LOL guardian bunker is meta? (pvp)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Someone is joking….right……..right? I don’t get the joke.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Are you one of those people that believes there are no bunkers post patch?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Guardian

Posted by: SnowCow.5914

SnowCow.5914

Whoa, I didn’t know it was meta?! :o

Can’t win team fight’s without me; can’t hold points without me. #BunkerGuardLife
Teszla

in Guardian

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

holding a point 2v1 + giving any boon to your team + removing a ton of conditions is pretty good yea.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Armor in pvp is useless this patch. I don’t know what is meta about bunkers now, they die like flies 1vs1. Even burning guard is better than them. Srry but I don’t get the point of being meta right now. April fools day was months ago…..

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Played the “meta” build yesterday. It didn’t really feel any more powerful than it was pre-patch. Burning just destroys any low HP pool class that doesn’t take extra vitality, no matter how much condi cleanse you actually have.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Armor in pvp is useless this patch. I don’t know what is meta about bunkers now, they die like flies 1vs1. Even burning guard is better than them. Srry but I don’t get the point of being meta right now. April fools day was months ago…..

They can hold certain builds, if they cough a good player with spam easy build and knows what to do, yes they still go dow fast.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Koen Lenders.5971

Koen Lenders.5971

I don’t get this. I play Bunker Guardian all the time in PvP and I don’t die that easily. I can hold out in any 1vs1 for almost infinite time. Just be smart with you cooldowns, procs and try to use Line of Sight to your advantage. Even against Burning Guards you can hold out a pretty kitten long time if you cleanse properly and know which skills to dodge and block. I just don’t get it xD Besides the support you provide is insane. Quickness stomps and Quickness Ress are extremely useful aswell and real game changers.

Don’t understand why they are Meta? Probably playing it wrong then. If my teammates aren’t total dense f***s without any sense of rotation ( which allot of people unfortunately still are) and we win the first major clash at Mid we win the match because I can just bunker down mid in any 1vs1 or 2vs1 until help arrives. If I see help won’t arrive anytime soon in a 2vs1 I simply rotate to a different point to help out.

Most of the time it isn’t even the build that’s not performing, it’s the person using it that just doesn’t use the build the right way. Most people just panic when they get a little damage on theirselves and proc every virtue they have, every shout they have and even proc Shelter. See 2 guys incoming you know you can’t hold and you dying would bring your team in a bad spot? rotate. Just standing at mid and see your team getting into a 2vs3 or 3vs4? rotate and support.

Besides, Bunker isn’t about being melted down yourself. It’s about preventing that your teammates get melted down so they can do their thing. Ofcourse you are no use to them dead though. Bunker Guardian is all about getting your team through clutch moments that make or break the match.

I might be making assumptions here about your lack of map awareness or insight in what the role of a Bunker Guardian actually is, just trying to get my point across. Not actually accusing you of being a bad player. For all I know you might be Tage xD

(edited by Koen Lenders.5971)

in Guardian

Posted by: Evocatus Rex.6857

Evocatus Rex.6857

It certainly requires more kiting than it used to, with the damage being higher, but it is definitely top tier viable. Those who watch the EU esl cups will notice that many teams are running them now, including orng, the current wts champs.

The all too common mistake with bunker guard is bad rotation. Though it is tempting to have your BG sit on mid, they should be rotating to teamfights. If there is a 3v3 on the map, they should be in it, and if they are in it they will probably win it.

That said the the possibility of losing 1v1s, which I would say is more dependant on the skill of the guard player than the build in this case, is largely irrelevant as they should not be in them!

tldr;
No they can’t facetank everything
They are great if you rotate them correctly

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Well, originally the bunker in any class build (which on release everyone expected guards to be tanky so the community forced them into the role) were supposed to survive 1v1 and hold off 1v2+ longer to allow points to tick and contest.

Being a team fighter is less about bunker and more about support, so the support the guard brings is primarily stability and condi cleansing (with stability less powerful now that it stacks, but still needed).

In PvE, guard support is primarily projectile reflects and blocks, but it is hard pressed to fit wall of reflection into a utility bar when trying to stay alive.

Team healing was never something that you used a guard for.

The other thing guards brought in bunker setup that people valued on team fights was staff for might stacks, but in a mobile team fight, the staff becomes harder to apply since range is limited, especially when moving.

So I guess what I am saying is, you don’t need to be a bunker to support team fights, since you can bring absolute resolution for clutch condi clears, blinds and stability for stomps and what not, and timed blocks with aegis. Also with virtues you have “some” might stacking with voj, but not as high as staff admittedly.

(edited by CMF.5461)

in Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

It’s meta mostly because one team had one in the first tournament after the patch.

Why? Of the the brawler build only one is still meta(ele) and thief, mesmer and warrior are now all about burst. So a limited amount of build to hold points and a high burst capability that block, aegis, invulnerability, etc can mitigate and you can see why Guardian bunker is making a come back. It’s just work relatively well into the new competitive scene. Will it last? I’m not sure because we probably gonna see more and more condition damage build, which gonna destroy the guardian bunker.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Exactly what Thaddeus said. It really isn’t surprising. A resilient, shout cleansing, quickness giving Guardian, will syncronize quite well with other glassy builds who can’t 1v2. If you’ve watched the NA or EU tournaments then you’ll know exactly why bunk guards are making a comeback. This meta has a whole lot more diversity in regards to team comp than prepatch.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

yeah but anything… after patch well… meta bunkers use mace/focus and hammer ?

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Chaotic.9742

Chaotic.9742

As a guardian who ran bunker competitively ages ago when it was mandatory, I was skeptical hearing it was back. I gave in and said sure I’ll try it.

It’s downright disgustingly good. It is better than it was back in the old days. Your allies no longer fear condition overload (burning? Oh let me clear that for you). I have yet to lose a 1v1, 2v1 it all depends on what classes it is but you will live long enough for a teammate to come. Anyone who says it’s trash, I recommend more practice before you disregard it. It is downright viable in this meta.

in Guardian

Posted by: Sublime Le Peasant.1932

Sublime Le Peasant.1932

Hi Frands,
Some of you might now me, some others dont…
I used to play competitive a long time ago back when Bunker Guardian was a thing..

Just before getting started on the topic I want to say 1 thing, is theres no more ‘’Bunker Guard’’ only on low tier you will see a Guardian been play has ’’bunker’’, in Higher Tier they considered has support you have to rotate and push team fights for your team instand of just sit on the Node and be stuck in unfair matchup.

The Huge power creeps and not having Cele Engi or heavy Condition application Favor us, we are strong and brave if our rotation are made properly wich means forcing TeamFights and Push 3v3s etc.

As long has we stay in the direction, the support of guardian is in a very good state. Regardless, you will always see some comp made to kittener that ‘’Balance Comp’’ like there always been in every game.

Top 50, before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWk2ObTvn9s
Gerdien

(edited by Sublime Le Peasant.1932)

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

@sublime we are better but so are the other classes, if aint playing with an organized team the bunker guard wont do any help, gw2 pvp happens to fast.
In my case if i aint with a high damage class i will get reqt for sure.

And no pvp isnt that balanced how some say.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Sublime Le Peasant.1932

Sublime Le Peasant.1932

@sublime we are better but so are the other classes, if aint playing with an organized team the bunker guard wont do any help, gw2 pvp happens to fast.
In my case if i aint with a high damage class i will get reqt for sure.

• Hi Aeolus, any support role been played without a team is quite boring and wont bring much work to the table.
    In a perfect scenario your shouldnt be stuck in 1v1s or 1v2 cause any other class could do a better work than you and you could be need somewhere else.

And no pvp isnt that balanced how some say.

• I was talking about a Balance Team Comp( 2 dps(mesmer +thief), Guardian, Ele + w.e) I didnt say that the PvP state was a perfect balance (There is way 2 many broken things) but it is way better than it used to..
Top 50, before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWk2ObTvn9s
Gerdien

(edited by Sublime Le Peasant.1932)

in Guardian

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

Bad player is bad. Also, he doesn’t seem to know what meta means. Meta is meta with or without your opinion.

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Whats the build? Is it one of the old bunker builds or something slightly different? Weapons? Sick of playing burning guardian.

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

Whats the build? Is it one of the old bunker builds or something slightly different? Weapons? Sick of playing burning guardian.

mace/focus – > http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Bunker

Only works with a decent team, basicly wont work on hot joins, and some builds will basicly also down you fast if u make a minor mistake or delayed evade.

saddly i could bunker much better with the old system…. :\ even on wvw.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Woah Cleric amulet? This is like a 12k hit build. Down fast indeed if you make a mistake.

(edited by brannigan.9831)