Is this build viable for zergs in WvW?

in Guardian

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

Just updated it:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWl8AhWhYpQwZIwPELWEFWAcAPgctn79eWGUenHA-j1SWABbqNQW1CWVFieVG0qqKAs/QlKB7UHgwK9WcCa6hRzAAA-w

Just wondering if this will be viable and won’t drag people down too much.
Saves me some gold as well…

The idea general idea is to buff allies and remove conditions from them through shouts and the consecration. Can’t quite decide between Honorable Staff or Empowering Might in the Honor tree though… I have no idea what weapon sigils to use though, so I would appreciate some tips on that, or in general.

(edited by TwiceDead.1963)

in Guardian

Posted by: Sephylon.4938

Sephylon.4938

You may want to try soldier/trooper runes, synergizes better with shouts. I also wouldn’t recommend save yourselves as you don’t have easy access to resistance unlike revenants . Try using retreat instead for the aegis. Finally your stats seem to be all over the place, from what it looks like, you’re trying to be tanky and do damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: TwiceDead.1963

TwiceDead.1963

D’oh. I was going to use Trooper runes all the time, seeing those runes is what inspired me to make the build. I kittened up.

I was trying to make a balanced build… So that I can do some damage and take some damage, I wasn’t necessarily going one way over the other… It kind of just became that way when I started focusing on the Boon Duration.

I mostly roam in WvW and I don’t really have a dedicated Zerg character, figured I’d try with Guardian.

Updated the build with some of your suggestions, but I am still unsure about the stats situation.

(edited by TwiceDead.1963)

in Guardian

Posted by: Babytater.6803

Babytater.6803

That build is pretty good for zergs! I like all of the concentration you have there. I would recommend a food that has concentration and a sharpening stone utility. Your honor and virtues lines are decent. I would swap the DH for radiance if you are doing zerging though. The buffs to retaliation for guardians are very very strong. Greatly increases your damage. I would highly recommend trying it out. This is just my preference though DH can work as well.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJARWl8AhShYtQwVIwPEHDEV+AXwGEfCtQNYDgqtNB-jlCEQBtRXjBegAA4IB0ElaJZ/hook4BXCgBq+jTUGsFlgBAQA25OTn7MwRP6RP6RPaXXnpz05O3ZSB81QL-w