Kohler and Wall of Reflection

in Guardian

Posted by: Myth Shaia.4856

Myth Shaia.4856

May be I missed something, but since when does Kohler’s projectile start portion of his spin/pull-in/nuke attack actually go through Wall of Reflection, in AC exp?

Oh and since when does using a Staff auto attack 10-12 times in a row manage to miss a volatile blossom that is right in front of my guardian, in TA?

It seems as if the Staff auto attack is either passing into the ground or way above its intended target.

…from elsewhere…
“I am not a complete idiot, there are some components missing still!” …

(edited by Myth Shaia.4856)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

use an aegis or dodge. not everything can be reflected

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

in Guardian

Posted by: Myth Shaia.4856

Myth Shaia.4856

use an aegis or dodge. not everything can be reflected

Elsewhere in the dungeon info on the wiki it states the Kohler’s initial attack is projectile based. Wall of Reflection states that it reflects projectiles. If Feedback on my mesmer works, then how does Wall of Reflection suddenly not?

Besides, have used Wall of Reflection on Kohler for months now and it has always worked for me up till today.

…from elsewhere…
“I am not a complete idiot, there are some components missing still!” …

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Kahrgan is right, not everything can be reflected, but when it works it’s great. Lots of fun in CM.

It does not reflect the Nightmare vine’s projectiles in TA for example. I learned that the hard way.

As for Kohler I never tried WoR on him. I always used Stand Your Ground with great success. Using this skill will keep your party from getting pulled in and you don’ t have to worry about Wall placement.

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

They do it for balance purposes. You could basically murder bosses if you could reflect them.

Like the Dredge boss in FOTM. You can WoR his bombs to him and when they explode with debuff you can do like 100k instantly.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

in Guardian

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Normally they use Mesmers feedback on dredge, but! are you sure it didnt just go over the wall? The scorpion wire has some arc and can go through the upper portion of WoF.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rucession.1872

Rucession.1872

They do it for balance purposes. You could basically murder bosses if you could reflect them.

The Risen Priestess of Dwayna’s shockwave attack can also be fully reflected back on her if you have Wall of Reflection up in her face.

I haven’t personally experienced WoR failing to block Kholer’s pull ability, although I have noticed that it no longer reflects it.