Is Spirit weapon build any good?

in Guardian

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I’m only level 37, and I played a spirit weapon build and I loved it.

Am I gimping myself for doing so when I use a spirit weapon build at level 80? This would be for PvE/dungeons.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

I find full spirit weapon build great in sPvP, but in PvE you’d rather take shouts like “Save yourselves”, “Retreat”, “Stand your ground” and other utils like Purging flames or Wall of reflection.
I do advice to take Shield of Judgment now and then, and especially on dungeons heavily infested with ranged mobs

1+1 = potato

in Guardian

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Let say that I want to be a full dps guardian build?

Is the spirit weapon build a terrible dps build compared to other guardian dps build?

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

with spirit weapon u use zeal trait line which is fail i don’t recommend spirit build because they last like 30 sec with 45 sec CD and everyone can run away from you in that time and i would especially if you pop up spirit hammer i would wait for it to go away and then full burst you.

in Guardian

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Dunno about a build, since Zeal is not good for us.. But I occassionly use spiritweapons to put preassure on my enemies.
Also if they worked a bit more like the rangers spirits in terms of the CD it would be better.. That would mean you would be able to have sword up nearly permanent (except for the casting time).
Which I would find better.. In fact I think you maybe should chose one spirit weapon to have permanent and the others could be called.. Would look neat for a norn guardian with mistfire wolf.

Though if that happens ofc they had to nerf the dmg a bit maybe.. Or maye not.. Well nearly perma spirit weapons thank you, and no I do not find it op:) okay the hammer can be annoying, but mostly the AI is so lame so I can easily escape em or focus down the guardian:D

in Guardian

Posted by: KensaiZen.3740

KensaiZen.3740

Spirit weapon builds are viable for PvE. I pretty much lvled to 80 using a spirit weapon build as it felt like it was having a personal party

Spirit weapon builds work best with sceptre and torch or sceptre/focus.

Try to alternate between hammer and sword to have 100% uptime on at least 1 spirit weapon. Pop both if you need the DPS or are fighting a group. Also, if you play as Human Guardian, You can summon Hounds of balthazaar for extra 2 attackers for DPS. That’s like a 5 man party! (kind of

I wouldn’t recommend it in PvP or WvW. The AI and attack speed for spirit weapons is very bad. Hammer is viable for control but not for DPS. The shield is fantastic for WvW. Sword and bow is pretty bad.

Winters Ascension The White Guardian
Sophia Theos Beast Master
[Fissure of Woe]

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

I think the answer to this is both yes and no. Spirit Weapons have quite some problems (such as not being able to take all the Spirit Weapon traits in the same build) to build around. They work pretty well as long as they’re out and have a couple of traits to support them, but you’re losing a lot of power when your Spirit Weapons are on cooldown.

So, short answer: Spirit Weapons have potential, but they take a bit too much effort to get them there.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Artighur.4079

Artighur.4079

I would add that the Shield is probably the most awesome thing in Fractals, Hammer and Sword are decent, especially if you are not running a DPS build since they have a decent base damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Spirit Weapons have quite some problems (such as not being able to take all the Spirit Weapon traits in the same build) to build around..

Why not ??
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUEQRApf7dlcgSBHCSGEgIFRWBWapYg9r6x+kX+wKoRA

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

For PvE I used: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=http%3A%2F%2Fen.gw2codex.com%2Fbuild%2F22959-pve-spirit-knight

It was pretty good, consistent ranged damage while the weapons are up and control from the hammer.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Spirit Weapons have quite some problems (such as not being able to take all the Spirit Weapon traits in the same build) to build around..

Why not ??

I misremembered and should have checked. I apologize for the faulty information.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Why not ??

I misremembered and should have checked. I apologize for the faulty information.

nop

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.