In dilemma bout legendary :/

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Hi there

I am in dilemma which one to get. I have almost all materials and gold needed for my legendary but dont know which to make, the juggernaut hammer or sunrise.

I like metallic looks that jug gives but also like sunrises effects.
When i play in dungeons mostly play shout build to support my allies because i tried with medi build but then only support myself and others die (noobs or noone heals).
Playing with hammer is much better and i can stay alive longer than with GS.
Even playing in wvw with hammer feels good but GS gives waaaay better dmg.

So what to make? :S any suggestions?

in Guardian

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

I have made several, right now the Jug is my favorite. I am mainly a WvW player. I have had the chance to make a sunrise, but have passed on it every time. I don’t care at all for how that legendary looks.

As for the rest of the build discussion. That is a whole other thread.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Juggernaut looks far better imo. But yeah, that build, it hurts my feelings.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bloodgruve.6038

Bloodgruve.6038

Hammer in PvE isn’t the best. It’s light field on auto attacks usually covers fire fields which hinders the ability to stack might for faster runs. Hammer is very good in WvW if you run at the front of a zerg.

If you like PvE better go GS, if you like PvE and run consistently with a might stacking warrior then go Hammer. If you like WvW zerg stuff go Hammer, if you like small group or solo roaming I’d think GS.

Unless they changed something since I last tested 5/5/0/0/4 Hammer with symbols and spirit weapons did competitive damage while supplying Protection. Still run into the fire field/might stacking issue though. But if I had Juggernaut then I wouldn’t feel as bad about running hammer in a dungeon.

Blood~

“Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance”

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

5/5/0/4/0 is the dps hammer build. Not having writ of persistence is a huge mistake.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

As stated hammer causes issues in dungeons with the whole field thing, if it weren’t for that it’d be a great option but because of that it’s better to avoid it. That perma protection is nice though.

So I’d say, if you are a dungeon runner, GS, if you are WvW Hammer, if you are a bit of everything flip a coin, and in the air when you’re hoping it lands a certain way you’ll know which one you really want

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

If you really care about blasting fire fields, you should be stacking might before fights, where any symbol won’t cause problems. Otherwise, don’t worry if you’re overwriting fields in battle. Like was mentioned, 5/5/0/4/0 is very good on damage. If you swap with a GS, even better, but Hammer alone is very competitive in dps.

You could always just solve both problems and get the superior legendary, Kamohoali’i Kotaki

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

If you really care about blasting fire fields, you should be stacking might before fights, where any symbol won’t cause problems. Otherwise, don’t worry if you’re overwriting fields in battle. Like was mentioned, 5/5/0/4/0 is very good on damage. If you swap with a GS, even better, but Hammer alone is very competitive in dps.

You could always just solve both problems and get the superior legendary, Kamohoali’i Kotaki

if the fight is longer than 20s you lose might
If it’s shorter than 20s you’re kinda wasting time by prestacking isntead of just bursting down.
Also if it’s less than 20s you’ll likely want to jump in and burst with GS instead of hammer as GS is the burst weapon hammer is just good over time.

So /shrug to me GS ftw in Dungeon, Hammer for groups that need/want protection.

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

hammer is probably used about 10% of my guardian lifetime, GS is such a staple.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Even playing in wvw with hammer feels good but GS gives waaaay better dmg.

Just saying so you can make an informed decision, GS doesnt give waaaay better damage. We are talking abolut less then 10% more, probably closer to 5%.

The faster pace of the chain and the big numbers of ww makes you feel that way.

The thing is that mb has lower casting and after cast and is on half the cd. Add to that that mb is much easier to hit with versus any skilled player and the real difference is even less. In pve its a bit different even though its much faster to get back into dps mode with the hammer since you can use mb on low cd to get back after dodging.

I played hammer since the game launch and i can honestly say that my effective dps with the hammer and traited symbols (larger) are just way above the gs. Way back than there were a few guys in these forums trolling about the huge difference in dps and unfortunately that seem to have stuck.

It was also suggested that hammer was to slow and sluggish to work in wvw zerging, roaming and pvp and most people believed that crap. What we see now is that hammer is one of the most popular weapons we have and i can tell you its not because it has low dps or is to slow. People have found the playstyle which is required and if you do that its the most versatile weapon we have.

So dont look at dps when chosing the legendary, chose the weapon you like playing with.

When it comes to fields in dungeons its a non issue in coordinated teams, for max dps you should swap weapons and its when gs is up on the guardian that firefields should be placed.

Hammer causes issues in less coordinated teams though.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Well no matter what legendary you make, if you play accordingly to your build, it won’t make a difference at least in PvE contents. So umm…. since you like healing and stuff staff or shield might be a better choice.

Tour

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I think bolt is the best looking legendary, so that’s what I would go for first if I were you. It’s also useful in all three game modes including dungeons.

Also consider which other classes you play that you’d like to use it on. 5 classes uses sword, 4 classes use greatsword and 2 classes use the hammer. Legendary weapons are account bound, so you can swap them to any toon you want. Or you can just skin other weapons with the wardrobe.