Is it worth starting a Guardian?

in Guardian

Posted by: ShadowxLucario.7530

ShadowxLucario.7530

Hey, I’m about to get into guildwars and I was wondering how fun/good is the Guardian gameplay i’m trying to decide if I want to make a Guardian, Warrior or Thief. The Thief gameplay sounds really fun I don’t want to play a boring class so is Guardian a good pick? And yes I do have HoT

The Aura Is With Me!
Level 80 Guardian Shaymion Guild: [Epic]

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

In my experience, none of the classes are fun. It’s just a case of finding something you can tolerate.

All the skills and abilities in GW2 are weird and none of the combat makes any sense.

The only redeeming feature is dodge.

Having said that. Guardian is a mediocre choice. It’s not one of the Pianist classes (i.e. button mashers: engi, mesmer, elementalist, thief), so if you are good at remembering button combinations or have macro hardware (but not software), you might want to use one of those as they are far more powerful than the non-Pianist classes.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Definitely.

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

(PvP)
I don’t share the same criticism as Svarty, I still find the game enjoyable. That said, it’s mainly only enjoyable if you’re doing well, which I have been but I can’t speak for every other Guardian.

Guardian is a fun class and easy to pick up. That aspect is definitely not the same for ever other class though, For example, it’s going to take you 3x longer to master Thief than it will Guard. Thief is just that much more difficult to master as a class because of their reaction timing, reading the map, and other class’s abilities.

If you’re thinking of just picking 1 class and mastering it first, try out Thief then Guardian.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I have a lot of fun with my Guardian/DH, been my main for several months now, and is very easy to pick up and play, and feels very solid for all of GW2 content.

Very worth trying out and investing in.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Not if it’s your only class. It’s fun, the skills look cool, but if you are limited to only playing guardian and you want to try organised pve, you should be prepared for suffering.

in Guardian

Posted by: logan.5846

logan.5846

I can’t think of a single reason to roll a Guardian over a Warrior.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I can’t think of a single reason to roll a Guardian over a Warrior.

A single sigil > War
Guard > War 1v1

There’s 2 reasons

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

Hell yeah, go for it.
Imo guard is the most versatile class in pvp right now.
You can make every single weapon work really well (OK except staff, but staff just sucks) and with this adjust your weapons and their corresponding traits to your personal playstyle, though you will almost certainly run the meditation trait as well as dh, but even these can be substituted for other trait lines if you know you class well.

I’ll still have to see for myself if I can make any of these builds work in plat, but you have to know that guard definitely isn’t the best or even a good choice anymore since the patch. But I love playing it and I can make it work for myself, because of its versatility.
It’s strengths definitely lie more in 1v1 rather than teanfights.

Oh… And it’s an OK class for doing pve alone, but not really suited for group play.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

(edited by Entenkommando.5208)