Just wondering what spirit shield does

in Guardian

Posted by: Tequilapear.1246

Tequilapear.1246

Tried out the other spirit weapons but im not sure what spirit shield does.. Ppl tell me its good in fractals… but havent seem any other guard using it yet..

Madboar- SOS – 80 Warrior
Nashypear-SOS – 80 Guardian
Tequilapears-SOS – 80 Ranger

in Guardian

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

it makes a dome to protect you when you are attacked, this dome actually negates quite a few boss attacks

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

The shield follows behind the guardian and periodically generates a Shield of Absorption that absorbs projectiles. The shield generated does not push back.

The shield will not begin generating the shield until a nearby ally is struck.

Works extremely well with holding points. Forces people to get into melee range. Really good combo is Hammer or Greatsword with mace/shield. Also make sure you use some of the traits with it. You can get it to last 30 seconds with only a 48 CD.

Really great. Probably the best spirit weapon imo.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

in Guardian

Posted by: Silentstorm.7531

Silentstorm.7531

I started trying the shield more with my soldier build. I was actually more interesting then I remembered it to be. It really does have a place in builds if people give it a fair shot.

in Guardian

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Shield is the best spirit weapon, IMO. It massively reduces the damage any ranged attacker can do to you by blocking for fairly signifigant periods of time (there’s more block time than there is downtime between blocks), to the point where it even makes most ranged champions relatively unthreatening.

The only problem with it is that it tends to get lost a bit if you move around too much. You kind of have to work to stay in it or summon it at melee range so you can stay mostly stationary.

In PvE anyways, I imagine players would have a lot more tools to deal with it so probably not quite as good in PvP situations (not to mention PvP requiring more movement as well).

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

(…)
In PvE anyways, I imagine players would have a lot more tools to deal with it so probably not quite as good in PvP situations (not to mention PvP requiring more movement as well).

I will try to use the shield again today, for some reason i did not elected it as a must use skill, in PVE high level armor and high healing covers almost any damage.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Spirit Shield is extremely handy to use on many fights in PvE. It’s basically 20 seconds of projectile immunity. The only downsize is the cooldown starts after the shield disappears.

I haven’t tried it in WvW though because I use WoR instead.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in Guardian

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

So is this a good skill versus the Grawl fractal boss? I’m having trouble with him at scale 30. When the Lava Elementals come out, are they using projectile attacks?

in Guardian

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

So is this a good skill versus the Grawl fractal boss? I’m having trouble with him at scale 30. When the Lava Elementals come out, are they using projectile attacks?

Yes they are. So use spirit shield and wall of reflect, and you’ll see a lot better results.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in Guardian

Posted by: Wasabee.5031

Wasabee.5031

Yes, Lava elementals use projectile attacks. The attacks can be blocked by guardian’s spirit shield, santuary, WoR, thief’s smoke screen, mesmer’s feedback.