Importance of Crit chance/damage in WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Nespinha.3165

Nespinha.3165

Q:

I have a few questions when going through my WvW builds. I currently run a Tanky DPS (3K attack and armor, 42% crit chance and 70/75% crit damage) in PvE and WvW but….is that the most viable way to play as a Guardian in WvW? Sometimes I have doubts.

1) How much crit chance and damage do your WvW builds usually have?
2) In your opinion, how much crit damage should you have for X value of crit chance?
3) Is it better to drop precision and crit damage (in WvW) and bet more on other stats (ex: more toughness and healing power)?

Nespinha – Level 80 Guardian [DDE]

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

What are you trying to do in WvW, exactly?

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

in Guardian

Posted by: Nespinha.3165

Nespinha.3165

I basically roam alone or in a small group. But when I get the chance to run into a zerg..I won´t back down. My biggest issue is when I run into 2v2 or 1v2 fights. Although I have a good burst, sometimes it´s hard to survive if the opponent has high defense and regeneration.

Nespinha – Level 80 Guardian [DDE]

in Guardian

Posted by: Swiftar.7594

Swiftar.7594

What build are you currently running? I run around with about 2.5k armor, 50% crit and 75% crit damage, and I do pretty well. I’ve won a couple 1v2’s.

in Guardian

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I have a few questions when going through my WvW builds. I currently run a Tanky DPS (3K attack and armor, 42% crit chance and 70/75% crit damage) in PvE and WvW but….is that the most viable way to play as a Guardian in WvW? Sometimes I have doubts.

1) How much crit chance and damage do your WvW builds usually have?
2) In your opinion, how much crit damage should you have for X value of crit chance?
3) Is it better to drop precision and crit damage (in WvW) and bet more on other stats (ex: more toughness and healing power)?

My personal build is for sw/fc sw/t.

50% crit chance I find it doesn’t help as much if you go over anyway. Fury will sit you at 70% and if you use the right buffs you will be at 75% crit chance. Again it doesn’t add as much as you might think.

I have 88% crit damage

almost 3k armor, and over 15k health. Works good for me, but the build/armor/traits are all tailored to my individual play style.

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.2|c.1g.h1b.d.1g.h2|c.1g.h1b.f.1g.h2|1n.a1.1p.a1.1c.a1.1p.a1.1n.a1.1p.a1|1g.61.1c.61.1c.61.1i.61.1i.61.1i.61|0.u6ab.u16c.a0.0|0.0|w.1b.13.15.1i|e

That’s generally it I think. I can’t tell because I have a whole file of different builds and buildcraft is down right now. The runes/sigils are just testing different setups.

There are several people here with videos of different setups, and different builds in wvw/spvp/tpvp. Watch some of them, and if you can’t find them I will post you some links.

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/guardian/?3.2|c.1g.h1l.d.1g.h2|1.1g.h2|1p.a7.1g.74.1p.74.1g.74.1p.74.1g.74|1g.61.1c.61.1c.61.1g.61.1g.61.8c.61|0.u6ab.u16c.5.5|2e.7|w.12.13.15.1i|e

That’s the burst 3-meds build I use in WvW. Not much tank, but still more tank than 100% Berserker facerolly types. Power is probably the most underrated factor in any burst build, always run power-primary equipment if you can help it.

EDIT: Build link error

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.