Is there a point in having Kindled Zeal?

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

In my opinion, as the power traitline Zeal should have at least one damage boosting grandmaster trait and not 3 traits that are for gimmick builds( Spirit weapons/ Conditions). Kindled Zeal being the weakest and least functioning of the 3 should be replaced for something else.
Now that Amplified wrath was added to the traitline, there’s absolutely no reason to pick Kindled Zeal. Even for gimmick condition builds, Amplified wrath is a better source of damage because burning is applied more consistently. Conditions from sigils and runes are limited by internal cooldowns that traits from condition builds in other classes don’t have (bleed on crit/explosion). Unlike engineers and elementalists we do not have hard hitting attacks that apply conditions at the same time that would benefit from both power and conditions.

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

There was never a point in having Kindled Zeal.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Really they just need to have some people sit down and look at all the traits & where they are.

As is the guardian has a good 20ish traits that are under powered, in a line that doesn’t make sense or just plain stupidly made.

Other classes each also have some problems with their traits (notably necromancer) & really they should all be addressed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I imagined they wanted Kindled Zeal to give power guardians the ability to do Some condition damage…
In all honesty they should have made Kindled Zeal + Perfect Inscriptions synergize better together. Along with Signet of Wrath and Bane Signet.

I like the fact that Anet wants us to have more than one way to make the same build, but some builds just trumps others when trying to do the same thing.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

It’s a filler. They need to understand ‘condition’ and ‘guardian’ shouldn’t be in same sentence.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

in Guardian

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

having condition damage stuff in the power traitline makes no sense since they don’t affect each other at all.

Sincerly, Me.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Well it makes sense in that placing burn traits in a condition tree would make us inbalanced. So i understand why they mix and match traits the way they do. It promotes different builds as well.

What gets me, is why put an overall condition trait when the only condition we offer is burns? I have found no usage for Kindled Zeal when Amplified Wrath is 5x better for a Guardian when we burn on every 5th (or 3rd) hit.

The only time Kindled Zeal overtakes Amplified Wrath is if you use a condi signet, Rune of krait, doom and geomancy. Only by using all of those together will you see a better damage output in said 9 seconds of applied condition damage vs 9 seconds of applied burns.

Make Guardians Chill be effected by power And condition damage. Maybe we’ll see different power/condi hammer builds similar to a warrior’s hambow build.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Well it makes sense in that placing burn traits in a condition tree would make us inbalanced. So i understand why they mix and match traits the way they do. It promotes different builds as well.

What gets me, is why put an overall condition trait when the only condition we offer is burns? I have found no usage for Kindled Zeal when Amplified Wrath is 5x better for a Guardian when we burn on every 5th (or 3rd) hit.

The only time Kindled Zeal overtakes Amplified Wrath is if you use a condi signet, Rune of krait, doom and geomancy. Only by using all of those together will you see a better damage output in said 9 seconds of applied condition damage vs 9 seconds of applied burns.

Make Guardians Chill be effected by power And condition damage. Maybe we’ll see different power/condi hammer builds similar to a warrior’s hambow build.

Eh heck with that.

What they need to do is give guardian access to more types of conditions instead of just making the ones they already have even more powerful.

For instance.

Shimmering Defense, what if they changed it so it applied confusion whenever you blind a foe.
Powerful Blades, what if it also caused critical hits with swords to apply torment.

Both of these changes would give the guardian a decent option for condition builds & fit well with the idea of not having cripples (punishes enemies for running away) and defensive offense (punish enemies for attacking)

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I feel we’re changing the guardian “class” rather than the “guardian” profession if we were to further change our traits to conditions.
What we can gain are the better traits that no one are using such as:
-Signets
-Chill
-Vulnerability (even though mesmers can already stack 25)
-Aegis (It blocks. That’s it. Nothing special)
-I feel Permeating Wrath’s range should be bigger
-Oh we’re in Virtues for just Absolute Resolution?(condition cleanse)

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Shimmering Defense, what if they changed it so it applied confusion whenever you blind a foe.
Powerful Blades, what if it also caused critical hits with swords to apply torment.

Both of these changes would give the guardian a decent option for condition builds & fit well with the idea of not having cripples (punishes enemies for running away) and defensive offense (punish enemies for attacking)

We’re thinking along the same lines. This thread talks about a similar subject, and this is an excerpt of what I posted there.

I would completely agree with moving Kindled Zeal to Master. Considering the placement of Amplified Wrath, being able to take Fiery Wrath, Kindled Zeal (10%), and Amplified Wrath would be perfect synergy. Zealous Blade is probably the best contender for moving up to GM. I’d either double the scaling, make it heal in a 240 radius, or heal for ~5% of damage dealt. For Zeal I think that’d be fine. other traits aren’t necessarily underpowered, but they don’t look as appealing as others.
Radiance:
Searing Flames needs to proc per target, not once per 10s.
Shimmering Defense probably needs to be reworked. The cooldown, effect, and trigger are all too far off for what they bring. I could see an option being “Apply Torment on Blind”, probably mimicking the numbers from Virtues 1 (3 stacks for 5s).
Powerful Blades is alright, but maybe having a different effect in exchange for that +5% we got not too long ago might be a bit better. Perhaps Bleed on crit could work.
Retal and Signets traits are otherwise alright. Those are mostly limited by retal itself or signets themselves.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

just give us one a master trait which applies one stack of 8sec bleed, torment and confusion on every stack of burn we apply and call it hell fire.

this would make a combo with supreme justive and permeating wrath worthwhile.

more condition damage just does not cut it.

and in before: more than one stack of each would be overpowered

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Kindred Zeal should have been: Condition Damage is based off of Power.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Kindred Zeal should have been: Condition Damage is based off of Power.

Guardians start off with a base power of 926, making our condition power 2200+ compared to the normal 1200 margin with Carrions. Every condition build would be Zerkers.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Really short of adding more damaging conditions to the guardian kitten nal there is no way to make kindled zeal as viable of a choice as amplified wrath.

I have made & heard many suggestions for how more damaging conditions could be added but short of using these lets look at what else could be done.

They could move kindled zeal to the radiance line & into the place of radiant retaliation (which face it should be a base effect for everyone if your condition damage is more then 2/3 your power)
They could then adjust the scaling.

Or they could change what stats the trait gives.
Personally I would love to see it grant either vitality & healing power or precision & healing power equal to X% (say around 10%) of your power.
That ^ would make it an intrusting option which would fit well with cleric or zealot gear.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

They could move kindled zeal to the radiance line & into the place of radiant retaliation (which face it should be a base effect for everyone if your condition damage is more then 2/3 your power)

I like that idea alot. I don’t notice a significant difference with Radiant Retaliation at all…
198 + (0.075 * Power)
198 + (0.15 * Condition Damage)
Probably because we will always have a lot more base power than condition so the scaling seems off.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Shot answer: NO.

Even IF we could properly do a condition build, Amplified Wrath would be always be pick over it.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

My reaction when this trait got introduced last year:

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I like that idea alot. I don’t notice a significant difference with Radiant Retaliation at all…
198 + (0.075 * Power)
198 + (0.15 * Condition Damage)
Probably because we will always have a lot more base power than condition so the scaling seems off.

You only need 924 Condi to outshine power with Radiant Retal. 924 isn’t too hard to get when you’re building condi.

Fishsticks