Immortal Support Guardian build for WvW?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Hey everyone, I was hoping some of you might be able to help me out.

You see, I’ve been looking for a build that would be practically unkillable in WvW and support their allies during the fight. Kinda like what commanders are supposed to be, either running at the front of a zerg and able to live through a clash with an enemy zerg or support the troops from the rear with mighty blessings or just to /laugh at the pathetic antics of a thief spamming backstabs to no avail while I just keep on going.

Unfortunately I don’t really know what would be best to take. For gear I was thinking that full Sentinel might be good for surviving, but then again something with +Healing might offer more benefits to groups.

Is there anyone who knows of an extremely durable support build that can survive and provide support in a zergfest or laugh at thieves with their cheese builds? :P

Thanks!!

Attachments:

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Your best bet would be mixing Sentinel and Cleric gear. For traits there are a number of different routes you can take. 0/0/6/6/2, 0/0/6/4/4, 0/0/4/6/4, and 0/0/2/6/6. Just don’t expect to kill anything because you are pretty much giving up all offensive options for survivability and support.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Aveneo.2068

Your best bet would be mixing Sentinel and Cleric gear. For traits there are a number of different routes you can take. 0/0/6/6/2, 0/0/6/4/4, 0/0/4/6/4, and 0/0/2/6/6. Just don’t expect to kill anything because you are pretty much giving up all offensive options for survivability and support.

No worries, I was mainly after survivability and support. :P

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

What Harbinger said. Though I’d add I’m a big fan of the virtue build, AH is nice and all but you only really fully benefit from those heals when you can stop and do staff 4.

With Virtues I get absolute resolution, 3 condi removal upon activation. And Indomitable courage, 4-5sec stability.

Having that second stability and the extra condition cleanses just seem very very useful to me. Sometimes you are doing a second rush, or being rushed, and you don’t have stand your ground back up, that’s where indomitable courage comes in.

All with the added benefit of faster reuse on virtues, and boon duration.

Of course that’s just my preference and the reasons I went that way. Lots of different ways to do what you want to do =).

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Could just go classic Healway. Straight Cleric’s with PTV rings, back, and weapons. Staff, Greatsword, Hammer, or Mace/Shield weapon sets (or all of them, depending on preference and situation). Trooper runes, mostly for the extra condi removal. Sigil of Life + Energy on one weapon set, Energy + whatever on the other.

Something like 0/0/20/30/20 or 0/0/10/30/30. Mango Pie, Omnomberry Cookie, or Lemongrass Poultry (or the T5 version). Sharpening Stones to supplement your damage?

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Could just go classic Healway. Straight Cleric’s with PTV rings, back, and weapons. Staff, Greatsword, Hammer, or Mace/Shield weapon sets (or all of them, depending on preference and situation). Trooper runes, mostly for the extra condi removal. Sigil of Life + Energy on one weapon set, Energy + whatever on the other.

Something like 0/0/20/30/20 or 0/0/10/30/30. Mango Pie, Omnomberry Cookie, or Lemongrass Poultry (or the T5 version). Sharpening Stones to supplement your damage?

Wait? people use something other than the Loot stick in WvW? =b I joke.

Another good sigil though is Restoration, if you’re in a ZvZ situation lots of deaths = lots of dodges with your energy going to full after each kill. I go Restoration on my Loot Stick, and Energy on my hammer and GS personally.

in Guardian

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

I never understood pvt gear on a wvw guard. You get like 10% more Dps on an already low Dps build compared with just going cleric. If the lack of vitality worries you just mix in some Sentinel gear as mentioned above.

You’re not sacrificing much Dps for your added tankyness and group support. Imo warriors sacrifice a lot less and gain a lot more Dps by going more offensive so I’d rather let them deal the majority of the damage while I support.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucente.5071

Lucente.5071

I can theory craft you a really nice build I used before the 15th patch. Will have about 25k hp 3k armor and almost 100% boon duration to help support your allies. Great stability and condi cleanse 0 DPS though. Ill post it later once I figure out where I put it….

Corrupted Moneybagz – Thief / Moneyz – Warrior
[vT] Violent Tendencies

in Guardian

Lucente.5071

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQFAWlsApZotCxWI8DNRCRl9M8fBI2fQIkCXFAA-TFyFABo9AAMa/BaU+188HHuAAJq+DAKBrTHQAAEAH9oH9oH9oREAzxWA-w

My new Commander boon duration build post april 15th. You can use whatever secondary weapon you want i recommend hammer or greatsword. Also can change sigil or luck for energy on both weps for more healing. But bare in mind luck has a chance to proc stability.

I will also post the backline healer version later

[vT] Violent Tendencies

in Guardian

Aveneo.2068

Thanks for everything you guys have posted so far, I really appreciate it!

in Guardian

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Play Healway. Start off using a mix of PVT and Cleric. Succesively remove more PVT gear as you get more comfortable with the build until you are running full Cleric.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in Guardian

Aveneo.2068

Hmmm, alright. I’ve been trying to fit together a build. Partly based on your recommendations and partly what I felt was decent. I’m was wondering what you guys think.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJAWRlsApZo1CxVI8DNRCRl1Mg9HMCl51LQAcAA-TFCDABHqEcunAwUKDaa/BtU6Rp6PAcJA2TXApA6XYE-w

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

1k healing power imo is to much, i imagine this being for WvW, also Pure of voice is way more important with those runes.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Aveneo.2068

1k healing power imo is to much, i imagine this being for WvW, also Pure of voice is way more important with those runes.

Oh, I figured that I would need some healing power and I’ve seen some entries of 1200 being the ‘magic number’ or something. So I tried to keep it close to that but not at the complete expense of defenses. What would be a better amount of healing power I could aim for?

I must admit that Force of Will (or any other new GM trait) is overly spectacular so I can see why Pure of Voice would be much more important.

in Guardian

Lucente.5071

Theres a couple things you can do to improve it. 1 change the amulet to clerics and dont use the precision buff. With only 170 crit dam and 20% crit chance you will get virtually no benefitt from those stats at all.

2 change retributive armor for strength in numbers. Same reasons as above.

3 sigils. I love luck personally but its much more viable with a boon duration build. Try heal on wep swap or energy sigils. Sigil of purity is also good for a free condi cleanse.

4. Change force of will to pure of voice. Much more condi removal.

[vT] Violent Tendencies

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

I personally treat 900-950 Healing Power as an efficiency cap these days.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Hmmm, alright. I’ve been trying to fit together a build. Partly based on your recommendations and partly what I felt was decent. I’m was wondering what you guys think.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJAWRlsApZo1CxVI8DNRCRl1Mg9HMCl51LQAcAA-TFCDABHqEcunAwUKDaa/BtU6Rp6PAcJA2TXApA6XYE-w

You did a decent job with the build, however there are a couple of things I’d recommend you change.

Pure of Voice over Force of Will, extra condition removers will go a lot farer than 3k hp. Plus you already have a decent hp pool with guard stacks. I’d used Energy over Stamina. Also Luck isn’t that great, I’d also change that out for something else.

Also for healing power, that’s a tricky subject. It doesn’t have a diminishing returns, so technically you can never have too much. Personally, my builds with high healing power have around 800-1000. Around ~870 is a solid choice because that’s when your Selfless Daring heals for 1k.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Aveneo.2068

Cool! Thanks for the tips