Is this a good stat for a guardian?

in Guardian

Posted by: Creed.3258

Creed.3258

I’m trying to make a balanced guardian, I just want to know if this stats are ok. Thanks

Attachments:

Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean that I don’t understand.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

The true test is to play it and see if you feel you lack something. It’s only balanced for you when you think you have a good mix, giving good enough offense and defense. My balanced approach has less armor and more healing power.

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Drop some armor in favor of power and critical damage, you won’t notice the difference in survivability but you will notice the damage increase.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I’m trying to make a balanced guardian, I just want to know if this stats are ok. Thanks

Needs more power, precision and crit damage.

Protection from hold the line and hammer auto attack chain (plus signet of judgement if you want) will basically serve as your toughness and vitality.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Protection from hold the line and hammer auto attack chain (plus signet of judgement if you want) will basically serve as your toughness and vitality.

This is a balanced build, not a DPS build. His power and precision are fine.

@OP, I disagree with the majority of what is being said here from the other posters also, if a balanced build is what you truly want.

However, crit damage could use boosting, and if you’re not using the Strength in Numbers trait, I’d suggest a little more Toughness. Also, Healing Power could use a small boost as well. Depending on what tool consumable and/or skills/traits, you could also lower some of that Precision down. I think a good minimum, especially for a balanced build is 35%. Also, I wouldn’t go any less on the Vitality. Bringing it up to 16k hit points might not be a bad idea.

I also don’t think a person should rely on signets and kill-stacks to make up for lacking stats that you compromised on. Those should be thought of as a bonus and keep your slotted skills free for changing out to whatever you want/need.

Without knowing your build, other than it being a “balanced” build, it’s hard to give specific advice, other than what I’ve already stated for your stats. However, I would suggest leaning towards the Paragon build by Harbinger. It lends itself towards a nicely balanced build.

Finally, look over the “Post Your Stats” thread. A fair majority of the posters in there have balanced builds.
Edit: found the thread for you: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Post-Your-Stats-1/first

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

If he gets more power, precision and crit dmg he’ll be full zerker, he wants a balanced build.

@OP
Try Knight armor with Berserker Tinkets and Weapons. In my opinion this is the best “balanced” build, good survivalist with awesome DPS. In this way you’ll get almost the same crit chance (maybe more – I don’t know your traits), the same power, the same armor, but a lot more crit dmg.

Sorry for my english.

(edited by Mikau.6920)

in Guardian

Posted by: seven.6390

seven.6390

Here is my build.. A little of everything.. from knights to soldiers to berzerks to cavaliers..

stats have 25 stacks of precision food and oil. It also has strength in numbers traited but currently not active. So I have nearly 3.3k armor when in combat..

I’m not sure if you call this a balanced guardian.. but it sure is balanced for me..

Attachments: