Inscribed Removal and pvp

in Guardian

Posted by: rush in man.4506

rush in man.4506

Radiance Master Trait IX Inscribed Removal: Using a signet cures a condition on you.

first let me ask you, when was the last time you used that trait? my guess answer would most likely be never. Since after resent patch they have done nothing to change some of most awful traits in the game like this one and XII Perfect inscription. i have an idea of how this forgotten trait can be much more beneficial to us all.

my idea is to add condition immunity to this trait.
this is how i see it in my head.
Inscribed Removal-Using a signet cures a condition on you cured condition can not apply on you for 5 seconds.
Thats all there is such a small change can bring more versatility to guardian build to deal with condition tanking.
This allows to stop replying of the same condition over and over again.
Example (PvP) if bleed,poison,vulnerability is constantly being stacked on you, you cannot remove other condition like weakness therefore you can not pressure with damage. if you use this trait you have a better chance of being on offensive then defensive trying to keep stacks of condition off of you.

[SBI]
Guard(dhuum), Mesmer(Lyssa), Warrior(Dwaina)
Lvl50 Fractal, Lvl531 WvW

in Guardian

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I used to use it in an experimental burning-burst hybrid build that took signets, but I swapped it to a medi build instead since that just worked way better. It generally very hard to justify taking those traits simply due to the other stuff you have to not take in order to fit them, and also the fact that signets are just not as all-around useful as most other utilities.

They could perhaps combine those two traits into something (i.e. put both effects on the grandmaster perfect inscriptions trait) and just insert a new trait to do something else (whether relate to signets or not). That way, you wouldn’t need to devote two traits to get those benefits and could fit more of the good stuff in your trait selections.

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

yeah, generally guardians using signets are also going burning in spvp, so they have condi removal while doing their condi dmg

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

I’ve experimented with Signets while building around “high annoyance” in sPvP. This trait is relatively uselss compared to other traits (especially at that level), but if you’re taking a lot of Signets (say 3), you forgo almost all reliable condition removal. This is a way to shore that up. It’s not uncommon (both here and in other games) to have a final trait to be something that tones down a weakness of that build.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

The trait isn’t necessarily useless so much as signets themselves are. Like spirit weapons, signet builds have never really found a place in any meta. Unlike spirit weapons, however, Anet still hasn’t taken notice of this and done anything about it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

The trait isn’t necessarily useless so much as signets themselves are. Like spirit weapons, signet builds have never really found a place in any meta. Unlike spirit weapons, however, Anet still hasn’t taken notice of this and done anything about it.

I was wondering recently whether the metrics Anet has access to actually show Signets as underused by Guardians. I’m thinking that maybe during leveling or easier solo-content a (silent) majority of players might actually opt for Signets, since they don’t require a lot of upkeep to make work.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

I am not sure why do you think 5 sec immune to condition isn’t OP and specially on every Signet I use?

I am not saying Guardian’s Signet don’t need a buff instead I would love to see some love for them like Anet did to Ele’s Signet buff.

As for the Inscribed Removal, maybe allow it to remove 2 conditions instead of one or one specific condition(poision, immobile etc.) + 1 condition.

All is vain.

in Guardian

Posted by: SilkySmooth.1574

SilkySmooth.1574

the traits arent THAT bad. the problem is that signets are completely useless. all they add is extra base stats. 180 power/180 condi dmg? thats like 3-4 mightstacks to get the equal amount. if we had usefull signets like a warrior(or thief) has, the traits wouldnt be that useless.

the active skills are even worse then the passive. the knockdown lands only like 1/3 times and the immobe isnt needed either. maby if we had a trait which makes them instant, it would be usefull to combine it with a burst.

Gemcaster

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

This ^ really.

Signet of resolve is alright. Not as good as shelter in most cases but alright.

Signet of wrath, the immobilize is good in some situations but the condition damage is crap, even with a burning build there are far better options.

Signet of mercy. Where to start for this
1: Extra healing power is just a waste as you can never stack enough to make up for stupid people
2: The revive is single target (where others are multi target)
3: Has a very very (longer then other classes) long CD.
4: The revive requires you to be standing on top of your target.
5: The revive also has a 3 & 3/4 sec casting time. (may as well just normally revive them)

Bane signet, eh the power is nice. That being said
1: The CD is very very long (as a low CC class having this on such a long CD hurts.)
2: The activation is single target, telegraphed to the extreme and slow.

The traits for signets are also pretty lack luster.

Signet mastery, could use some type of activation bonus (like necro’s and several other classes have).
Inscribed removal, given how condition heavy the meta is anymore could almost stand to remove 2 conditions at a time. Or perhaps heal if a condition is removed.

Perfect inscriptions, well it just sucks. Perhaps it would be nice if it were a copy paste of elementalist’s “Written in stone” or gave a second bonus (+30 precision for each signet equipped would be great, or they could make it grant AEGIS or protection when a signet is used.)

(edited by Ragnar the Rock.3174)

in Guardian

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

The problem is that Perfect Inscriptions is how the Signets are balanced compared to cooldown.

1. Perfect Inscriptions should just be removed and every Signet then can have its base cooldown reduced by 15%-20%.

2. Several of the Signets also need to be moved to instant or 1/4 second cast times like other classes (except Signet of Resolve/Signet of Mercy). Signet of Wrath active is the biggest offender.

3. Add to Signet of Mercy’s passive to 25% increased movement speed and make it an Elite?

4. Change Signet of Judgement’s Active to Blind target and/or give Aegis boon to Guardian.

5. Combine Inscribed Removal/Signet Mastery together.

6. Add a Burn (3s) (or Torment???) on Signet use trait to target.

(edited by Artaz.3819)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

The problem is that Perfect Inscriptions is how the Signets are balanced compared to cooldown.

1. Perfect Inscriptions should just be removed and every Signet then can have its base cooldown reduced by 15%-20%.

2. Several of the Signets also need to be moved to instant or 1/4 second cast times like other classes (except Signet of Resolve/Signet of Mercy). Signet of Wrath active is the biggest offender.

3. Add to Signet of Mercy’s passive to 25% increased movement speed and make it an Elite?

4. Change Signet of Judgement’s Active to Blind target and/or give Aegis boon to Guardian.

5. Combine Inscribed Removal/Signet Mastery together.

6. Add a Burn (3s) (or Torment???) on Signet use trait to target.

1: Agree completely with lowering the CD of some signets (bane, wrath/mercy). Perfect inscriptions however should just have its effect changed.

2: Also agree with speeding up signet cast time (mercy especially, having to stand over the target, only rezzing one target & using a 3+ sec cast time is crap. May as well normally rez them)

3: Idk about that. Mercy could definitely use better passives/actives but run speed doesn’t really fir with it.

4: Idk, I actually prefer the weakness it does to a blind. Blinds only last for 1 attack where as the weakness lasts for 5 seconds. The retaliation could stand to be changed though.

5: Completely agree that inscribed removal & signet mastery are under powered.
What if they made signet mastery also grant 3 stacks of might for 10 seconds when a signet is used (several other classes have this).
Inscribed removal could also be changed so that it granted multiple stacks of might if a condition is removed, Or it could be changed to grant protection (say 4 sec) when a signet is used.

6: Burning is already so widely used that anymore would be useless. Torment or confusion could have a place in some guardian builds, but we are unlikely to see them soon because Anet things burning alone is great for some reason.

Also I would suggest a change for for “perfect Inscriptions”

Perfect Inscriptions: Gain +25 precision for each signet you have equipped & whenever you activate a signet you are healed for 2000 (effected at around 10% by healing power)

Lastly I would suggest they change signet of wrath. Why ? Because +condition damage sucks for guardians & will continue to unless they add more damaging conditions to the guardian kitten nal or drastically rework how burning scales.
The change I would suggest is the following.

Signet of Wrath: Passive: Increases movement speed by 25%
Active : Immobilize the target for 3 seconds, cast time 1/2 second, range 1200, CD 25 seconds.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I’ve always thought a 25% movement speed elite signet would open up a ton of build diversity. Enough to keep us in fights, but not too much to let us disengage easily.

But then how would perfect inscriptions work with it? I can’t see a 30% passive speed boost at all times being very balanced, especially for guardians. Of course not all traits work with elites though (iirc engi elixirs).

Would be nice to see the signets and traits get reworked. All 4 utility passives are just boring stat boosts (power, healing. condition damage and toughness), and the actives really aren’t anything impressive. IMO signets were in worst shape than spirit weapons, it was just easier to slap a band aid on them for a quick fix.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I could certainly see a “condition application on signet use” effect added to a current trait. Might on use would also be nice, and though there already is a Rune that applies aegis on signet use, I think we could afford a duplication of that or something.

I’m thinking of how these traits could play nice with others in our lines, and there could certainly be an aegis build, built around multiple applications of aegis, and gathering the effects of breaking aegis (or of course, unscathed contender). Likewise, you could even have a Symbol of Torment, which could play into not only a condition build, but Symbol access regardless of weapon.

Now that I think about it, Spirit Weapons would work much better with actives applying symbols rather than their current effects. It would certainly play nice with the Zeal traits, and provide a good Zeal/Honor combo. I could just imagine symbol bombing becoming a thing (Individual symbol damage taken into account of course).

Fishsticks