Is it just me or are guardians EVERYWHERE??

in Guardian

Posted by: Mongo.2490

Mongo.2490

So I finally ended up rolling a guardian and immediately loved it. I love smashing things with a giant hammer and having some nice supportive skills. Great melee/ranged hybrid.. lots of fun.

What is turning me off though is .. absolutely every other player I see is a guardian. It’s getting pretty ridiculous. I wish I was exaggerating but it’s like.. at least 40% of the other players I see are guardians. Now, I know that guardians are one of the more popular professions but I honestly thought elementalists and warriors would be at the same population .. and the rest of the professions only lagging behind slightly..

But I’m serious. I see guardians EVERYWHERE. I know there’s gonna be other guardians. I know there’s gonna be other guardians with the same race. Other guardians with the same race same appearance and proportions.., hell, some of them might even have a similar name. But this is just silly.

So please, help me. Is this all in my head? Do I just happen to be in guardian infested areas? Or is this profession really flooding the world? Because if it is, it really turns me off to the guardian.. and then I need to start the whole profession picking process all over.

Thanks for reading

in Guardian

Posted by: Wonderer.1790

Wonderer.1790

People like heavy armor classes in all mmo’s. Its not surprise. I honestly see as many warriors in WvW though.

80 Thief, 80 Warrior, working on Mesmer.

in Guardian

Posted by: Maiden England.3491

Maiden England.3491

I used to be the same exact way. Idk what happened but I just don’t see it anymore. the highest profession made is warrior and second highest is guardian, third being ele. I don’t remember where I saw this but it was some chart anet released. I do understand what you mean though… It is a bit wired, but not really true.

Street Regulator

in Guardian

Mongo.2490

I used to be the same exact way. Idk what happened but I just don’t see it anymore. the highest profession made is warrior and second highest is guardian, third being ele. I don’t remember where I saw this but it was some chart anet released. I do understand what you mean though… It is a bit wired, but not really true.

Thank you for this. I feel like I’m hallucinating and I need people to reel me back in, haha.

in Guardian

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

You’ve kind of answered your own query, OP. “I love guardian! Why are there so many other guardians?”

I don’t notice it as much. I see more warriors around than guardians.

in Guardian

Mongo.2490

You’ve kind of answered your own query, OP. “I love guardian! Why are there so many other guardians?”

I don’t notice it as much. I see more warriors around than guardians.

Haha yeah, I know. I guess I’ll throw that to every player enjoying a different playstyle. Just because I like it doesn’t mean everyone should.

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

Guardian is still one of the ‘God’ classes, closely following the true god class, the Mesmer. However, the Guardian is ridiculously easy to play with an incredible power in both PvE and PvP, and has an arsenal of amazing utilities for WvW. Compare that with the somewhat stronger Mesmer, which is worse in PvE, and more difficult to play effectively, you have the winning class that is both easy and powerful. The other two ‘God’ classes, Elementalist and Thief, have been constantly on the receiving end of the nerf-bat, and whereas an Elementalist vs Guardian ends in a stalemate, the Thief has to sacrifice a lot to deal with the durability and boons the Guardian has. That again requires more skill and tada, we end up at the Guardian being easy, fun, and powerful in any situation. I imagine that once there are more counter-abilities to the Guardian, people will gradually start to move back to their favored class, after being forced to roll something else for the sake of having a chance in a fight. :-)

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

in Guardian

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

If you want to be a unique snowflake in dungeons, then I suggest rolling a ranger.

Not many can stomach taking more than one in any dungeon, so as long as you’re in the group first, you’ll be the only one!

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

yes guardians are eveywhere!
thats why im running atm on thief and necro

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Maiden England.3491

Maiden England.3491

yes guardians are eveywhere!
thats why im running atm on thief and necro

well theres nothing wrong with there being a lot of guardians, since theyre useful for nearly everything

Street Regulator

in Guardian

Posted by: Kangataz.6842

Kangataz.6842

I love guardians so much in fact I have 2 guardians, 1 human and 1 asura :P

in Guardian

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

Guardian is still one of the ‘God’ classes, closely following the true god class, the Mesmer. However, the Guardian is ridiculously easy to play with an incredible power in both PvE and PvP, and has an arsenal of amazing utilities for WvW. Compare that with the somewhat stronger Mesmer, which is worse in PvE, and more difficult to play effectively, you have the winning class that is both easy and powerful. The other two ‘God’ classes, Elementalist and Thief, have been constantly on the receiving end of the nerf-bat, and whereas an Elementalist vs Guardian ends in a stalemate, the Thief has to sacrifice a lot to deal with the durability and boons the Guardian has. That again requires more skill and tada, we end up at the Guardian being easy, fun, and powerful in any situation. I imagine that once there are more counter-abilities to the Guardian, people will gradually start to move back to their favored class, after being forced to roll something else for the sake of having a chance in a fight. :-)

BwahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHA! Mesmer! Hahahahah… heh… heh… good one. After the recent patch, mesmers have fallen to the bottom of the barrel. Nerfed six ways to sunday.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathspike.1870

Deathspike.1870

Confusion dependent builds? Yes. Shatterers? No.

BwahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHA! Mesmer! Hahahahah… heh… heh… good one. After the recent patch, mesmers have fallen to the bottom of the barrel. Nerfed six ways to sunday.

Active: Mesmer, Warrior
Inactive: Guardian, Elementalist, Ranger, Thief (ex-main)
Leveling: Engineer, Necromancer

in Guardian

Posted by: Cloud Stryfe.4058

Cloud Stryfe.4058

Guardian a “God” class? Maybe in the Beta version of Gw2 surely not now…Are you sure that you click on GW2.exe when you play?Maybe is another game …

in Guardian

Posted by: ThrottleFox.2735

ThrottleFox.2735

I see many Guardians in WvW and PvE, and when I get in a group somewhere I normally get the group saying “hope your better then the last guardian we had” so you may see lots of guardians, but by the looks of it, most aren’t any good

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I see more warriors, really. Then again thanks to how heavy armor looks like, they start to blurr together.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kiriwar.7382

Kiriwar.7382

I see many Guardians in WvW and PvE, and when I get in a group somewhere I normally get the group saying “hope your better then the last guardian we had” so you may see lots of guardians, but by the looks of it, most aren’t any good

This guy nailed it… lots of guardians but most of them aren’t optimizing themselves

I’ve seen so many bad guardians but that’s what you get for having it be a beginner-friendly class

That just makes the good guardians stand out more!

Like swords, sorcery and misfortune?
Read Wingless, a fantasy comic about a knight’s journey, here!

in Guardian

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Is the OP serious or joking? I really can’t tell. Guards are more popular in some parts of the game than in others.

in Guardian

Posted by: Galrond.5972

Galrond.5972

Guardians and Warriors are great! Be happy that there are a lot of them instead of other classes. I think there arn’t even enough warriors or guardians around. Need more of them! ^^

in Guardian

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

I think I see way more thieves in wvw and in Lion’s Arch more than any other class. Guardians, Warriors, and Elementalists I see quite often as well.