Jon Peters Conversation?

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: Dynnen.6405

Dynnen.6405

When is the conversation Jon Peters said he was going to have on the Guardian forums? Anyone know?

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

I think he’s forgotten he said that.

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: Rigel.3092

Rigel.3092

Who cares? Not me.

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

I think a conversation would be cool. I’m not sure how that could work on the forum. Frankly, I think it would be a gong show because I can anticipate it going like this:

Jon: OK, let’s talk about Guardian
Forum Mob: MOBILITY! CONDITIONS! WARRIORS!
Jon: Here is what I think about that
Forum Mob: OMG, Anet doesn’t know anything about the profession! This class will always suck! I’m deleting my Guardian!

(edited by Obtena.7952)

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

I think a conversation would be cool. I’m not sure how that could work on the forum. Frankly, I think it would be a gong show because I can anticipate it going like this:

Forum Mob: OMG, Anet doesn’t know anything about the profession! This class will always suck! I’m deleting my Guardian!

It would be ironic if it wasn’t tragic. The truth is that they really do not know the class.

The profession already have mobility problems and they want nerf our mobility even more changing the Symbol of Swiftness in that way. Will be a lot more painful at PvE and WvW to move around.

And yes, they really don’t want the class. They way to fix condition build? add 3% more to an useless trait. Fix the lack of soft CC? Add AoE to Glacial Heart, but keep the 30 sec cd and only work on hammer. Fix the mobility problem? No, they’ll nerf it.

While in other classes the completely revamp traits (remove the useless ones, change between adept, master) and skills (change its functionality, Cd, etc.) they only tickle the class and not fix what is wrong.

Sorry for my english.

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

There is a lot of vitrol in that post and that’s why a conversation wouldn’t work. I believe they know the class because only they know what direction and concept they want the profession to go. It’s pretty presumptuous to say they don’t know, don’t care and don’t want the class just because it doesn’t work the way players envision it.

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

We got enough mobility to say that we have some, and I’m mostly ok with that. What I think Guardians need is a way to keep people from getting away. Most ‘tank’ classes in other MMOs that are built like Guardians have plenty of ways to keep people from getting away.

I’m using wvw as the perspective because in PVE the mobs just stand there and eat attacks in the teeth, and in SPvP if someone is trying to get away that means they aren’t contesting a point so its a win in your score.

As far as dynamic playstyle I’d like to see our virtues reworked, symbols reworked in the traits, something done with spirit weapons, and trait lines cleaned up. But…until we get a conversation going this is a 1 sided conversation thats just spinning its wheels.

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Ohh and certain weapons reworked as well.

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

He said (about Shattered Aegis):

“As soon as I get in on Monday, I’ll post the damage #s on this and the power scaling. I think a meaningful discussion about this change is going to require that.”

That’s the only conversation I was thinking of, but seems he forgot.

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Ahh, well we can have a discussion on that…and hopefully more of a discussion about the rest of the problems with the class mechanics. #fingerscrossed

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

Anet most likely knows what we want (I hope) but they have there own vision of the class they want to enforce and most likely will ignore our wants until they see the results of there changes.

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Dynnen.6405

Well we’d all love to hear where they want to take the class. I think thats the most important thing we should know atm.

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

agreed. would love some insight into where / what they’ve got planned for the Guards. i really just want some more reliable hard / soft CC built into our skills/traits/weapons. so as it stands, it seems they’re still stuck on us getting in the fight and staying in the fight. survivability is fine, mobility is fine, imho… but the ability of others escaping and resetting the fight before any of my CD’s are back up is one of the larger issues for me.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

Judge’s Invention now stuns 3 seconds on impact….If character stun breaks out of it. They receive a slow for another 3 seconds. Call the slow “Burden of Guilt”. See GW2 it’s not hard to come up with something

Can we have that for christmas?

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

as if JI isn’t one of our best tools for landing massive burst damage already ; )))
but i like it. soak up all that deeps, all of it!!!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lucentfir.7430

Lucentfir.7430

Judge’s Invention now stuns 3 seconds on impact….If character stun breaks out of it. They receive a slow for another 3 seconds. Call the slow “Burden of Guilt”. See GW2 it’s not hard to come up with something

Can we have that for christmas?

That kinda seems ridiculous. I’d rather have Soft CC on our weapons or a minor trait that applies chill or something so we can actually stick and not everyone can just flee from us(the ones without traveler Runes). JI stun and slow if stun break sounds really OP, at least from my perspective.

Reth Grimrazor – Charr Guardian – [GWB]Grim Warband – Tarnished Coast
Redgen Furyblaze – Charr Guardian – [SHD]Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast
Lerious Warhowl – Charr Warrior – [SHD] Shade Warband – Tarnished Coast

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: Adrianicus Shield.6803

Adrianicus Shield.6803

How about a trait in the master line of zeal that applies 2-3 stacks of vulnerability each time you set fire to a foe. That’ll give condition guardians an automatic cover for their fire applications, it will give a good bonus to power guardians, since they are setting things on fire anyways from VoJ, it would also fit in very well with the new kindled zeal for a hybrid guardian.

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Jon Peters is currently over in the Ranger sub-forum …

This is the last thing you need here …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Stop whining, he just posted in our thread.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

To be honest he posted only one question about the least important thing. 5% more dmg for sword. There are much more important thinks to talk about then this.
But lets wait a day or two it must be hard to work and post on so many question on forums.

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Oh, and he finally admitted that the ranger pet AI is so borked due to technical issues that Anet cannot fix it.

So, whatever problems you might think plague guardians, they are small potatoes compared to the ranger’s class mechanic not working properly and will never be fixed.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

There is a lot of vitrol in that post and that’s why a conversation wouldn’t work. I believe they know the class because only they know what direction and concept they want the profession to go. It’s pretty presumptuous to say they don’t know, don’t care and don’t want the class just because it doesn’t work the way players envision it.

So the devs can’t ignore any useless posts and have a conversation with the many people who would be civil? Or maybe it would hurt there feelings to read bad stuff? I mean it its not like they are doing a job or anything we wouldn’t want there feelings hurt! I don’t know how old you are or how long you have been playing MMORPGs but most Devs/game companies have moved beyond my way is the high way 100% and work with there player bases collaboratively. That doesn’t mean they should re-design every class based on the whims of the player-base but to act like Father’s knows best 100% I don’t buy it and never will buy it. The fact of the matter is these guys have demanding jobs and they can’t know as much about how a Guardian plays as an actual Guardian players with hundreds or thousands of hours in. They don’t have the time to play the game that much. So in a lot of cases they think a class plays like x in a certain situation(becuase it looks like that on paper) when in fact it plays like y really. (reality > then on paper). There is no substitute for playing extensively when it comes to understand a class. Nothing else comes close.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Calm down cowboy. You’re reading way too much into what I have said. I’m not here to argue with you. I’m simply saying that a ‘conversation’ would probably not be a very useful approach to communicating to a group of people that don’t understand why Anet hasn’t thrown us all the mobility, HP, Regen, damage and warrior-godliness they have been demanding.

I’m still going to stand by the fact that if someone goes into the conversation with the mindset that the class is ‘lacking’ something and Anet is just too clueless/careless/inexperienced to fix it, they aren’t going to hear answers to the questions they want to ask.

Jon Peters Conversation?

in Guardian

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

Oh, and he finally admitted that the ranger pet AI is so borked due to technical issues that Anet cannot fix it.

So, whatever problems you might think plague guardians, they are small potatoes compared to the ranger’s class mechanic not working properly and will never be fixed.

So instead of fixing problems that can be fixed, you’d rather JP spend his time talking about stuff that can’t be fixed? What are you insane? That’s a complete waste of time. Stop wasting their time with foolish ranger complaints.

And WTF is with people going to all other class sub-forums and complaining about the ranger?

Seriously, rangers have a lot of decent builds and they’ve gotten a whole lot of attention in the past 6 months.

They’re played by the whiny brats of GW2. No matter how much changes or improves for rangers, these guys still whine about everything they have…and then take it to another sub-forum and whine some more.