Its that time again folks (patch day)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Every so often Anet gives us a patch, usually which consist of Guardian nerfs which practically make no sense. Today, as the the title says is that day again. Were in most cases we can say goodbye to a skill we loved or a skill that no one ever really used. Lets not forget how Anet doesn’t fix bugs (hello pure of voice).

So this thread will be used to guess what will be nerfed. In the past we thought Anet only nerfed skills that were used frequently, but this is proven to be not the case (i.e spirit weapons).

Alright everyone, posts your guesses. Lets see who can guess right.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

I don’t think we, the European players will be able to enjoy the new content today. Because the update will be huge and because they’ll do it late at night and the servers will have huge load and we’ll probably have to download 500mb+ of content with 100kb/sec if it ever gets that high.

Shortly after I expect the login servers to be unresponsive for quite awhile.

in Guardian

Posted by: Andy.9137

Andy.9137

My biggest concern is whether or not they will nerf selfless daring in someway. (our heal on dodge)

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

I’m already expecting some nerfs to our healing output.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in Guardian

Posted by: Pixels.6532

Pixels.6532

My biggest concern is whether or not they will nerf selfless daring in someway. (our heal on dodge)

Selfless daring – No longer heals on dodge, instead, apply 25 stacks of vulnerability on yourself and force all enemies to instantly target you while you shout “Look at me! Look at me!” Selfless daring last for 5 seconds and you are immobilized for its duration.

Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

If they nerf anything to do with our healing then we are screwed end of. The Guardian was always meant to be based around healing and it is one of our saving graces as we don’t have access to all the escape skills or higher HP other classes have.

If they nerf anything they really shouldn’t be and neglect our skill bugs then I’m rolling Mesmer and I really don’t like Mesmers but drastic times and all that.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Guardian

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

I don’t think they’re going to do much of anything to us. Instead we’ll probably just whine at the lack of notes we get compared to the other classes.

in Guardian

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

Pl0x fix hammer chain bug ANET. Pl0x!

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Selfless daring – No longer heals on dodge, instead, apply 25 stacks of vulnerability on yourself and force all enemies to instantly target you while you shout “Look at me! Look at me!” Selfless daring last for 5 seconds and you are immobilized for its duration.

That would be balanced becouse character name still is Guardian.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Not guardian specific, but I’m expecting an internal cd for lifesteal foods… 2 seconds? ( on the tool tip/patch notes, but 5 seconds in reality ).

Putting an optimistic hat on for a moment, then “fix scaling issue with spirit weapon stats” ( …taking the hat off, will probably mean they now will also suck at low levels )

Change lots of skill cooldowns and durations to match incorrect tooltips

sceptre#1 will now fly in random directions by design, and staff #2 will target the nearest bird, or squirrel.

Wall of Reflection will now be a mesmer skill.

Pure of Voice will work on meditations instead of shouts ( but only with merciful intervention )

With Right Hand Strength traited, guardians will now have a 30% chance of dropping their greatsword or hammer on crit

Merciful Intervention will now prioritise birds and squirrels

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

-All wards now affects only the player himself.
-Scepters orbs range has been reduced to 600 and now shoots an baby raccoon which heals all wounds and conditions on enemies.
-“Save yourself” now draws conditions from 50000 range and all the boons duration have been reduced to 1s
-Using a shout now causes a debuff “sore throat” that makes all shouts go on 24 hours cool-down.
-“Retreat” now includes 50% chance of tripping.

(edited by Hicci.8761)

in Guardian

Posted by: DungeonDaughter.7391

DungeonDaughter.7391

Love your post, op. It’s spot on. Love the joke responses too, but I’m gonna try to be serious:

Pure of Voice actually works now. (they did fix the other GM trait last patch)
Scepter orbs are a little faster and do a little less damage.
AH applies heal for every unique boon instead of every stack.

I will quit the game and never come back if they do the last one.
Just like I quit Diablo 3 when they killed my tank Demon Hunter.

“We just don’t want players…in Guild Wars 2.
No one enjoys [it]. No one finds it fun.” —Colin J.

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

I am praying to the almighty lord that Anet does not Nerf anything and I mean anything for any class and just concentrates on fixing all the bugs and random broken stuff for now and we can get back to class balancing a bit once stuff actually works.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Guardian

Posted by: Syktek.7912

Syktek.7912

Additionally -

• If more than one Guardian is located at the same location, both receive 25 stacks of vulnerability to allow thieves to actually kill them.
Vesper Dawnshield | Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

-“Retreat” now includes 50% chance of tripping

This one is great

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

- Zeal and Radiance have been reworked to bring them in line them with Valor, Honor, and Virtues. For every point in Zeal you now lose 500 health and gain a permanent stack of Vulnerability. After 10 points, Regeneration now functions as Poison. For every point in Radiance you now lose 100 Toughness and 100 healing power. Negative Toughness increases damage taken and negative Healing power causes healing skills to harm you. After 10 points, Protection now functions as Weakness. This will ensure nobody ever uses anything but 0/0/30/20/20 tank/support. Working as intended.

I was going to talk about them nerfing our passive movement speed increases, our Cripples/Chills, and our numerous ways of getting Swiftness… but they ironed those out in alpha.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Alarox.4590)

in Guardian

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

Hmm…maybe they’ll increase the hp of spirit weapons, then reduce the dmg, reduce heals from AH and MF….maybe reduce vigor/might on crit duration to 3s on a 15s cd or something

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

in Guardian

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

Hmm…maybe they’ll increase the hp of spirit weapons, then reduce the dmg, reduce heals from AH and MF….maybe reduce vigor/might on crit duration to 3s on a 15s cd or something

Don’t worry, they won’t nerf AH/MF. That’s what we’re supposed to use anyway.

Unless… more Thieves whine about not being able to insta-kill Guardians and ArenaNet swiftly takes action to remedy this horrible balance crisis.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by Alarox.4590)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aj Cheeze.2159

Aj Cheeze.2159

Guardian
Pure of Voice: This trait has been fixed to always properly convert conditions into boons.
Smite: Now displays a radius skill fact.
Empower: This ability now casts faster. Fixed a bug that caused this skill to heal twice.
Healing Breeze: Angle of this ability has been increased so that allies are easier to hit.
Hold the Line: This shout’s range has been reduced to 600, making it consistent with other shouts. It now properly affects allies within its full radius.
Line of Warding: This ability’s animation has changed and can now be cast while on the move.
Orb of Light: This ability now heals allies it passes through.
Orb of Light Detonate: Increased this ability’s scaling with healing power by 50% and reduced its level scaling by 20%.
Shield of Absorption: Added a skill fact to the healing portion of this ability.
Symbol of Wrath: Increased the size of the combo field on this ability to cover the whole visual area.
Bow of Truth: The health of this spirit has been increased by 30%.
Hammer of Wisdom: The health of this spirit has been increased by 33%.
Sword of Justice: The health of this spirit has been increased by 30%.
Shield of the Avenger: The health of this spirit has been increased by 30%.

ok, Time for the real discussion about our changes.

in Guardian

Posted by: SHAKA ZULU.3128

SHAKA ZULU.3128

I can run while throwing down line of warding and I am so absolutely giddy about that. Great patch!

love,

a guardian from k[Ai]neng

in Guardian

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

Omg! I just read them too.
-Pure of voice fixed!
-Line of warding while in motion means ability to REALLY stop enemies from escaping and also the ability to get away more efficiently (not like we needed to but still).
-Faster empower= daddy likes with AH build
-orb of light heals more
-Don’t use healing breeze and that was one of the reasons
-Shield of the Avengers health boost is VERY welcomed.
-Hold the line fixed=FINALLY.

In the end we really got awesome stuff with this patch. It begins to be obvious tho that Anet wants the guardians to be more supportive. But again: Pure of voice fixed… I knew you were listening big man.

in Guardian

Posted by: bthomas.3605

bthomas.3605

Where did you find today’s patch notes?

Bruno

in Guardian

Posted by: Aj Cheeze.2159

Aj Cheeze.2159

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-February-26-2013/first#post1514186

2 hours late if you didnt just google it or go to gw2 twitter to get the link allready oh well.

in Guardian

Posted by: KensaiZen.3740

KensaiZen.3740

Looks good for guardians I would say

Winters Ascension The White Guardian
Sophia Theos Beast Master
[Fissure of Woe]

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

Not guardian specific, but I’m expecting an internal cd for lifesteal foods… 2 seconds? ( on the tool tip/patch notes, but 5 seconds in reality ).

Putting an optimistic hat on for a moment, then “fix scaling issue with spirit weapon stats” ( …taking the hat off, will probably mean they now will also suck at low levels )

So it wasn’t quite as bad as I predicted, just a 1 second ICD and a 30% buff to spirit weapon HP

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Reihert.1509

Reihert.1509

Dont get overconfinded Tarsius.

There is always next patch….
And I’m pretty sure they gonna change some weapon CD just so we could get our finger memory screwd up (again).

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Dont get overconfinded Tarsius.

There is always next patch….
And I’m pretty sure they gonna change some weapon CD just so we could get our finger memory screwd up (again).

I agree yeah, but hey at least everyone can be happy pure of voice has been fixed. It took them long enough.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Shimond.2478

Shimond.2478

I find it pretty funny that not only did we not get nerfed, they specifically fixed the two issues the OP cites as always being broken :P