It's great being a Guardian, isn't it guys?

in Guardian

Posted by: Apathy.6430

Apathy.6430

Just thought I’d mention how great it is that I picked Guardian as my main.

Really sucks for other classes lol

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I do love my profession very much. We all have our faults but when you dedicate your time to it, it becomes second nature and you embrace.

in Guardian

Apathy.6430

Guardians have faults?

in Guardian

Posted by: Tower Guard.5263

Tower Guard.5263

I love my Guadrian. I’m slow and suck at range, but I keep lumbering along.
Oh and I’m not good with fire or poison.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Lets not go into that and leave this thread as an appreciation for the Guardian, Apathy.

in Guardian

Apathy.6430

It never ceased to be an appreciation thread. You just mentioned faults, I’ve yet to see any.

Best support, best damage, best survivability, giant hammers.

in Guardian

Posted by: Somoe.3621

Somoe.3621

It never ceased to be an appreciation thread. You just mentioned faults, I’ve yet to see any.

If you think Guardians are the best at everything you’ve obviously never played another class correctly or seen another class played correctly.

in Guardian

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

I love guardian cause he staff farms like crazy and doesn’t afraid of anything

in Guardian

Posted by: RoxBuryNine.4210

RoxBuryNine.4210

I love my Guardian because he manages to succeed in spite of me hitting the wrong key, not dodging in time, trying out weapons that drop, or taking him to areas that I have no business being in. He is fearless.

@ Someo, this is a Guardian appreciation thread so why take a cheap shot at someone who loves their Guardian? Does it cost you anything ? No. I also happen to love my Necromancer and I’m learning to love my Mesmer. I am not learning to love anything about Elementalist. However, discussions about the pros and cons of those professions are covered elsewhere.

(edited by RoxBuryNine.4210)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ridgeblader.7135

Ridgeblader.7135

I love the fact I get to smash my hammer in NPC faces, I love the fact I can solo mobs +3 levels without breaking a sweat. I love using judges intervention combined with banish to teleport and then smash a mob away. It just looks plain awesome.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kaii.5149

Kaii.5149

I certainly do adore my guardian. However, while I can easily grant you best survivability I think best damage is extremely debatable.

The Owl ~ Wings of Eclipse [WOE] ~ Tarnished Coast
Join Operation: UNION [XIII]

in Guardian

Posted by: Spectre.6452

Spectre.6452

I just love how I can beat champions solo, which would on some other classes be called suicidal. I have this feeling of being unbreakable and unshakeable. Who cares if we do not have the highest burst, we just wear people out and start seeing them die around us.

Some warn that the Mursaat will return to agonize the people of Tyria once more.

in Guardian

Posted by: Clairvoyance.1926

Clairvoyance.1926

It is great being a Guardian, I love Charging in headfirst like a bonehead and surviving for 30+ seconds in a mob of 10+ people then running out alive when I’m done. Because I also, doesn’t afraid of anything.

Range is for wussies and I beat people to death with my Hammer eloquently dubbed ‘The Ugly Stick’. I can fight forever and a day, because like Wolverine, I have super regeneration like the mutant behemoth that I am. I take on champions like a champ and know nothing of fear as even the largest of foes are merely tickles upon my skin.

As a Mighty Norn, this profession is the most glorious of all.

Just wait, I bet we’ll get even better =P

(edited by Clairvoyance.1926)

in Guardian

Posted by: thisolderhead.5127

thisolderhead.5127

It is awesome – though if I had a gun of some sort I’d not need to launch myself into the fray, burst into flames, and proceed to eat the enemies’ dignity bit by bit by bit, I could throw out my seed turrets and my gun and guard my best homies from the rear!

My necro on the other side is level ten and can handle between five and seven on-level mobs at a time… I’m sure it took until 20-30 for the Guardian to do that… must be one of those necro-bugs I keep hearing about.

Feeling bad due to my response does not mean it was a personal attack.
It may just be that your original statement was wrong.
Please try again.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

:DDD just dropping in with some love for the Guardian. to be fair, i’m not proficient in any other class, but i am having way too much fun. love the way my character has fleshed out and really enjoy dishing out sustained damage over time, surviving, while supporting my teammates as best i can.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Crona.2509

Crona.2509

guardian is 100% my main char. loved it from day 1
-best support
-best dps (i’f build for it like me)
-best defence (i’f build guud toughfness/vitality)
-coolest weapons
-coolest armour
(this is all personal taste guyz don’t hate^^)

i’m guardian : 20/20/20/5/5 .buid on power , toughfness , vitality (main).
with ‘’save yourselfs’’ and healings that heal other players aswel + the main c/damage (burn) and dps power
dungeon master of : sainthood(xXx) check us out ! friendly guild ^^

guardians FTW !!

Cröna/Selïm/Lärsa
Guild Leader of : Final Nightmare (FIN).
aurora glade server ^^

in Guardian

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Love my Guardian. Took me too long to roll one, but I’m glad I shelved my Ranger & Necro. This is so much fun, rolling in, setting everything on fire, shouting protection down to all my allies, and beating wholesale kitten I like that each weapon has its place and purpose: mace tanking, hammer control, GS aoe, etc. Lets me use a variety of weapons to keep things fresh and I’m still effective in any situation.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Guardian

Posted by: Sion.1653

Sion.1653

So glad I picked Guardian. I suffered from major indecision at launch as to which I actually wanted to main – I liked several classes.

I sure picked the right one. We can do anything.

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Guard all daaaaay

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

Best damage? As a guy who mains a Guardian, Warrior and Thief, I have this to say:

“Okay…”

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

I love my Guardian’s stubborn refusal to die. I enjoy running in and putting myself between my squishy allies and the enemy as I quickly whittle away their HP with my crushing Ironfist hammer. It’s great when I shout and I see conditions melt away from my party while my HP climbs back up from from the half way point without even using a heal skill. It’s so easy to laugh maniacally as I burn multiple enemies with Cleansing Flames. Chopping them to bits with Whirling Wrath never gets old.

Protector’s Strike! Access denied mother kitten!
Face me! My Shield of Wrath shall defend my allies.
Where do you think you’re skulking off to coward? Flashing Blade says you cannot escape me so easily.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alnear Leavar.7453

Alnear Leavar.7453

I took a little break from my main thief and rolled a guardian… I’m low level but I can say I’m having some of the most fun I did in this game since quite awhile.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bornthisway.4609

Bornthisway.4609

Guardians are heaven sent though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

Why do I get the feeling this thread is a giant troll <__<

Ah might as well bite, after playing mesmer with some…less than desirable results I tried a guardian and all I can say is I stopped fearing multiple mobs now. Really I’m not sure if I just wasn’t cut out to play the mesmer or if the guardian is just better or if the mesmer is underpowered…but (assuming the motivation behind this thread isn’t sarcasm) I fully agree.

Guardians are awesome-blue flames, spirit weapons and teleports ftw

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

in Guardian

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Chill out guys, or else you’ll get the Guardian nerfed to the ground!

/laughs

in Guardian

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

My first to 80 was a necro. Then engineer. Lol ya its great to be a guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yramrag.3026

Yramrag.3026

One word: Survivability.

I have leveled an 80 Thief and a L65 Elementalist. They are extremely squishy and I often have to think twice and strategize how to go about tackling a group of mobs. With my new level 45 Guardian, those fears are gone. I simple swish into the group with my GS, dishing out spin-o-death, then switch to hammer and smash them to pieces. I was a wonderful feeling, and highly therapeutic.

I do miss the running speed from my Thief and Elementalist though.

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Just use the guardian teleport skills, staff skill #3 and/or the shout Retreat you’ll get around pretty quick.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nerael.9845

Nerael.9845

Another Guardian lover here.

I feel like an old fashioned General leading the charge into an enemy force. First to be in combat, last to get out.

Was in WvW for 4 hours yesterday, not a single death (Must note that i had 3 guildies with me covering my back). Being the only melee fighter of the group, I felt like I was literally “Holding the line!” keeping all the nasties away from my squishier allies.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yramrag.3026

Yramrag.3026

Just use the guardian teleport skills, staff skill #3 and/or the shout Retreat you’ll get around pretty quick.

Yeah I know, but I don’t like the staff. My thief and ele has perm speed buff that is always on.

in Guardian

Posted by: MakeitNeil.4561

MakeitNeil.4561

I would agree… but isn’t mesmer just so much cooler? :O :P XD

in Guardian

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

At launch I was sure I was going to main mesmer or warrior or thief. Guardian was the last thing I wanted. 5 months in as a mesmer I made a guardian to give my friends some sustain in WvW and haven’t looked back.

I can’t speak for other guardian builds but at least playing healway in group settings makes me feel pretty spoiled.

Gate of Madness

in Guardian

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Before I was a mesmer.
Now with my guard, I do not feel Op and cheesy like braindead warriors but I feel I am usefull and strong. It is night and day with my old poor mesmer.
Still feel sad for mesmers. They are a dead class left alone for mass fights.

in Guardian

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I just started playing guardian (have warrior, necro, mes, and thief) but I’m really enjoying it. I have a lot to learn but I really want to play her a lot in WvW because I like the idea of supporting my team.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Guardian

Posted by: layzoe.6035

layzoe.6035

Before I was a mesmer.
Now with my guard, I do not feel Op and cheesy like braindead warriors but I feel I am usefull and strong. It is night and day with my old poor mesmer.
Still feel sad for mesmers. They are a dead class left alone for mass fights.

Then you obviously don’t know how to play a mesmer. A mesmer has more support utilities than a guard.. the time warp being quite sexy when dropped right (so I have been told). And with a phantasm build, can have pretty high damage to a single target. The Shatter build having rather insane damage. I do agree they don’t shine in trash or group fights but can’t have everything. Calling it a dead class.. lololol. And I main a guard.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

Reasons why my guardian is great.

1. My guardian’s Wall of Reflection has saved more people than all the Seraph combined.
  2. When my guardian draws a line in the sand, she means it.
  3. My guardian thinks her shield is too pretty to block things with. So she uses a book instead.
  4. My guardian doesn’t care if she’s caught by surprise. (Aegis)
  5. When my guardian farts, she grants might to allies. (Empower)
  6. My guardian doesn’t mean what she says. “Retreat!” actually means “Come back here coward!” and “Save Yourselves!” actually means “This is what happens when you kitten me off!”
  7. It’s impossible for my guardian to get dizzy while wielding a greatsword.

in Guardian

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I love my Guardian aswell. I started with a Necromancer, big mistake. Then rolled a Warrior, another big mistake. Then I made a Mesmer since it looked like I always dreamed gw1 Mesmer’s would look like, loved it. Thief somewhere along the run since I heard they were really challanging to play and I wanted to scout a bit more, loved her, but hardly take her out anymore, they feel so selfish. Leveled my Guardian just to have something to do, fell in love with her completely, quite unexpected since they had the W/Mo image in my head and so many people play them so inefficiently I never saw how amazing they could be; she did all the things I loved about Mesmer and more (which I love, not claiming she’s better at all) and made her my Fractal-main. Rolled an Elementalist because I really felt my friends groups could use one. Same as Guardian, the hearts are flying around the character that’s how much I love her. Since then I rolled a Ranger, didn’t love it (don’t hate it either) and an Engineer, which not to my surprise, wasn’t my thing at all.

So yay Guardians, absolutely adore them. The way your defense can be your teams defense (through Aegis, Blinds, Condition Removal, Stability being party-wide) nothing I do feels selfish (I use Shield of Wrath whilst rezzing so even that doens’t feel selfish.) Whilst tearing through things as a beast.

We necro’d an amazing thread;)

in Guardian

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I actually wanted to make a spellsword character.

I didn’t want to play a guardian because I wanted something less “divine”.

But whatever, med guardian is fun and is fun as spellsword: you go in, hit hard, then dodge/block away. You always risk to die. It’s so much fun, and I’m converting all my guildies to dps guard in spvp.

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Ah, no matter what class I’m off and about playing and discovering, I love my guardians to death. Guardian will always be my main profession, and that won’t ever change. Purely balanced, and very fun to play.

<3 Guardian

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Just thought I’d mention how great it is that I picked Guardian as my main.

Really sucks for other classes lol

Guardian has been riding the magic line between good and OP for a long time, but seems to be completely under the radar of everyone. I mean, having at least 1 Guard is the staple of so many PvP teams. Guards are probably the best bunker in the entire game and have been almost since the start (well, except for before eles were nerfed). Guards also do DPS on par with warriors, while bringing some of the best support to a group.

in Guardian

Posted by: kevvyd.4207

kevvyd.4207

Best thing ever is watching great big enemies fly away when my little Asuran pixie puts hammer to ground! Love me the Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

As a Guardian, you have to see it as a victory when the other professions you fight are starting to leg it and run away from you with all the escape abilities they’ve got.

All those… escape abilities…

Guardians are also three professions put in one.

Monk + Paragon + Ritualist. We are the ultimate profession!

in Guardian

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I’d love to have the chance to chenge the color of light effects, even if just for myself. I’d like my guardian to be more similar to a dark knight.XD

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in Guardian

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Guardians are great for WvW for sure and are important as bunkers in tPvP. I wouldn’t say they are the best damage though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Guardians are great for WvW for sure and are important as bunkers in tPvP. I wouldn’t say they are the best damage though.

Well, a Guardian deals a lot more damage to multiple foes, compared to a Warrior. A Warrior, however, deals more damage on single target.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

I wasn’t sure guardian was the class I’d stick with for the rest of the game but after I went 3v1 in WvW and the fight ended with one dude off a cliff, one down and the other running away, I knew I shouldn’t feel envy for other classes but pity, for they are weak and I am not.

in Guardian

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I like it because it fits my character, and was my first Profession, the first I made during the headstart period.

My “problem” with it, is that since I am most experienced with it and it has tremendously good survivability (lowest hit points is barely a concern), it is VERY easy to play, and the reason I often use my other Professions instead. I play my Guardian to relax/breeze through the game-the other options are usually more engaging and/or risky.

I would never like the Guardian to be nerfed-it’s in a good place IMHO. But some of the other Professions could use some more developer love, so the respect they get is more akin to what the Guardian usually gets.

in Guardian

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

I love Guardian because is the most closest thing to the GW1 Paragon, and i love it :P

in Guardian

Posted by: Stramatus.5219

Stramatus.5219

2 years…have hardly played anything else. Guardians are simply the best.

Sir Helvidius | Sir Beregond | Proud Ascalonian Humans
“Remember The Searing. We never forget, and never forgive.” – Family Motto

in Guardian

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

I’m slow and suck at range, but I keep lumbering along.

And I was foolish enough to think that DPS Guards were going to get more mobility baked in