Info-graphic Style Alpha Guardian Build

in Guardian

Posted by: Sxalpha.5063

Sxalpha.5063

Hello!

Build’s in the attachment.

This build focuses on being useful in a team setting providing high DPS and support with greatsword and staff.

Mainly focuses on PuGs so there are less PVT tanky support builds that do no damage and think they’re useful when running dungeons.

Took me ages to make this info-graphic style build. Why did I make it? Because whenever i browse through builds it gets really boring reading through walls of text with no visual appeal. So i helped make this look good so you won’t be bored reading through it.

But after playing for a very, very long time, this is the build I found to be comfortable in. If I influence any of you to use this build, I’d be grateful.

Thanks!

Attachments:

(edited by Sxalpha.5063)

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

Please use a less distracting font next time.

in Guardian

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

In its entirety this build is not a good idea for dungeons.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

in Guardian

Posted by: Sxalpha.5063

Sxalpha.5063

@ZoroDaOtter Sorry about that. I’ll try use more balanced font if there is a next time.

@swiftpaw Why? I would love to learn.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Not a bad build. It should work for lots of things. Be prepared to hear some critics who think you should only run 10/25/0/10/25 for dungeons. There are some who think you absolutely HAVE to run this or your build is considered bad. There is no room for adjustment.

I also like the graphic sytle you put in. Looks like a good presentation. I agree with the font being reduced a little to make it easier to read.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

There are some who think you absolutely HAVE to run this or your build is considered bad. There is no room for adjustment.

No, he can run whatever he likes to run. But that the merits of the build stand or fall on their own, independently. In this case the build is not at all good, except in comparison to some of the even worse offerings people post here.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

There are some who think you absolutely HAVE to run this or your build is considered bad. There is no room for adjustment.

No, he can run whatever he likes to run. But that the merits of the build stand or fall on their own, independently. In this case the build is not at all good, except in comparison to some of the even worse offerings people post here.

So what do you propose he do to “fix” the problem then? Why do you think it’s bad? The guy asked for help earlier and none of you optimum people seems willing to do that other than to say “the build is bad/not good.”

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

I do like the graphic. However I would not run this in WvW, at least not with those stats. 2.1k armor and 14k hp, with zero sustain. You’ll explode in seconds.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

love the graphics as well. saw this on reddit as well so am sure you’ve gathered a lot of info regarding the build itself.

keep it up!! let us know if you have any specific questions and will see if we can help ya.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

So what do you propose he do to “fix” the problem then? Why do you think it’s bad? The guy asked for help earlier and none of you optimum people seems willing to do that other than to say “the build is bad/not good.”

OK here are some specific suggestions…

1. Stop at 10 in Zeal. There is really no reason to go further into Zeal than this.
2. Minimum 15 in Radiance. This is the absolute minimum for any dps Guardian build. There is no reason to go fewer than 25, really.
3. The best breakpoints for Honor outside of a hammer build are 5/10/25. Any other number is inefficient.
4. Staff isn’t worth using outside of FotM or trash runs. Even in an Empowering Might gs I wouldnt use staff on full time swap.
5. Sigil of Battle? How is that at all better than Sigil of Night/Sigil of X Slaying? It isn’t.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

1. Stop at 10 in Zeal. There is really no reason to go further into Zeal than this.
2. Minimum 15 in Radiance. This is the absolute minimum for any dps Guardian build. There is no reason to go fewer than 25, really.
3. The best breakpoints for Honor outside of a hammer build are 5/10/25. Any other number is inefficient.
4. Staff isn’t worth using outside of FotM or trash runs. Even in an Empowering Might gs I wouldnt use staff on full time swap.
5. Sigil of Battle? How is that at all better than Sigil of Night/Sigil of X Slaying? It isn’t.

1. Is debatable, but I’m not going to argue the points with you there. Someone else can if they want to.
2. Why? I know why, but there might be other forum readers that don’t.
3. Same as #2, although, again, I could debate that but don’t want to.
4. I can think of several other uses than what you listed, but I also don’t like to run with staff that much so…..
5. Sigil of night is only good with night time stuffs. Sigil of Slaying X is highly specialized. Are you going to carry a load of Sigils and swap them out everytime you do something different? I certainly hope you’re not suggesting that.

Also, your response is assuming dungeon speed runs and doing nothing else?

in Guardian

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

1. Is debatable, but I’m not going to argue the points with you there. Someone else can if they want to.
4. I can think of several other uses than what you listed, but I also don’t like to run with staff that much so…..
5. Sigil of night is only good with night time stuffs. Sigil of Slaying X is highly specialized. Are you going to carry a load of Sigils and swap them out everytime you do something different? I certainly hope you’re not suggesting that.

1. Because the best trait in the entire line comes at the 10 point. None of the other Major traits are nearly as compelling.
2. Synergy with Fiery Wrath in Zeal and because Blind Exposure is OP. 25 gets you to another 10% dps breakpoint and more chance to crit, which are both great.
3. Then my point stands.
4. Ibid
5. 5 of the 8 dungeons and over half of the fractals are night time so sigil of night is broadly applicable. Of the daytime dungeons, Arah is the only one that truly benefits a lot from a slaying sigil. If you think carrying a second greatsword and second offhand is going over the top you wouldn’t want to see the inventory of any of my characters. Also, if you think that is unrealistic min/maxing why even bother debating builds at all? If you’re too casual to carry an undead slaying greatsword and a night greatsword youre too casual to worry about builds on a forum.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

1. Because the best trait in the entire line comes at the 10 point. None of the other Major traits are nearly as compelling.
2. Synergy with Fiery Wrath in Zeal and because Blind Exposure is OP. 25 gets you to another 10% dps breakpoint and more chance to crit, which are both great.
3. Then my point stands.
4. Ibid
5. 5 of the 8 dungeons and over half of the fractals are night time so sigil of night is broadly applicable. Of the daytime dungeons, Arah is the only one that truly benefits a lot from a slaying sigil. If you think carrying a second greatsword and second offhand is going over the top you wouldn’t want to see the inventory of any of my characters. Also, if you think that is unrealistic min/maxing why even bother debating builds at all? If you’re too casual to carry an undead slaying greatsword and a night greatsword youre too casual to worry about builds on a forum.

3. Still didn’t explain why?
4. What?!
5. You didn’t mention only using Sigil of Night and only Sigil of Undead Slaying. You said sigil of X slaying. Why didn’t you just state that instead of X Slaying? Not everyone runs dungeons all the time and knows them. Min/max’ing effeciency is your motto, not mine. Keep in mind you’d have to craft several Ascended weapons to keep with the sigils.

Also, I’m not the one debating, you are. I’m just asking you to clarify yourself for the benefit of the community rather than saying a much less meaningful “your build sucks” commentary.

Also, don’t call me casual in that context, it’s very insulting and rude.

in Guardian

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

3. Then my point stands.
4. Ibid

3. Still didn’t explain why?
4. What?!
5. You didn’t mention only using Sigil of Night and only Sigil of Undead Slaying. You said sigil of X slaying. Why didn’t you just state that instead of X Slaying? Not everyone runs dungeons all the time and knows them. Min/max’ing effeciency is your motto, not mine. Keep in mind you’d have to craft several Ascended weapons to keep with the sigils.

Also, I’m not the one debating, you are. I’m just asking you to clarify yourself for the benefit of the community rather than saying a much less meaningful “your build sucks” commentary.

Also, don’t call me casual in that context, it’s very insulting and rude.

3, You didn’t ask me to explain why. You said you weren’t going to debate it.
4. Ibid means “same as above”
5. You said carrying slaying sigils and night sigils is too deep, which is casual any way you slice it. I didn’t mean it in a pejorative manner.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

in Guardian

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

The build is interesting, but the infographic is BONKERS!!! (in a good way). I like the amount of thinking you put into your build, and how you go over all of it.

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.

(edited by Finnway.2183)

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

Never knew the dude in the SY! graphic had a goatee

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Caveat: I didn’t read anyone’s post here because i see the typical “OMG this build isn’t DPS so it sucks”. Unfortunately, my own opinion of the build itself isn’t much less negative.

1. I found some statements contradictory within your infographic and to already known assessments. For instance, you say that precision scales the worst for damage compared to power/crit damage (not sure I agree) but then you say zerker is the armor to use because you don’t want Vitality in the secondary spot, even though you push Vitality in your EHP and as a reason to choose Honour. This isn’t the only inconsistency.

Also, I think this might shine some light on the whole damage breakpoints for you and your build:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Damage-Power-Precision-and-Golden-Ratios/first#content

For this reason, I believe you have made some decisions in your build based on faulty information or logic. I’m just not sure what to think.

2. It’s a ‘good for everything’ build, or you claim. I’m starting to form the opinion that there really isn’t a good reason to not swap builds and reset traits depending on the content you want to do, so for that reason, I’m out.

The infographic is refreshing though. I like that part. (please make your links in the graphic clickable or add them to your original post) My only real suggestion is that people, generally, should be careful about their own opinions about where their builds are good and focus more on what the builds do and where they are applicable. That way you avoid the inevitable arguments about how ‘good’ or ‘bad’ your build is.

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Never knew the dude in the SY! graphic had a goatee

o snap. my life is change.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: DrPhro.5976

DrPhro.5976

I don’t know how much of a problem this actually is, but my main concern is with the skill empower itself. It has a 2.5s cast time which can take a lot away from dps if you plan to keep it up and it leaves you quite vulnerable. Also, a 600 radius can be pretty inconsistent in a pug. I feel that if you were organized enough to keep it useful then you’d be organized enough to just throw down a fire field. Out of personal curiosity can you show the math that says 10 more in zeal is only 1% off from the 25 in radiance? It seems unlikely that it could make up for radiant power and the 14% crit chance, and i’m sure it leaves out the additional might and vuln from VoJ (but I understand why that’d be left out of a calc.) In any case it looks like it plays intuitively which is a plus for players trying to branch out, and the information is segmented nicely so it’s easy to follow your points.