Is it bad I love mace?

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

I been feeling guilty..I’ve built a burn blocking build with a mace..I like the healing and symbol it has and the blocking attack. I feel guilty because everyone says it’s a crap weapon but it’s one of the few I like. =/

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

It is a pretty good burst weapon in pvp due to the heavy hits, but it is slower in dps due to slow attacks.

It works well enough in pve with symbols and mostly stationary combat, but has lower dps with the trade off of the group support via healing proc and regeneration boon.

Generally not needed, it can still be built to do ok damage and assist a less polished group in pve content.

Additionally the aoe block for some fights works better than blinds would on bosses, so again more group utility.

If you like it, rock it, as long as you are comfortable with the lower dps and odd looks from others

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

it’s a good pvp weapon, nothing amazing in pve though… the block is nice for volcano fractal and mai trin though

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: Sketchy McBeardo.2874

Sketchy McBeardo.2874

While I know that CMF and Charak are correct, I’m feeling your mace love, Sunshine.

I’m not a veteran GW2 player, and I have not yet bothered to figure out all the math on how one thing is more effective than another, but just intuitively during the 30 or so levels of Guardian I’ve chugged through so far I can tell that the sword and greatsword are better weapons.

But the thump-thud of the mace is just so kitten satisfying! LOL

I’ve got a similar love for the torch, though I’m not sure how effective it is either. I just like vomiting a stream of blue fire all over my targets. ;P

If it brings you joy, play what you like.

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: xFireize.6318

xFireize.6318

What is this, a high school?

Bloo Foefire [RAM]
Yak’s Bend
Why bother being a Guardian if you don’t guard anyone?

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

CMF.5461

Is this an appropriate “you mad bro” time?

Joking aside, I recently was trying to build a damage oriented build with more sustain to solo dungeons or other types of random wander moments. Mace and Hammer work perfectly for those situations tied together with symbol heal.

Meshed together a berserker/magi set to maintain good crit chance, utilized a lot of might stacking with battle sigils and crit procs to make up for the lost power somewhat, and layered the healing ticks with symbol heal, vor, and regen.

Not as durable as a full bunker, but that isn’t the intent. Still trying to balance out the damage though, as it is lower in dps by about 300-500 damage in auto attack chains. Also been trying to pick fights in wvw to see how it goes. Stationary symbols never perform well, but wanted to test it out all the same.

Also picked up torch with the mace for the extra damage modifier, burning ticks, and when needed boon stripping (works wonders on karka)

Overall I’m actually pleased with it, and it is suitable for my more solo playstyle, but if you want to do organized dungeons, just run meta.

(edited by CMF.5461)

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Its an " ok " defensive weapon i also use it on wvw.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Mace is really for sPvP. But if you really like it stick with it. PLEASE just don’t join any dungeon run where they ask for speed run, exp, fast run, zerker, etc. Or you will be kick (with good reason).

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I actually used mace/focus for leveling because it made champ solo pretty fun

I hope they get around to re-vamping torch #5 and shield #4, its disappointing to see those go underused as well.

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

CMF.5461

in a cluster of people, torch 5 is pretty good condition removal support. shield 4 is a bit harder to justify, but I see what they were trying to do with it. Instead of full block we get a “half” block with 33% damage reduction that goes to a group.

Versus warrior shield which is 100% block for self only.

Engineer shield on the other hand provides stuns and projectile reflects, so that is what our shield 5 is, for bonus information.

We have the kitten version of a warrior and engineer shield with a focus on group utility. Not great for us, but useful for allies?

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It ranks 2nd place for my favourite farming weapons.

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

It’s my 2nd favorite weapon for pvp and I use a zerk dps symbol build. I don’t think there is anything that comes close to it when running full writs!

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: Moleless.1462

Moleless.1462

Mace works great with focus on a zerker build.
Pop shield of wrath: don’t wanna hit me? Take 5k damage to the face. You do wanna hit me? I’ll just pop protecters strike, take 5k damage to the face.

Admiral Beau
TC Commander
we need to pretect are big keep

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

There’s no denying there are better options, however.. it doesn’t mean it’s “bad” for you to like it.

Personally I love the mace aswell. The animations are nice and the symbol is great.

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: Noble.2670

Noble.2670

I like being sprayed with mace to, a satisfying sting, but seriously, if it’s what you enjoy use it, I think the mace is a great weapon with the regen extra symbol and block, I prefer it to sword myself, it all comes down to your play style and what you prefer, it’s a game, we play it because we enjoy it, so play it how you enjoy it :P

Stupid Seven [sM]
my vids: https://tinyurl.com/sevenddelem

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Thanks for the support! No I wouldn’t join a speed clear dungeon with a mace.. that sounds pretty tacky. I do wish shield was better. Shield skills just lack so bad.

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: Remorhas.2963

Remorhas.2963

Its never “Bad” that you like anything its just that A-net has a thing with starting you with the worst weapons and not many people find uses for it ill give you a secret though (I started my necro first and my Guard. got to 80 first and even I use the mace everyone once in a while.)

“I’ll regret the day you are something but now you are nothing”-Markiplier

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

Mace is fun .. i have 2 Guardian .. first is greatsword -Sword/Focus and my second one is Mace /Focus and Hammer

Here the build ( PVE ) :
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQNApdCnkIS1QWOE8DZi4BpyAJwc62r/1LHA-TRCBABGp8DgnAAOq/ArSQPOBApoPoq9HSw8XDHCASBExyI-e

It actually use the new heal skill Litany of wrath , each mediation skills give me 2K heal.
If you need a huge amount of heal you just need to activate Litany of wrath and then symbol of wrath or mighty blow … it works .. the third utility skill is blank so you fit what you need , a Shout , signet, consecration or another mediation skill like contemplation of purity if condition are a big problem.. The damage output is decent .. .. swap the trait focus mastery for scepter power for ranged situation. Not the most efficient build but im having fun and its different than my GS/Sword Guardian .

spamming Symbol of wrath then blast finish with Shield of Wrath produce the combo Arera retaliation … same for Ring of warding + mighty Blow , watch the mobs getting hit with big numbers. Just with the mace auto i Crit 1.5 , 2K damage per swing

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

Is it bad I love mace?

in Guardian

Posted by: JustCurious.3457

JustCurious.3457

You’re not alone!

I love my mace, use it all the time along with my Hammer, great for sustain with symbols.

Classes: Guardian, Elementalist, Warrior, Thief, Engineer, Herald