Is the Glacial Heart worthwhile?

in Guardian

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Q:

I’m currently on the fence about the Altruistic Healing build.

The recent nerf to Vigorous Precision is why I learned about it in the first place (you forum-goers whine and moan like crazy~), and of course, the nerf is one of the big reasons to why I’m reluctant to switch over.

I love the chill-condition, so Glacial Heart seems really neat, but that 45 second cooldown dampens my enthusiasm. Is it worth using, or should I wait until it’s buffed?

Edit: Oh, and I’m a PvE-focused player. I wouldn’t be asking if I were PvP. :P

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

A:

The recent nerf to Vigorous Precision is why I learned about it in the first place (you forum-goers whine and moan like crazy~), and of course, the nerf is one of the big reasons to why I’m reluctant to switch over.

I love the chill-condition, so Glacial Heart seems really neat, but that 45 second cooldown dampens my enthusiasm. Is it worth using, or should I wait until it’s buffed?

I have been thinking about trying it. I mean I usually leap into combat and chuck down some smack. Then retreat and try again if their line does not break. Usually, I have to wait the CD of Judges Intervention. That is about the same as Glacial Heart.

You might get some good stuff from using Glacial Heart and/or Hydromancy Sigils if you run a GS/Hammer build. Something I have been thinking about lately.

For PVE its pretty worthless. You would get more out of Purity and the Toughness to Crit trait.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyber Valens.5148

Tyber Valens.5148

Edit: Oh, and I’m a PvE-focused player. I wouldn’t be asking if I were PvP. :P

Word of advice Insulting the people you want to answer your question isn’t a smart idea.

Templar Valens – Human – Guardian
Server: Maguuma

in Guardian

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Word of advice Insulting the people you want to answer your question isn’t a smart idea.

Better advice: Invest in chill pills.

Oh and stop getting attached to game-mechanics that are subjective to change in any update, especially if they’re considered strong.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Guardian

Posted by: wookalar.8952

wookalar.8952

If you ran AH with 0/10/30/30/0 with the empowering might trait, you barely got a nerf. So if you’re on the fence about AH it still works. Also, if you equip a superior sigil of blood and/or life stealing food, you make up for the healing loss by the VP nerf 3-4 times over.

Nanuuk (80 Mes), Guardian Nuuk (80 Guard),
Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

in Guardian

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

Honestly, he’s right. Better to not ask a question while insulting those giving the advice sought, Dream.

But, as for the question, no. Glacial Heart is pretty much terrible, unless nothing in the first two tiers of Valor appeal to you. Retributive Armor, Purity and Honorable Shield are much better options. It’s better to use a sigil to gain a chill effect than it is to rely on Glacial Heart proc’ing at just the right time. Plus, using a hydromancy sigil means you get to activate it upon weapon cd, which means you can activate chill over an area multiple times as opposed to glacial.

So yeah, another worthless trait.

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Finally bought the Hydromancy Sigil and it is the bomb in WVW… just what the doctor ordered with all our movement woes. Not a fix but a bandaid to say the least.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

Glacial heart is good as concept, but too RNG dependant with too long CD.
There are better traits on the valor line to invest on this.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

in Guardian

Posted by: erigais.6805

erigais.6805

wish it was available on other weapons. dont think i really care about chill on a hammer when i can just knock them down.

[Sekz] Officer erigais AKA Weeaboo Hunter