Just created a Guardian.

Just created a Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: TyrantV.4076

TyrantV.4076

And i was looking for good Tanky DPS guides but none of them have trait allocation.

So i came here to ask the pros what is the best trait build or weapon for such Guardian?

Just created a Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Proteus.6320

Proteus.6320

Reroll warrior or necro.

Guardians have lowest HP, crap sustain, no decent condition bunker builds to take advantage of the far FAR superior condi itemization (other bunkers can spec conditions and use dire armor for condi/vit/toughness, guardian bunkers if they want any pressure at all have to gear for power/prec/crit dmg/vit/toughness, which is why bunker guards cant kill anyone) and have to sacrifice far too much to get mobility or condition removal (never both) while having only group stability we are sought after in wvwvw.

Boon bot is your role. If you want to do dps you need to spec power/prec/crit damage which is countered heavily by the meta of conditions which has far better itemization.

My advice until guardians get buffs (as long as spvp only offers conquest mode the glaring deficiencies of the class won’t be addressed- conquest = hold a node, don’t have to kill anyone. As soon as a mode rolls in that requires actually holding a node AND defeating your opponent, guardians will be back burners and for good reason IMO) roll some other class.

(edited by Proteus.6320)

Just created a Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: thrice.9184

thrice.9184

Cool will take this all in, Might go necro will do more research.

Ranger put into Retirement due to Anet Abuse.
9/3/13 rip

Just created a Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Quin.9740

Quin.9740

Guardians are fine. Very strong in zergs. Easy in PVE. Good 1v1s in PVP and WvW. Only weakness is mobility. Levelling is a breeze. You can actually do AC dungeon on a lvl 35 Guardian.
I would not reroll. Guardians are still strong even against Warriors. No Warrior can bunker as good as a Guardian.

Mighty Quin of SOR

(edited by Quin.9740)

Just created a Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Proteus.6320

Proteus.6320

Guardians are fine if all you so is solo pve, some dungeons, and Zerg wvwvw. Plenty of other classes are easy in pve, Zerg well, and level easy. Guardians are pretty bad in 1v1 and wvwvw short of zergball. Guardians excel at making a super tiny area around them hostile, but lack ways to keep opponents there. In pve this isn’t a problem- in wvwvw and pvp it is.

It’s pretty sad when you read a classes perks are “levels easy and is great when you are surround by 30 other players.”

It’s not exactly an endearing endorsement.

OP, roll another class. Guardians are progressively falling behind the other classes. Half the armor in the game is useless, we have no viable condition builds, and in a meta of conditions+mobility, we don’t get conditions and have to choose between condition removal OR mobility, and be locked into multiple utilities/weapons just to achieve it.

Tldr: roll warrior or necro if you want to be an asset to anything other than a Zerg.

(edited by Proteus.6320)

Just created a Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

I won’t go as far as the others have, there are agenda’s within the responses you’ve received thus far…. and rightly so.

Facts:
- Guardians sacrifice TOO MUCH to go full on DPS and in the current Meta, you will get destroyed, whereas other classes do not.

- You can spec for a “Tanky DPS”, but you will be pigeon holed into Melandru/Hoelbrak Runes + Lemongrass + 3 Passive Condi Removal…. OR…. 30 in Honor for PoV.

Those are your two choices ATM.

There are two Roaming Builds that I use currently, that work well, but you really need a DPS class with you (thieves work great)… Both of them are 30 in Honor…. that tells you alot about the current META.

If you want Mobility, you ~have to~ take 2 of the following: Greatsword / Sword / JI.

It’s all we have and it’s fk’n lame.

Do not expect to catch someone or escape if you don’t have 2/3. Also, expect for most players to get away from you, as we have ZERO on demand Chill/Cripple and taking Hammer/Scepter forces you to take up a Utility for JI.

Guardians Sacrifice too much in order to be competent roamers and are basically pigeon holed into 1 or two builds.

Don’t expect to 1vX as a DPS guard right now against equal players w/ equal gear, unless you’re bunker.

The Devs have basically left this class unattended for too long and it’s slipping, rapidly… specifically in the DPS → Survivability department: 13k health is a fk’n joke.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

Just created a Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

I totally agree with Amins and Proteus.

Is so frustrating playing a guardian right now, you are always heavily kite, your lack of mobility and defense against cripple/chill/immobilize .

You cant keep enemies in melee because you havent soft CC or any kind of slow. The enemy if is losing just walk away and you cant do nothing about that.

Vs condition build you ll have a BAD time, you are maybe the best condition remover in the game, you ll remove condition until you die, just that, you ll die anyways, the re-apply of conditions is FAR superior than you condition removal. You ll be always chilled, or crippled. You can blink (you cant jump because of slow impairment) and hit one or two blows, no more. And you havent decent range weapon.

Roll a warrior, far superior and better designed.

Just created a Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

(…)
I would not reroll. Guardians are still strong even against Warriors. No Warrior can bunker as good as a Guardian.

I lold so badly…

(…)

Wise words.

To the OP, run a warrior or necro.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Just created a Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Quin.9740

Quin.9740

(…)

I lold so badly…

(…)

Wise words.

To the OP, run a warrior or necro.

I main a warrior and I play a guardian and do fine as a guardian. I can beat warriors as a guardian in pvp and wvw. In fact bunker Guardians are more sought after in tPVP than warriors. In pve, guardians are very strong, may not do the same dps as a warrior, but can carry a poor group through a dungeon much easier than as a warrior. I do not even have to dodge and I can facetank most bosses. No way you be able to do that on a Warrior. I have 6 level 80s and the guardian is the easiest to play in PVE. I play mostly my guardian in melee train zergs. With the high uptime on boons and stability, my guardian is much stronger than my warrior and integral part of wvw in tier 1.

The only issue I find with playing Guardian is mobility and range. This is the only weakness I find. Therefore solo roaming is harder, but in small groups Guardians shine.

No matter what may be the strongest professions at the moment. Anet is continually buffing and nerfing professions all the time. So maybe next month Guardians will be the most OP profession and warrior the weakest. Just bear in mind Warriors were the weakest profession in PVP, only in the last month have they become strong.

If you enjoy Guardian, play it. I have not regretted playing mine. I feel the negativity is coming from those who enjoyed playing an OP profession for so long and now Anet has balanced the game not in their favour they are upset. My advice is play what you like.

Mighty Quin of SOR

Just created a Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I hope you know that this game is far from being balanced or classes having their role defined…

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Just created a Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

To OP:

Go with what you want, but in the end you will experience what every one on this thread is saying. In PVE its great, in PvP, people will assume you are a Bunker build, and they will get upset when you die, and you will die. Engi’s, Necro’s and Rangers can bunk better than any Guardian, you wanna know why? Because they can actually kill who is trying to kill them. The true bunker build for guardians cant solo anything. in PvP or WvW.

Crazy Leg