Kind of regretting the Guardian since 80

in Guardian

Posted by: Cezton.2415

Cezton.2415

Since 80 I’ve had a lot of bad experiences in dungeons. While aiming for a burn/crit build I found that I would die way too often. Now I’m all toughness/boon support/heals and it’s pretty stale I must say, simply because I can’t really DPS outside of the dungeons, and while in the dungeons nobody hops in my bubbles. Too much mindless zerging.

Still want to play, but between not being able to grind for money or enjoy my support build in dungeons it’s making me regret rolling this profession.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

You want to get vitality too, just sitting there with pure toughness won’t help you if the hit you take after mitigation is still larger than your HP pool. Also the healer’s woe is to deal with bad dps. I know that feel man.

Explorer’s gear will cost you a few silver a piece, has MF and all offensive stats and is probably the best for outdoors farming. The only expensive explorers are the rare/exotics which don’t even give more mf %. It may not be ideal, but masterwork 80s is really all you need to do all the content in the game.

in Guardian

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Nooooo!!!!!
Go only with berserker gear, why in the world would you want to be more tanky?
Don’t you have enough survivability already?

Max damage and learn to utilize your boons, blinds and dodge rolls.

in Guardian

Cezton.2415

@Lumines, where is this explorer gear to? Never heard of it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Velisong.9543

Velisong.9543

Make sure you have at least 15.5k hp or so, otherwise my full crit/crit damage/support build works fine. It’s more about dodging and utility choices over straight stats.

in Guardian

Lumines.3916

It drops randomly and you can easily grab pieces off the tradng post. Utilizing blind, blocks and dodge is something ALL guardian builds have to do. Grabbing some vitality merely gives you a nice buffer zone and more room for error should kitten hit the fan.

Why play a glass cannon when you can be an extremely bulky tanky DPS with the Guardian (Soldiers Amulet)?

in Guardian

Cezton.2415

I think I will go back to DPS then and utilize my support/conditions better…

What would I need to type in the trading post for the explorer’s gear, what’s it called? Or rather what color is it. Thanks again.

in Guardian

Lumines.3916

Explorer’s is the prefix. It comes in Blue, Green, Rare and Exotic variants. Though no matter how high of a quality, each piece always gives 3% MF, only the other stats are higher.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Can just agree with a poster above, i do all pvecontent, open world and dungeons in berserkergear and berserker weapons.

Even with 12k health i just run thru pvecontent with my hammer/1h sword setup.

The only time i struggle is in situations when i need ranged and then i have to equip the scepter and that is solved.

Give it time, berserker is all you need and its superfun in combination with altruistic healing, vigorous precision and inspired virtues.

Even the staff becomes fun with these traits, just use skill 4 when you need health and you will get the picture.

Hang in there, the guardian rocks as offense in pve.

in Guardian

Posted by: Feralmoon.2967

Feralmoon.2967

Ive recently respecced my guardian to be using hammers and getting healing symbols, larger symbols and longer symbols, along with the altruistic healing trait and shouts, along with rune of soldiers so my shouts can remove conditions, as well as get more vit and tough.

I dont find my killing too slow with the hammer and its fun running with the zerg or organized grps in pve cos you see lots of numbers fly, both white and green numbers. It helps that the friends i usually run with are warriors that melee so they get the healing and prot from my symbols too

in Guardian

Posted by: Feralmoon.2967

Feralmoon.2967

actually thanks to Brutaly thread about hammers that made me spec hammers haha, thanks Brut! its really quite fun

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

actually thanks to Brutaly thread about hammers that made me spec hammers haha, thanks Brut! its really quite fun

Np, its weird that so many complaining about the hammer in both pve and pvp when there isnt one single weapon that allows you to play as ferocious and fast as the hammer does.

It is THE frontline soldier of the game.

Stack critchance to 50% and its just hysterical.

If you pull a mob or two and get low on health the solution isnt to try and kite, its infact to pull more mobs to get more heals and more damage.

Saving up to a explorer set now and i will try they out, the extra drops would be nice but not more important then running thru level 80 areas and kill everything fast and furious.

in Guardian

Cezton.2415

Took everyone’s tips seriously and ended up getting full masterwork explorer’s with the pirate rune for more magic find. Omnom bars for even more MF.

I decided to go to Cursed Shore and managed to get a skill point I was stuck on and about 1g 20s in a little over an hour of just cutting through enemies and selling greens/blues and mats to the TP. It feels nice being able to kill 2-3 enemies fairly quickly.

I ended up getting a hammer for my swap, so between that and the great sword things feel a lot better than they did before.

I went 25 Zeal, 20 Radiance, 15 Valor and 10 to Virtues.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Took everyone’s tips seriously and ended up getting full masterwork explorer’s with the pirate rune for more magic find. Omnom bars for even more MF.

I decided to go to Cursed Shore and managed to get a skill point I was stuck on and about 1g 20s in a little over an hour of just cutting through enemies and selling greens/blues and mats to the TP. It feels nice being able to kill 2-3 enemies fairly quickly.

I ended up getting a hammer for my swap, so between that and the great sword things feel a lot better than they did before.

I went 25 Zeal, 20 Radiance, 15 Valor and 10 to Virtues.

Good for you!

May i suggest that you move those points out of zeal, if your not into spiritweapons which isnt that great for open world pve due to cooldowns, and max out altruistic healing.

Just try it with vigorous precision and over 40% crit in combination with the hammer and i think you will ditch the gs as well. Infact is that i use my 1h sword and focus as my defensive option.

Use runes of energy and in combination with vigorous precision and selfless daring you have survivability and alwasy three dodges up your sleeve.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUAQNAsdSlYg67mESKEmIFRuALFE0g4Hw41DHSRGC;TYArPGRcEZLyTk5HA

Test this but dont forget you need the critrating, 40-50% is about right..

You dont need 10 points in virtues, 5 is enough, then you get more boons from virtues which synergies really well with altruistic healing and can have those points in honor.

check out retributive armor, in most setups that trait is more powerful then actually investing in radiance. Purity is also great, removing conditions on the fly whihc increases movementspeed thru the maps, when farmign nodes.

Zeal is arguably our worst traitline, unless going spiritweapons, and if you need more power adjust that with gems and gear.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Posted by: Revan.2015

Revan.2015

I feel you man, I noticed a slight increase in getting downed when doing 80 dungeons. I did find a way to alleviate some of the stress tho. If you want to push dps and such and still survive try cross stat stacking. Armor for dps and traits for defense or other way around. Also the Superior Guardian runes give a great amount of toughness with heals. I myself run the Valkyric Draconic set with 6 Superior runes of the Guardian.

I am specced into 20 valor 20 honor and 30 virtues. It gives me a solid defensive basis and the Virtue traits allow for some really nice retaliation. Which helps in dps and works miracles in pvp.

In the long run I learned that the amount of dps is irrelevant if you can’t stay alive long enough to actually dish it out.

in Guardian

Posted by: Essa.5826

Essa.5826

Sent you a PM Brutaly.

FSP

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Ive recently respecced my guardian to be using hammers and getting healing symbols, larger symbols and longer symbols, along with the altruistic healing trait and shouts, along with rune of soldiers so my shouts can remove conditions, as well as get more vit and tough.

I dont find my killing too slow with the hammer and its fun running with the zerg or organized grps in pve cos you see lots of numbers fly, both white and green numbers. It helps that the friends i usually run with are warriors that melee so they get the healing and prot from my symbols too

hey Feralmoon! if you see this, you mind sharing your build? i’m debating heavily investing in both Honor / Valor lines.. and want the 5 in virtues. then i want precision also. haha so just wanted to learn a bit more. : )))

anyone else can help as well. if i DO indeed max out both valor and honor (maybe can do 20 in honor cause i love symbols and 2handed mastery would be good no?) can i just make the whatever i’m lacking in crit chance % with gear, etc?

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

@akamon maxing out both valor and honor works just fine. With a berserkergear (exotic) you will end up with well over 40% critchance, over 60% critdamage and about 15k health and over 1800 in power. Pretty impressive condsidering the boons a hammerbuild can generate makes you able to tank huge hordes of mobs.

I use retreat and save your selves as shouts in pve and signets for healing and also signet of judgement for less incoming damage and ofc even more boons to the group and heals to me.

Switch out 2h and mastery for pure of voice for even more teamsupport and heals or larger symbols, or heals from symbols or…………….. The list of alternatives is endless. The only four things you never should alter is:
1. Altruistic healing
2. Retributive armor, i wonder when people will realis how good that one really is?
3. Vigorous precision
4. Inspired virtues

Have fun

My build for solos and group pve.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUAQNAS8NlYgSDnFCTkiIXgtAsHYE+Z86hDpIDB;TIBA2ynEOJdS9kyJqsMZJyymlLLZWLMGYcEZLyTkpIA
Used with hammer and 1h focus where hammer is the offensive/sipport option and 1h the option when im about to die, blinds are huge in pve.

in Guardian

Posted by: bantapoo.1093

bantapoo.1093

I have to admit, the guardian is a real melee powerhouse.
I’m using Greatsword/hammer combo, and im treated full zeal/honor lines, improving symbols, 2h damage and shouts.
Alas the ranged options are non-existants, which makes you weak vs ranged mobs, and hard to fight a melee centric boss with aoes knockdowns etc (fighting champion ettins is a never ending dodge dance).
I must say that the elite options terrible suck for an offensive build, and if you’re norn its even worse, as racial elites suck.
I hope Anet gets a deep look at these issues.

in Guardian

Posted by: Wolfgrey.2049

Wolfgrey.2049

Hey guys dont forget the Zeal line is just fine for more than spirit weapons.You seem to forget about us burning guardians.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.3.2.12.17.0.2.2.2.0.53.69.74.62.76.9.9.48.152.155.162.168.170.172.182.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.30.30.10.0.0

We loves our zeal.

For ranged options a scepter/torch setup does just fine. Smite has pretty long range and if you use the chain first, you can set it for good damage with ease. Zealet’s Flame can be double pressed to turn into a long range single target high damage skill that also applies burn. Cleansing Flame also has a surprisingly decent range.The auto attack while not the best in the game is also solid as well.

Bring Tome Of Wrath along and all your range options are covered, plus the buffs are excellent.Speedy scepter attacks are a riot to watch. But still a group will thank you for those excellent buffs.

in Guardian

Posted by: phor.7952

phor.7952

@Brutality

You go take [Altruistic Healing] and have a high crit rate, but put only 15 in Honor?
Wouldn’t it be much more effective to put 20 into Honor for [Empowering Might] than [Inscribed Removal] from the extra 5 in Radiance?

[Empowering Might] together with a crit gear lets you dish out a ton more boons which means a lot more self-healing as well. (as long as you’re in a group that is; and the bigger the group, the better)

in Guardian

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

Something that I do that helps me in dungeons, I carry extra sets of jewelry, I power/ precision set, and a vitality/toughness set. When I’m going up against dungeon bosses or hard hitting champs I swap out my jewelry and it so far has made a big difference in switching in the fly, between surviving and pounding out damage.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

@ Phor
Check further down in the thread and you find an other build which is my main pvebuild. It incorporates empowering might.

If its more effective? Well that depends on playstyle and what you want to achieve with the build.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Posted by: Mordaeth.3824

Mordaeth.3824

@Brutaly

Can you please explain “If you pull a mob or two and get low on health the solution isnt to try and kite, its infact to pull more mobs to get more heals and more damage.” that quote in more detail. I can’t figure out what you mean by you get more heals from more mobs. Please explain. Thanks.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

@Mordeath
My main point was that the hammer probably is, contrary to what people might think, the most offensive weapon we have.

The reason for this is that it can, thru traits, build some really nice survivability which gets stronger the more dps you put out there. Its the best weapon we have to push into crowded situations. Not just thru traits like altruistic healing but also thru the inherent cc it has and ofc aoe and the symbol and its boons.

Take vigorous precision as an example.

If you are up versus one mob you procc it on every crit, granting vigor and in combination with altruistic healing you gain health. So basically leech health form one and taking damage form one.

If you get two mobs you gain even more, you gain vigor for each crit and each mob which allows you to dodge more often and if using selfless daring this means that you almost have an unlimited amount of dodges. Vigor stacking in duration is infact a good thing here.

By using strafing and positioning you can outmanouver the pack of mobs but still get all of them inside the aoe of MB and SoP, hitting with all your aoe, proccing crits and vigor/health but only be exposed to one or two of the mobs dps.

So in short having 4 mobs to leech health from but maybe just 2 being able to hit on you.

The same goes for empowering might, it proccs more often when you hae more opponents, even though it seems to have a 1 s internal cd.

This is an example of what i mean, i think you need to try it in action to fully get my point and it becomes even more clear if you play with a party, the more the merrier, and your teammates get that when you have a hammerguardian in your team you should always, no matter what almost, be inside the symbol of the hammer.

Hammers get stronger by more opponents and in crowded situations.

Strafing is key though, if you play head to head then the above doesnt seem to apply to the same extent that i experience with my hammerguardian.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Posted by: Meiti.7205

Meiti.7205

@Brutaly
Your link to your build for solos and group pve seems not to be totally correct as it doesn’t list a skill for #9 (the one before the elite skill).

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

I left it out of purpose, the main thing was the distribution of points.

I use two shouts (retreat and save yourselves) and signet of judgement.

The reason for that is to move around faster and ofc taking 10% less damage which makes me even less dependent on cooldowns and make me be able to kill faster.

in Guardian

Meiti.7205

@Brutaly
The link does not correspond to what you write.
The link (for me) shows #7 “Smite Condition” and #8 “Hold the line!”

I mean this link form you above

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUAQNAS8NlYgSDnFCTkiIXgtAsHYE+Z86hDpIDB;TIBA2ynEOJdS9kyJqsMZJyymlLLZWLMGYcEZLyTkpIA

in Guardian

Meiti.7205

(edited by Meiti.7205)

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Yeah thats correct. With altruistic healing and superior aria shouts is a given.

Sorry for being sloppy when posting.

in Guardian

Posted by: Eyvindr.9327

Eyvindr.9327

Hello there fellow guardians, nice thread and good advices.

I’ve been trying to come up with some build for my fresh level 80 Guardian and I came up with something pretty similar to the Brutaly’s build. Although I cant decide what gear to craft/get. I’’ll be crafting my set and according to link, he uses Knight’s amulet (vit/power/preci) but Knight’s armor has (toughness/power/preci) and as accessories he uses combination of power/preci/critDMG with a little bit of vitality.

I know that I need a lot of crit, thats a nobrainer, but I’m not sure what combination to get. So far I’m thinking about Knight’s armor (toughness/power/preci), Beryl jewels (power/critDMG/vit) and maybe berserker weapons ? His original build has a ton more of vitality, but if I want to get enough precision out of a crafted gear, looks like I’ll have to swap some of it for toughness and hope that vitality from jewels is enough.
Or do some of you have some other good combination to get these stats easily via crafted gear?

TL;DR: What is the closest crafted gear setup (weapons/armor/jewels) to the Brutaly’s build?

in Guardian

Posted by: Mordaeth.3824

Mordaeth.3824

Thanks for the reply brutaly

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

he uses Knight’s amulet (vit/power/preci) but Knight’s armor has (toughness/power/preci) and as accessories he uses combination of power/preci/critDMG with a little bit of vitality.

The build was just an example of my traits, sorry for being unclear.

I use a berserker gear, transmutated from 3 different other skins, and have power/crit/critdamage in everything i use besides just three things which have healing in them.

The reason for healing is that selfless daring scales almost 1 to 1 with healingstats, and in combination with sigil of energy on my focus i get 3 heals in a row in addition to what crits and vigor give me. You need to dodge, why not gain health from it.

If you go with altruistic healing critbuilds is what counts imo since you have two traits that give boons on crit.

@Mordaeth
You are welcome.

in Guardian

Posted by: Melizande.7230

Melizande.7230

Hey there Brutaly. You’ve been an amazing help in this thread. Reading it got me interested in returning to my Guardian. Just a few questions about the below:

Take vigorous precision as an example.

If you are up versus one mob you procc it on every crit, granting vigor and in combination with altruistic healing you gain health. So basically leech health form one and taking damage form one.

If you get two mobs you gain even more, you gain vigor for each crit and each mob which allows you to dodge more often and if using selfless daring this means that you almost have an unlimited amount of dodges. Vigor stacking in duration is infact a good thing here.

Are you implying that you yourself count as “allies”? Meaning when you crit, and it applies a vigor stack, even if it’s only on you, it counts you as an “ally” for Altruistic Healing?

Also, how does Selfless Daring turn into additional dodges?

Finally, it applies a heal when you dodge, correct? Does it also count you as an ally in this regard, and get healed aswell?

Thanks!

in Guardian

Posted by: Plato.6128

Plato.6128

Cezton.2415:

As a note: the **** parrot that comes with the 6th pirate rune gets really annoying after a while! I would suggest subbing in a magic find rune from another set here (can’t think of it off the top of my head).

Tryndamere Hardrada
[CERN] – Tarnished Coast

in Guardian

Eyvindr.9327

@Brutaly
ok, so pretty much Berserker weapons, 3x Berserker armor + 3x Cleric armor and Ruby jewels
I also wanted to ask if sigils of energy wouldn’t be better than blood, but looks like you use energy
My final question is what rune set do you use, in that link you use of the Soldier, which I really like but maybe there are some other good/better options …

THX very much in advance, you’ve been very very helpfull.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Are you implying that you yourself count as “allies”? Meaning when you crit, and it applies a vigor stack, even if it’s only on you, it counts you as an “ally” for Altruistic Healing?

Also, how does Selfless Daring turn into additional dodges?

Finally, it applies a heal when you dodge, correct? Does it also count you as an ally in this regard, and get healed aswell?
Thanks!

Yes, you are an ally so every boon you apply to an ally is also applied to you and trigger altruistic healing. So the chain and mighty blow will procc 4 different boons. The average for 50% crit rating is 6 boons applied to you, more if there are more then one target, and an average heal of about 400. With more targets in the aoe the heals will increase dramatically.

My point is that crits give you vigor which increases the endurance regen which makes it possible to make 4 dodges, 3 in a row with swap and one more about 4 seconds later.

And yes it also heals your teammates.

@Eyvindr
Yeah that setup would be similar to mine.

I heal for 500 each dodge so i have about 100 in healingstats.

I use energy in both hammer and focus in pve and accuracy i 1h sword.

In pvp i use intelligence in the hammer. With 50% critrating its 75% chance of critting two mighty blow in a row if MB is the attack you use after swap.

I dont use runes in pve, i use gems. I prefer absolute numbers instead of proccs and situational buffs and those are more priceworth and i can afford to switch and test new stuff. Sure i could buy divinity runes but those are expensive as hell.

During beta i played around with blood sigils but my experience is that you need to get well over 50% critrating until they turn reliable. its a procc on procc. I cant see a hammerbuild ever get that high, not even with full exotic trinkets and gemming.

If i was going pure 1h build i would use them in combination with the chill on swap sigils.

in Guardian

Eyvindr.9327

@Brutaly

Ok then, I’ll count how much stats will I get from Exquisite Ruby Jewels and from some other rune sets and will see for myself. And yeah, that Divinity rune is quite pricey but I think I’ll give it a go.

Thanks another time I guess, I’m out of questions …

in Guardian

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

I use 1 set to farm with all the exotics jewels other exotic set to wvwvw, other set to be full suport and another to tank like hell when my guildmates need that.

All with exotics weapons shield focus scepter greatswords staff.

I fell the guardian is extremely good for all, mostly on wvw. i kill like hell and support my team.

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

in Guardian

Posted by: Grace.6074

Grace.6074

Brutaly, all of your posts about hammer recently have really made me interested in trying it out myself.

I’m still leveling though and I have to ask if it’s any good before 80…I’m particularly worried about not being able to go all the way into the trait point trees or having enough crit to support the build. My character is currently 61.

Aerre – Sylvari Elementalist
Necro/Warrior/Ranger/Mesmer/Guardian
HoD – PHZE

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

Brutaly, all of your posts about hammer recently have really made me interested in trying it out myself.

I’m still leveling though and I have to ask if it’s any good before 80…I’m particularly worried about not being able to go all the way into the trait point trees or having enough crit to support the build. My character is currently 61.

well ofc its good but it really starts to shine with critrating. At about 40% you will start to get why this is so nice.

Sure you can stack it while leveling as well but its gonna cost you, i swapped gear (one of the reasons i chose armorsmith) every fifth level to keep the critrating as high as possible.

May i suggest knights armor to wear and retributive armor, which is in the same line as altruistic healing. Knights armor have lots of toughness which retributive armor transform 5% of into critrating. It was worth it!

Its two tratis you need, vigorous precision and altruisitic healing. Thats 35 traitpoints. To reach AH you chose purity and retributive armor. Just put the rest in radiance for now and get decent critgear and it will work out really nice.

in Guardian

Melizande.7230

Hey Brutaly,

Earlier in the post if I recall, you were promoting Berserker gear, and then later you mentioned cleric.

Have you seen a better crit yield since switching to Knights? Or at least enough to compensate the loss of power/precision?

in Guardian

Posted by: Sol.3296

Sol.3296

@ Brutality – In regards to the 1 sec ICD for might Empowered Might I was wondering what happens in a situation where I have 4 mobs and I crit them all with MB. Do I only get 1 of those crits out of the 4 proccing Empowered Might or do I get all 4 procs and then an ICD of 1 second?

Thanks in advance.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

@Melizande
no i wasnt promoting cleric gear, it was just one way for the one i responded to to get the healing stats i have. I have accessories with SOME healstats in them. Infact in general im opposed to healing gear. Heals are the worst kind of support imo, then its better to build so you use weapons with a high degree of supporttools in them and for concecrations and/or shouts.

The nice thing is with Knights gear is that you can switch out some gear for pov/vit/tough stuff, and still end up the same critrating as with berserker.

And yeah it was worth it. I bought a full knights gear yesterday and use superior rune of the soldier instead of ruby orbs, survivability just went up by a mile and my critrating went from 51% to 48%., hp went up with 1650, toughness with 50 + what the armor itself gives you and shouts now remove a condition. this mean i could switch some upgrades in other stuff to even more damage and the healsaccessories are now totally gone.
My stats:
HP: 15300
Crit/critdamage: 48%/71%
Armor: 2900
Attack: 2744

I removed signet of judgement and now roll with 3 shouts in wvw, which was the main reason for getting this gear, and alternate one shout with wall of reflection. depending on situation.

Yesterday I also got one piece of karmaarmor, heavy aurora breastplate, with the same stats as the wvw gear but i think i have to play something completely different from my altruistic healing specc to make use of that gear. Probably 0/30/30/5/5 and 1h sword/scepter.

Still i hit a ranger for 4,8k with mighty blow yesterday. WvW i mainly played with staff/scepter but now i use my hammer and scepter and the staff is only a means of transportation and when sieging.

BUT, im actually thinking of moving out of altruistic healing in WvW, you dont gain as much from it there as you do in pve and spvp other then from skill 4 on the staff and since staff isnt my main in WvW i will focus more on damage and support then survivability.

@Sol
Frankly i dont know.
what i do know is i use both empowering might and vigorous precision and i get multiple heals. If thats one or the other or a combination that gives me multiple heals isnt clear.

But whats clear is that what you describe gives 400 health back and if you have a couple of friendlies in the area of the symbol we are talking about over 1k health, that is good enough for me.

(edited by Brutaly.6257)

in Guardian

Sol.3296

@ Brutality. No worries. I’m actually interested as it would certainly give more weight to wanting more opponenets to make altruistic healer even more effective so I’ll test it out and post the results back in this thread.

(edited by Sol.3296)

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

@Sol
No worries, get more enemies, altruistic healing gets relatively stronger with more opponents. One or the other of vigorous precision or empowering might works just as you described.

Search fo other posts of me and you can find a post i did yesterday, i think, that tried to explain why i think altruistic healing gets stronger with more enemies.

Think my record so far is 12 mobs in one pull in cursed shore, sure it got hectic and i had to use cooldowns, not my elite though. Sure it can be done with a healing specc in minutes but i kill in seconds with 51% critrating and 103% critdamage when going full berserker in pve.

You know that champion gigant that walks around in cursed shore, just south of craven blight. That one i solokilled and with those wurms spawning in en masse, without using one single cooldown and only skill 1 and skill 2 on my other hammer.

I dont think an other profession would do that, staying in melee ranged 100% of the time, and it is those wurms in the aoe that makes it possible. Just try it with any other weapon a guardian has.

in Guardian

Sol.3296

@ Brutality – I saw those other posts and completely agree. I ran a similar thing with my pally in wow where I was healed small amount and poisoned my enemies on block with a certain shield in TBC and I managed to defeat over 25 mobs using CD’s.

I’m just interested in the exact mechanics of the ICD for empowered might as if it gives might on each crit providing they happen with the same strike then that is just gold! It’s still good without, but I like to know these things lol

in Guardian

Melizande.7230

@Brutaly

Sounds like a great setup.

I imagine you could go full Knight’s (with Soldier runes), and fill your jewelry with berserker, or mix in some Valkyrie jewelry until you have a decent mix with a good crit %.

In my head the ideal is to be a decent, consistent DPS setup with a tremendous tank, especially with all that self-healing, so that your allies can rely on you to keep the fight rolling while they duck out here and there to heal up between bursts.

Maybe that’s wishful thinking.

in Guardian

Brutaly.6257

In my head the ideal is to be a decent, consistent DPS setup with a tremendous tank, especially with all that self-healing, so that your allies can rely on you to keep the fight rolling while they duck out here and there to heal up between bursts.

Maybe that’s wishful thinking.

The first part you achive by using the proper tools/weapons and gear. Dealing damage isnt an issue for guardians imo.

The second part you solve with your shouts (protection, retaliation, stability), traited virtues for even more boons and the gamechanger is wall of reflection, its sokittennice in wvw.

Its not whishful thinking, its there up for grabs and its doable in all aspects of the game.. people tend to think there is some sort of contradiction between support and dps, there isnt. You can be good in supporting, doing damage and controlling at the same time. This is why the hammer is just beatiful in its current iteration.

in Guardian

Posted by: Voltric.6920

Voltric.6920

@Sol
From what I’ve experienced with empowering might, the 1sec ICD limits you to 1 stack of might granted per second, no matter what you do. A few weeks back, I had the same idea you did, so i decided to try it out.

4 mobs + 8 crits from 1h sword’s 3rd strike = 1 stack of might.

That was the moment I decided 10 points into Honor was sufficient for me.