Itty Bitty Bunker's DPS Guardian Guide [tPvP]

in Guardian

Posted by: mrook.4163

mrook.4163

Hey fellow guardians, I have been playing dps guardian in tPvP for a while now and thought I would put together a little guide on my build. The build doesn’t reinvent the wheel but does have a few personal choices that I find quite successful, and I’ve done my best to explain how to play it. I hope you find the guide helpful!

http://intothemists.com/guides/2294-ittys_meditation_dps

in Guardian

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Awesome guide, thanks for sharing!

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

been playing with this for a while now and a big fan of this over x/30/30/x/x, which is still a great build as well. this DPS variant allows for more sustainability, a tiny bit of added group support through aoe condi cleanse, and still hits like a truck. great for on points and very very strong in 1v1.

also, lot of room for choices regarding sigils and runes imo.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: sportman.7329

sportman.7329

can i use it also in solo pvp queues? is it same effectivness?

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

It works well in solo que. I did change it a little though. Dropped 5 out of Radiance and put into virtues to get another damage multiplier. Then also using Unscathed Contender. Yeah I know that’s gimmicky, but it’s a huge help with your initial burst.

Nice DPS build with a lot more sustain then the standard med builds.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: sportman.7329

sportman.7329

Unscathed Contender, what does it mean

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Unscathed Contender, what does it mean

It’s a trait that gives you 20% damage increase when you have Aegis.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

mrook.4163

It works well in solo que. I did change it a little though. Dropped 5 out of Radiance and put into virtues to get another damage multiplier. Then also using Unscathed Contender. Yeah I know that’s gimmicky, but it’s a huge help with your initial burst.

I’ll have to take Harbinger’s word on it in solo q, as I can’t stand Skyhammer or playing what feels like a team game with little to no coordination. Grabbing Power of the Virtuous is something I’ve thought about, but against a coordinated team, Justice is Blind is too key a tool for stomping and blinding big attacks. Unscathed Contender is a fun option, although personally I don’t find it reliable enough. I do think Power of the Virtuous would synergize better with the high retaliation uptime from Vengeful. That’s not to say it’s ineffective how you have it, you just become more burst-oriented at the expense of some of your other strengths.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arkanis.2461

Arkanis.2461

Pretty good build, i’ve used it as a base for the one i’m using now in solo q which is more tanky but still does good damage. Took 10 out of zeal and put into radiance for more crit chance, reset on justice and vuln on blind (i kinda felt that if u have to rely on yourself only burning is not always present on you enemy). Also using barbarian amulet with zerker jewel and runes of melandru to be able to use the big retaliation uptime with a small direct damage loss. I’m low ranked though so don’t take it too seriously, anyway i wanted to say thanks for sharing, it’s been quite helpful to me ^^

in Guardian

Posted by: glorius.1235

glorius.1235

awesome guide, thanks for sharing it, mate!

IGN: Skúgg – currently on Far Shiverpeaks

in Guardian

Dahkeus.8243

This deserves a bump. Still an awesome guide!

in Guardian

Posted by: FausT.5482

FausT.5482

Just curious if anyone has tested the +10% dmg from fiery wrath vs traiting inner fire for more fury up time? Reason being I could redistribute those 10 points from zeal to get bubble on rez and fury on burning?

Macdizzla

in Guardian

Dahkeus.8243

Just curious if anyone has tested the +10% dmg from fiery wrath vs traiting inner fire for more fury up time? Reason being I could redistribute those 10 points from zeal to get bubble on rez and fury on burning?

I’m not sure how you could test that since in Inner Fire is so conditional, but I can’t honestly see how it would be worthwhile to get 3 seconds of fury that only occurs when one specific condition is applied to you. =P

Besides, Fiery Wrath is something that helps you against every class. Inner Fire only helps you when you’re fighting someone that inflicts burning regularly.

in Guardian

mrook.4163

I’m not sure how you could test that since in Inner Fire is so conditional, but I can’t honestly see how it would be worthwhile to get 3 seconds of fury that only occurs when one specific condition is applied to you. =P

Besides, Fiery Wrath is something that helps you against every class. Inner Fire only helps you when you’re fighting someone that inflicts burning regularly.

Basically this, it’s not really something you can test effectively, but Fiery Wrath is a consistent increase in damage, and not a trivial amount. Inner Fire is inconsistent, and more than likely a smaller damage increase than 10%.