Is dh what i need? Lfadvice

in Guardian

Posted by: brawson.8260

brawson.8260

So, I just started gw2 with 2 rl friends. Our goal is to eventually have a viable comp and the essential skill needed to 3 man roam. We want to be able to have the sustain to 3vx. My friends decided on thief and Mesmer, which I assume leaves the need for a tankier support role. Would dh be a good / relatively viable option for this? Thanks a ton ahead of time for the help.

in Guardian

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

just go whichever profession you like most man

in Guardian

Posted by: brawson.8260

brawson.8260

I will but what I like most is picking a role that best supports my team effectively enough for us to be able to sustain fights. Unfortunately I’m too new and just don’t have time to play each class to get a good enough idea as to what I would choose. But I respect your answer.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Guardian would be a good choice for that, though some people will chime in to QQ about how it doesn’t do it well enough compared to other professions. Frankly, for the core game, defensive support is not as favoured as offensive support because the only strategy you need in core is to kill stuff faster than it can kill you, though if you play what you like, it shouldn’t matter.

in Guardian

Skyline Crash.6254

dh is a good option for balanced gameplay. if you want a LOT of sustain (i.e. healing) go druid (ranger elite spec)

oh and honestly, this game isnt like others. you dont NEED a support to do well. so again, play whatever you like

if i were you, i would make a character of each profession, go through the starting instance (i think human is pretty quick) and go straight to pvp. it only takes like 5 minutes each character and then you can test each profession freely

(edited by Skyline Crash.6254)

in Guardian

Skyline Crash.6254