Interview with a top guardian (Azshene)

in Guardian

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

Hey guys I wanna thank you so much for a 100 subs so far and I will continue uploading videos everyday
I am trying my best to provide you guys with the best content possible and therefore i had the honour to invite Azshene of Team Curse to an interview to share his opinion about his class the game and the current meta
Also he told me a few tipps and tricks for new guardians!
I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did and much more interviews with top players will follow!
As always leave a like and subscribe to my channel if you want more

Link to the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyE4JhY7Jfk

Link to the channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialSensotix

(edited by Sensotix.4106)

in Guardian

Sensotix.4106

More to come soon

in Guardian

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

subscribed Just made a guardian because of this! LOVE it

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Guardian

Sensotix.4106

awesome! glad you liked it!

in Guardian

Posted by: Smirnoffico.8235

Smirnoffico.8235

Sound levels are too off. Interviewers voice is low and the answers are too loud, it maks it hard to listen to the interview

in Guardian

Sensotix.4106

yes i realized that and its fixed already for the next interview

in Guardian

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

yea this really gives a better insight on guardian the class itself aswell as much needed info about how strong the condition meta is to be forcing a class into 1 build alone its kinda ridiculous. I think anet really needs to take some time and check out the class forums for threads like this one.

And tbh i think once conditions go down guardians will be in the right spot alone without much needed buffs its just atm. mostly any class has little to no trouble taking out a guardian even good guardians cant hang long with all the condition spam thats going on its like everyone is running full conditions at this point i mean thats got to say something in itself like its the only build left for some classes or just more bandwagon on the condition train because they got buffed.

Since ive always wanted to play a guardian i guess ill give his build a shot honestly ive been looking for builds but can never find a good one that works in this meta.

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

Nice video and it was nice to hear one of the top Guardians opinion on things because I’ve been having a hard time in this condition Meta because I play a Zerker Guardian. I started thinking it was down to my skill as a player that I was having a tough time but apparently it’s the same for us all.

I honestly have to reach some transcendent enlightened state to keep up with the conditions I see bombarding my status bar and although I manage to keep up most of the time I still feel like it’s far too much effort and makes me want to have a nervous breakdown.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

(edited by tanshiniza.8629)

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

You lost me when you placed “Best” in the subject line and title of your video. Best, at best, is subjective.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

Sensotix.4106

I am really glad that the video helped you guys or like supported your opinion
i will try that more videos will like this will follow!

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Love the “Best Guardian In Game” opinion.

Classic. Hopefully it’ll get you more ‘hits’ then respect.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Kwll.1468

Kwll.1468

There are a lot of great guardians just being on the best team doesn’t make you all the best at your classes necessarily. That would make Mario Chalmers the best pg in the NBA since he played on the Miami Heat. My personal opinion is that Stunningstyles is the best pvp guardian I’ve ever seen watching videos although he does not run a classic cookie cutter spec. Its also hard to believe anyone being more then marginally better then DaVinci as well. I am sure there are many others. Put to downplay all the experience Team Paradigm has playing together and how valuable it is and just act like everyone is the best at there classes thats tripe.

(edited by Kwll.1468)

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Hmm, that’s funny. I don’t recall being interviewed….

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Dont use “Best” in your subject line. Thier are plenty of other guardians with different play styles and perspectives when it comes to PvP in GW2, being on the winning team does not make any one the “Best” at that class.

Best at 1v1?

- Best 1v1 against Necro’s
– Best 1v1 against Engi’s?
– Best 1v1 against other Guard’s?
– Best 1v1 against Ele’s?
– Best 1v1 against Thiefs?
– Best 1v1 against Warriors?
– Best 1v1 against Ranger’s?
– Best 1v1 against Mesmer’s?

Best at Bunkering?

- Best bunker against Necro’s
– Best bunker against Engi’s?
– Best bunker against other Guard’s?
– Best bunker against Ele’s?
– Best bunker against Thiefs?
– Best bunker against Warriors?
– Best bunker against Ranger’s?
– Best bunker against Mesmer’s?

Best Healing Spec?

- Best self healing Spec?
– Best group healing Spec?

Best DPS Spec?

Best Condi removal Spec?
– Best group condi removal?
– Best self condi removal?

With so many builds and play styles, when you place “Best” infront of any one, that just completly disregards all other builds and players out there.

Thanks for the support though.

Crazy Leg

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Last three posts alone is why I said my $0.02 worth. Then again, I don’t buy into the whole check out my channel, subscribe, et al.

Anyway, Stunningstyles gets kudo’s because he key clicks On a more serious note the OP should really rethink this whole best thing and look at the forum has a whole. Herein likes many different posters who discuss builds, provide factual information on formulas, debate said formulas, correct them, offer builds, advise, videos, and many other things never which any of them say they are the best. There, I think that about sums it up nicely.

And while it is Football season in the U.S. here is what best could be defined has outside Webster’s. The 1972 Miami Dolphins were the first team in NFL history to go undefeated. I won’t even go into the offensive or defensive stats or running backs with over 1,000 yards. The point is they went from 0 to 17 wins and the Super Bowl.

That, my fellow GW2 player, is what “BEST” is. And I’m not even a dolphin fan, go figure.

in Guardian

Sensotix.4106

renamed it just to make you guys happy <3

in Guardian

Divinity.8041

I am curious what role he plays on the team, he is a bunker? You just sit on a node and defend and ask teammates for help?

Or do I go to mid and help team out?

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

I’ve been watching your videos for about a week now, I love your videos man!!! Keep up the good work

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Amins.3710

renamed it just to make you guys happy <3

You do realize you did not change anything…. right?

~insert~ “A”

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Top Guardian meet Best Guardian.

Pot meet Kettle.

in Guardian

Sensotix.4106

well i changed the title and now i changed the post as well

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

That pot is still just as black as the kettle. I’m just saying.
/shrug

in Guardian

Divinity.8041

Guys you need to chill, azs is on a team 99.9% of you will never be on, so please show some respect.

So I assume everyone who hated on the term best must be from team CC or something, because those are the ONLY people who can poo on him right now.

Love when randoms hate on star players like they are even in the same universe.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Guardian

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

I love when people give some sorta celebrity status to people who are good at a flawed, broken game.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alexei.4698

Alexei.4698

This thread delivers.

OCCUPY ORR!!!

in Guardian

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

I agree with a lot of the points he made about the condition meta, but most of it seemed like common knowledge. I think adding the tag “best” will deter a lot of players from watching/caring about these interviews though; regardless of how much s/tPvP we do or how skilled or unskilled we consider ourselves compared to someone who happens to be on a team with 4 other solid players, some of us are going to feel depreciated by terms like that. Not to say he isn’t good, just that being the “best” is a group effort. It’s hard to say another Guardian of similar skill couldn’t fill his spot just as well.

Respect to the player for being highly ranked, less respect to the interviewer for slapping a subjective term onto the interview and putting it in our faces like we’re all lesser players. My point is that people probably aren’t upset about him being really good. They’re upset about a third party making the rest of us “worse” players when ranks are based on team effort/coordination and not on single player skill.

I hope that the interviewer will consider this when posting future videos. It will save him some bad press/dislikes/possible YouTube troll comments.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

(edited by Christos de Soufre.3802)

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Guys you need to chill, azs is on a team 99.9% of you will never be on, so please show some respect.

Again, why people are pointing out best is subjective. You further muddy the water by saying something asinine has 99.9% of us will never be on a equal caliber team. That my fellow guardian, is silly.

So I assume everyone who hated on the term best must be from team CC or something, because those are the ONLY people who can poo on him right now.

You are reading way to much into this. We simply stated the term BEST is subjective. If you want attention then start threads like this. However, if you want to post something that people will actually watch and provide feedback, then think about how you are displaying or providing the content.

I can probably name 5 to 10 players on this forum alone who have done more for the guardian community than the OP and the so called “BEST” player. You want to know what the funny thing is? I wouldn’t be alone. I think you are the one that needs to take a step back and reread what people wrote.

If I was the OP, and I’m not, I’d either delete the thread and restart or make changes like people suggested. Ironically those that recommended the changes outweigh those who are calling said people @sshats.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

^^ oh look… he’s got a follower!

/golfclap.

EDIT: Removed a bunch of derogatories… Cuz I’m feeling nice today.

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Sensotix.4106

so i have read all your posts and i didnt intend to offend u i cant even really believe that you feel like you must suck only because it was written there that he is a top guard…and seriously nobody can deny that he is one of the best guardians ingame he has been playing in the top 10 lb for over 3 months now and has won several tournaments with his team….i agree that the team wins and not the single person itself…but after thinking a bit…if you are in a top 10 lb team what kind of guard would you take? of course one of the best…thats why i wrote top guard now

in Guardian

Sensotix.4106

also i have changed the post now and i would be happy for feedback

in Guardian

Sensotix.4106

I am curious what role he plays on the team, he is a bunker? You just sit on a node and defend and ask teammates for help?

you actually try to hold mid and sometimes help on sidenotes if there are 3 vs 3s or 4 vs 4s but then dont forget to tell smbdy of your team to bunker mid for the time you are at the sidenode

in Guardian

Sensotix.4106

I’ve been watching your videos for about a week now, I love your videos man!!! Keep up the good work

Awesome thanks!

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

and seriously nobody can deny that he is one of the best guardians ingame

See, here you go again. Is it really that difficult to understand what people are telling you? Best is subjective. What makes you think he is the best compared to anyone else playing the game today? I mean seriously, how hard is this to understand?

People have asked what he does for the community. Does he post builds? Does he theory craft with other members? Does he critique builds, offer advise to people playing the game and reading these forums? Is he an active member of probably the best forum/community on the GW2 official forums?

Are we talking about America or Europe? Are you going solely based on player vs. player? If so, why? There are achievements and other things to consider when talking about best. There are over 3 million people playing this game and your boy isn’t even ranked one looking at the stats right now. Then again we also all know the reporting criteria in this game is horrid at best.

My advise? Take the constructive feedback, delete the thread, and start over but your mileage may vary I guess. I’ll give you a gold star though for gaining a lot of attention.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Nice interview, it’s always good to see the guardian from another solid players perspective.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Simple fix dude.

“Interview with one of the top guardians”.

That’s it.

If you’re going to be big on hosting, it’s good to get peoples attention w/ a catchy Subject Title… but you also need to be aware of the context and actual reaction you want to get.

Look at things from all angles.. Understand the words you use.

If you meant it to be singular… as in ~he is the best, undisputed~, then you need to back it up w/in the content of your posts.

Otherwise, use choice words to still be ‘catchy’, but always… always always always… ~HEDGE YOUR BET~.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Sensotix.4106

Simple fix dude.

That’s it.

If you’re going to be big on hosting, it’s good to get peoples attention w/ a catchy Subject Title… but you also need to be aware of the context and actual reaction you want to get.

If you meant it to be singular… as in ~he is the best, undisputed~, then you need to back it up w/in the content of your posts.

Otherwise, use choice words to still be ‘catchy’, but always… always always always… ~HEDGE YOUR BET~.

I think its alright now isnt it? because well i can say with 100% that he is a top guardian which doesnt mean he is the best now

in Guardian

Sensotix.4106

Nice interview, it’s always good to see the guardian from another solid players perspective.

Glad you enjoyed it

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Simple fix dude.

That’s it.

I think its alright now isnt it? because well i can say with 100% that he is a top guardian which doesnt mean he is the best now

I honestly don’t really care. It’s monday and I was taking a ‘poke’, just cuz i’m feeling awnry.

Having said that, there’s something to be taken away from this…

~With Top Guardian~. Singular. Top, none other above. Best… All the same.

Make it plural….

“A Top Guardian”… Meaning, there can be more than one. Others.. There are lots of “tops”…

“One of the Top”….

If you make the statement Plural (more than one.. pertaining to more than one person or thing), you don’t step on toes, but still create this sense of “Oh kitten, I should check it out” feeling within your reader.

Just saying.

Good interview btw.

PS: Also, creating controversy increases readership/view counts… there’s no such thing as bad publicity.. /grin.

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Can’t believe so many people got upset over a title…

Anyways nice job. Look forward to seeing more.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Well that is easy Harbinger

Define best.

in Guardian

Posted by: Red.3572

Red.3572

Honestly this thread would be incredibly entertaining if it wasn’t so pathetically sad… If the player in question wasn’t one of the best ‘known’ guardians around, I might be able to understand the entirely immeasurable kitten, but just wow…

It’s incredibly disappointing seeing good players get so bent out of shape over some superficial nonsense…

Nice interview btw though. If you can get Teldo, Ostrich, or Super in there next, that’d be pretty cool.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

^^ It’s not about getting bent.

If the OP is going to start down the path of an “Interviewer”, he/she needs to be mindful of what they’re writing and what they’re trying to convey.

Because all those other guys you just mentioned (Teldo, Ostrich, Super), are now sub-par Guardians….. and how does one (an interviewer) follow up w/ the next story seing as how you’ve just done “the best”…

Careers over dude. Best Retire.

And I ~HIGHLY~ doubt that is the case.

Semantics, yes, however it’s an important lesson to take away.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Red.3572

Red.3572

^^ It’s not about getting bent.

If the OP is going to start down the path of an “Interviewer”, he/she needs to be mindful of what they’re writing and what they’re trying to convey.

Because all those other guys you just mentioned (Teldo, Ostrich, Super), are now sub-par Guardians….. and how does one (an interviewer) follow up w/ the next story seing as how you’ve just done “the best”…

Careers over dude. Best Retire.

And I ~HIGHLY~ doubt that is the case.

Semantics, yes, however it’s an important lesson to take away.

What ‘Guardians’ did I mention? Haha… Pathetic.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Minor mistake. Take your sad rebuttal back under the rock you came from.

Thanks for your contributing words… /facepalm

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Define best.

Best: Excelling all others.

Has Azshene shown this? Yes in some forms.

True the title could have been worded better. Example; Interview with one of the top Guardians (Azshene), but I’m not going to throw some hissy fit over it.

At least the OP took the time other of their day to make a video and an interview. I don’t see anyone else here doing it. So don’t belittle him just because of personal ego trips.

That’s all I’m going to say about this because I HATE trivial post and discussions like this.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Amins.3710

I don’t think anyones’ belittling him Harbinger… in fact, almost everyone has said it was a good interview.

Maybe, just a bit of ~constructive criticism~ w/ some teeth.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

Crapgame.6519

Define best.

Best: Excelling all others.

Has Azshene shown this? Yes in some forms.

This is a game whereas over 3 million people play. It is pretty kitten hard to declare anyone person has being best. That is all we are trying to get the OP to see. It really isn’t easy when you have EMEA, America’s, and at some point Asia joining the fray. Furthermore, need we mention rating decay here?

True the title could have been worded better. Example; Interview with one of the top Guardians (Azshene), but I’m not going to throw some hissy fit over it.

See, we can agree…

At least the OP took the time other of their day to make a video and an interview. I don’t see anyone else here doing it. So don’t belittle him just because of personal ego trips.

Here you missed the boat I’m afraid because no one belittled him. Everyone already stated several times it is the way it was set up. Moving alone it would be wise to avoid the term “BEST” when there is no single way to measure it.

See the point there? The game in its current state does not allow best to be shown in any logical sense. It is just an opinion. Now, if this was DaOC or any other game with a quality leader board then I’d be 100% behind the OP because it can be measured.

Key word: MEASURE.

That’s all I’m going to say about this because I HATE trivial post and discussions like this.

Yeah, I need to move along because I for one (points at myself) have already kicked the bee’s nest and killed the horse two ways to Tuesday.

in Guardian

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Might be a parody of Athene’s WoW video when he called himself the best paladin in the world? They do have similar names lol.

in Guardian

Divinity.8041

you actually try to hold mid and sometimes help on sidenotes if there are 3 vs 3s or 4 vs 4s but then dont forget to tell smbdy of your team to bunker mid for the time you are at the sidenode

LOL I have been holding side nodes and doing very well in solo q. Will try mid more!

Am I a bunker? Was I playing this wrong?

is a 10/30/30 more of a side bunker spec?

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

(edited by Divinity.8041)

in Guardian

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

egos, egos everywhere

i am actually the best (*flame shield on)