. Any of these differences makes sense:

• Shield #4 (one of, if not the weakest skill in the game);
  • Save Yourselves (this is the reason to this skill suck so hard in spvp);
  • At least, they unsplit Selfless Daring.
Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

Don’t worry, they’ve nerfed Symbolic Avenger to +10% damage. So our damage isn’t going to be in symbols, because it isn’t going to be anywhere anymore!

that trait never went live with 20% so you can’t really call 10% a nerf since its never officially been anything else.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

that trait never went live with 20% so you can’t really call 10% a nerf since its never officially been anything else.

well we did lose 3% on FW, 10% on radiant power, and everything that they shwed on livestreams got nerfed to oblivion. So its like they took us to the toyshop and shiowed us all the amazing toys on the window and then took our toy as an entry fee only to find out that the windows showed stickers of the toys and the actual toys are old and worn out.

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

Not officially, no. But it is going to be only half as effective as they originally planned it to be, which is really quite a joke considering how hard it is to keep enemies inside your symbols anyway.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zlosnica.8936

Zlosnica.8936

We got turned into peasants with greatswords and hammer’s, from what I see so far from the livestreams, compared to other classes. I personally don’t see guardian being so viable as it was on the last patch, but everything will become more clearer after a week or so after the patch. I hope I’m wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

We got turned into peasants with greatswords and hammer’s, from what I see so far from the livestreams, compared to other classes. I personally don’t see guardian being so viable as it was on the last patch, but everything will become more clearer after a week or so after the patch. I hope I’m wrong.

Oh no, one of the most played classes in the entire game is not feeling as well off as the half a dozen other classes few people played because they didn’t measure up? I’ll get the necros to pass the handkerchief over when they’re finally in a good place in 3 more years.

As for OP, no chill on symbols is silly. Just restore the do more damage to targets in your symbol trait to 20%. The application is going to be very hard to hold without persisting symbols. I do feel a fair chunk of damage modifiers have gone poof and bringing back a 10% modifier to specific weapons would help but I’m waiting to see how it all rolls out. Certainly a lot of the traits look better for PvP than PvE.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zlosnica.8936

Zlosnica.8936

Apparently you get my post in a wrong way, that wasn’t an angry rant just observation. As I said we shall see what will happen after a couple of weeks, and with all do respect this is a guardian forum, not a necromancer one.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

3 condi removal or useless hammer trait with no dmg hmmm tough choice LOL. DDay is today and we are on the losing side

in Guardian

apharma.3741

And you got my post wrong. I’m saying that there are a lot of classes that have been neglected for up to 3 years from most game modes because they couldn’t offer anywhere near as much as a guardian could. With guardians being clipped substantially maybe we will see better balance.

Then who knows, maybe guards can get buffs to things they need buffing or a way to GTFO on mediguard.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

And you got my post wrong. I’m saying that there are a lot of classes that have been neglected for up to 3 years from most game modes because they couldn’t offer anywhere near as much as a guardian could. With guardians being clipped substantially maybe we will see better balance.

Then who knows, maybe guards can get buffs to things they need buffing or a way to GTFO on mediguard.

Like what ele/ warrior/thief/ mesmer? those were alreadyin the meta speedrun parties guardians have been phased out of that for a while, we are only part of of the not so speedy speedruns because its easier to carry bad people with a guard. Our damage is not amazing by any means and all we had going for us (damage multipliers) either got slashed or became more conditional (less % uptime) . The classess that actually needed more attention got screwed by this patch just like us ( necro corruption changes and ranger only got pet stats in exchange for damage multipliers)

in Guardian

apharma.3741

Like what ele/ warrior/thief/ mesmer? those were alreadyin the meta speedrun parties guardians have been phased out of that for a while, we are only part of of the not so speedy speedruns because its easier to carry bad people with a guard. Our damage is not amazing by any means and all we had going for us (damage multipliers) either got slashed or became more conditional (less % uptime) . The classess that actually needed more attention got screwed by this patch just like us ( necro corruption changes and ranger only got pet stats in exchange for damage multipliers)

Yeah I know mesmers have largely replaced guards (only really because of portal) in speed runs but not everyone does speed runs, in fact it’s probably safe to say more people don’t do speed runs by a substantial margin.

I’m also talking about all game modes. We’re finally at a point in WvW where most classes do have a function, whether it be focus group or zerg. PvE I’d love to have seen necro and a good melee ranger appear. Sadly eles, warriors, guards and thieves will still dominate most runs. Mesmers in speed runs but it most certainly isn’t because of mesmer damage with that ~30s ramp up time.

I hope these changes will see other classes used a bit more as 3 guard parties are not uncommon outside of speed clear wannabe record runs. We’ll have to wait and see how the condition change also affects necros and rangers. I really hope we can see them get a substantial buff in PvE except for that blooming longbow.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

Oh no, one of the most played classes in the entire game is not feeling as well off as the half a dozen other classes few people played because they didn’t measure up? I’ll get the necros to pass the handkerchief over when they’re finally in a good place in 3 more years.

As for OP, no chill on symbols is silly. Just restore the do more damage to targets in your symbol trait to 20%. The application is going to be very hard to hold without persisting symbols. I do feel a fair chunk of damage modifiers have gone poof and bringing back a 10% modifier to specific weapons would help but I’m waiting to see how it all rolls out. Certainly a lot of the traits look better for PvP than PvE.

Guardian has stagnated as far as balancing updates are concerned since launch. Sure, necro could use some love too, but that doesn’t mean that we in any way deserve these silly nerfs we’re getting.

in Guardian

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

I don’t know man. Most ground targeted aoes are pretty impossible to fully utilize in this game period. That’s kinda the reason why things like staff Ele, staff for necro, staff for guard, warrior LB, wells, etc, are seen as support weapons in sPvP. People just drop the aoe on the point yo cover it because, as I’m sure you know, that fighting off point is a big no-no. Think of it as merely an area denial tool. If you run zeal/honor/virtues, dropping a symbol will be your way of telling the enemy to kindly gtfo point. Adding chill to it would just break the symbols.

in Guardian

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

All I’am going to say about this is:

• I’m Happy I already have the Champion Paragon title because it’s gonna be impossible to gain after this patch.
  • I’m happy to have a PS/EA Warrior for PvE because as someone else said before, Guardian is becoming the new peasant in dungeons.
  • Time to think for a new class in PvP already have Elementalist and Engineer that seem to always get buffs so i think that will be the answer.
  • Nerf Guardian and you have a huge amount of persons who will start looking for a new heavy class to play… Oh! Revenant is coming out in expansion, what a coincidence! Guess orphan guardians will have to buy HoT. (Ok maybe too much conspiracy theory but… Who knows?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Surprising to see a miss from Black Box’s recent post about the nerfs we’re receiving. The only buff we got was Selfless-daring. The rest of it were a mix of direct/indirect nerfs(dmg modifier nerf/trait competing against some far superior).